Chapter 11

The Devil Is Not So Black
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

      Red. From afar the black smoke and burning lava could be seen. And no, it wasn’t the always erupting volcano from the Hell, it was Bam Bam.

      The loving welcoming that Mark and Jackson expected to receive was not the way they wanted. The situation was tensioned and awkward. The 7 demons were seated in Mark’s beautiful garden. Even though Mark missed his garden and was happy to see it again, he could not express his feelings right, because everyone was quiet and thoughtful. While examining a beautiful red rose, Jaebum and Jinyoung discussed something on their own, whispering. Mark and Jackson only held hands and stood quietly. The red sky was intimidated by Bam Bam’s red face, and the puffy clouds made their way out. Mark and Jackson felt pains in the back from time to time; their wings were growing back and their powers covered their entire bodies. The brown haired guy, with long legs and a red face like a cherry finally stood up. After so much meditation, he finally stood up.

 

“You lied to me. But not only me, to us.”

“No, we didn’t, Bam Bam.” Jackson was the only one who could talk back at him

“Yes you did.”

“No. When did I ever said that my feelings from Mark were not true?!”

“Bull.”

“When you announced us that we are coming back home, didn’t you see the amazement on our faces? We weren’t expecting that.”

“Bull. Bull. BULL.”

“I don’t even understand why you are so angry and why the are you guys so quiet. It’s not like we transformed in angels or something. We didn’t kill anyone here, so what’s with this atmosphere?!” Jackson was getting angry

“Wang Jackson, I don’t understand you.” Bam Bam said while he angrily made his way out

“Well I don’t understand him too.” Jackson said as he sat down once again

 

      The atmosphere was once again awkward and quiet, but since he couldn’t resist anymore, Mark started to talk.

 

“Ya, Jinyoung-ah. Why do you look so surprised huh? Who was the one who made me take care of Jackson huh? Who was the one who always supported me? Who was the one who got jealous because I became friends with someone? Isn’t that you? My best friend?”

“Um, Mark, I…”

“You knew, Jinyoung. You’ve always known my true feelings, yet you lied to yourself and now you’re feeling betrayed.”

“I thought that was for the show too…”

“Oh, c’mon. You are the only one who knows my whole story; would I do this for some useless show?”

 

      Jinyoung was speechless. He never thought that this could be real. No one did, actually. But Mark and Jackson being affectionate with each other in front of them, after the Devil left them alone, proved that it was true. Mark was very angry because of this situation. This is not a crime. It’s not like Jinyoung and Jaebum are together too, and Youngjae flirts with Yugyeom with every chance he gets, and vice versa. Jackson, on the other side, was still confused at Bam Bam’s acting. He was the only one behaving like that from all of them. For Jackson, Bam Bam always mattered. He was like the little brother he never had. They were always together, playing and talking, like real brothers. Jackson always took care of him when it was needed and Bam Bam always offered Jackson his shoulder to cry on when it was too hard. Jackson thought that maybe Bam could understand him, but he was wrong.

      Once Mark and Jackson were left alone again, they sighed and unlocked their hands, falling on the ground, because the pains on their backs were unbearable. It’s been so long since they felt this and it almost seemed new to them. Mark let his wings out, feeling like his back was cut into pieces with an AK-47 knife. Jackson teared as he tried to let out his wings too, and Mark approached him, hugging him with all his warmth. After a while, finally their wings were out, black and beautiful as they always saw them. The slightly got their feet up from the ground, then came back, testing their powers again.

 

“What’s wrong with them…? Jacks?”

“I don’t know, love… It’s that bad that we love each other?”

“No, of course not. We shouldn’t care about that, right? Their opinions are equal to zero in front of us, right?”

“Yes…”

“Jacks?”

“Hm?”

“Do you mind if I come over tonight? I don’t feel like going home…”

“Of course. Let’s go.”

 

      While they made their way to Jackson’s house, all their old friends greeted them and complimented them on how good they look together. The little demons were bowing at them, Mark slightly patting them on the head. They met their seniors too, and they were happy to see so many people. Jackson’s house was very close. Jackson was very happy to see his beautiful house again. He invited Mark in, as he left the luggage in a room.

 

“I bet you missed it so much.”

“Oh, you don’t know how much I did.”

 

      Jackson covered Mark in a back hug, as they walked upstairs, to Jackson’s bedroom. It was a simple room, yet covered with lots of awards he received in his career as a Demon. His closet was as big as the wall, but that didn’t surprise Mark. Mark rushed back downstairs and got a big bag with him. When Jackson saw it, he smirked as he understood Mark’s will. It was one of their bags with souvenirs, and Mark thought of decorating Jackson’s bedroom with them. In another bag were lots of photo frames with the two of them and even with the girls. When Mark reached the frame with Tiffany and Taeyeon, he remembered the sadness in Tiffany’s eyes at their departure and how tight she embraced him on their last meeting. Her cute smile somehow brightened Mark, but he couldn’t stop thinking about her. Jackson caressed his blonde hair as he felt the sadness, and cheered him up. After two hours, they finished decorating the room and they went down.

 

“Want some hot cocoa? I brought a lot of Earth foods and drinks with us.” Mark said

“You really did this?” Jackson was very surprised

“Of course. You know how much I got attached to things down there.”

“Okay, do as you want. But I only hope that you got me some wine too.”

“How can I forget about that? Haha. But Jacks, it seems like Coco woke up, take her out.”

“Hey little princess, do you like your new home?” Jackson said as he hugged Coco and then released her, “Right. Mark, where is Coco going to stay?”

“Well, I haven’t thought of that… Do you mind if she stays with me and I bring her whenever I come, like, every day?”

“Of course not. She’s more attached to you anyways.”

 

      Jackson’s house did resemble their house from the Earth a little, and that made Mark more comfortable. He fed Coco with some food he found in Mark’s luggage, waiting until Mark is done with the cocoa. Jackson sat on the leather sofa that he got as a present from the Devil and welcomed Mark with a warm hug as he came with the cups of cocoa. As Mark cuddled in Jackson’s arms, something was hurting his hip. He checked the pocket and he found the phone. Oh, that big iPhone 6s plus that he bought in the firs

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter