Chapter 10

The Devil Is Not So Black
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Ah, these are so heavy. Jackson Wang why the did you want me to buy all these things?! You don’t have enough time to eat them, are you going to throw a party or what?!”

 

      Silence. Silence was the only thing that Mark could hear. He could smell the pork in the oven, but he couldn’t hear Jackson, no matter how loud he called his name. The table was prettily arranged, and the candles were not lighten yet. There was a bottle of red wine, and some red petals around it. The lights were subtle and everything was arranged neatly.

 

“Jackson…?”

 

      Mark checked Jackson’s room and it was empty. He climbed the stairs as he kept calling Jackson. Even if the atmosphere seemed ok, Mark was still a bit scared. He tried to figure out what was happening. Before he could press down the latch of his bedroom, the door opened and Jackson came out. He grabbed Mark’s hand, kissed it and dragged him downstairs.

 

“Jackson? What is happening?”

“What do you mean? I prepared you dinner.”

“Oh, really… But why is the house so… It feels weird.”

“It’s not. It’s absolutely perfect.”

“And what were you doing in my bedroom?”

“I was reading your diary. Someone seems to be in love.”

“Ya. Stop doing this. You know I don’t like it.”

“But I like it you look embarrassed like now and your cheeks are so red.”

“Stop it.”

     

      Mark lowered his look. Mark’s weakest point was Jackson. Of course, he loved him, but he couldn’t express his feelings the right way, because he wanted to maintain his cool, badass demon image. His diary was his only place when he could feel relieved after writing some stuff. But now he’s been discovered, and even though he likes the fact that Jackson knows his true feelings, he’s embarrassed.

 

“I love you too, Mark, to the Hell and back.”

     

     Mark didn’t say anything. He just got closer to Jackson, backhugging him as they made their way to the table. Jackson seated Mark, and went to the kitchen. He brought the steak and opened the wine. He poured Mark half of a glass, and his a full one. He lighted the candles, and a peachy scent was felt.

      The dinner ended very well. Jackson told Mark to wait at the table until he calls his name. Mark stood there like a little child, but he was very curious what was going on. After a couple of minutes, Jackson called out Mark’s name. Mark got up and climbed the stairs. His astonishment was the fact that, at the end of the stairs, red petals were arranged in a line that was finishing at the entrance of his room. He opened the door, and saw the continuous line of red roses all the way to his bed, where, in the middle of a heart, a little black box was placed. He opened it and he couldn’t move for a couple of seconds.

 

“Do you like it? I searched it the entire day, as I kept you busy buying useless things.”

“Jackson this is… beautiful.”

“Like you. I specially got it for you.”

“But… why…”

“I want to show the world that you’ll always be mine.”

“But we already have the couple rin-“

“Shh. I love it when you’re quiet.”

     

      [incoming fluff part] [read chapter 18 if you don't know what's happening here] [I'm so sorry for the inconvenience] [Enjoy the story! ♥]

 

10:42 a.m.

 

“Good morning, love.”

     

 

      Jackson said as he kissed Mark’s forehead. Closing his eyes, and covering his face with the blanket, Mark felt embarrassed.

 

“You’re so beautiful when you blush.”

 

      Jackson kissed Mark’s cheeks countless times finishing with a short kiss on the lips. Jackson guided Mark to the table, where he once again prepared the meal. Half asleep, Mark ate his pancakes and drank the sw

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter