Chapter 6

The Devil Is Not So Black
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jackson rushed to the shower, undressed himself and he was about to let the water fall all over him.

“Don’t wash with cold water! It’s not good for your situation!” Mark yelled at him

      Jackson felt something strange in his stomach. He showered with very hot water, so when he came out, a cloud of steam came out like that was a sauna.

      Mark left Jackson’s room and went to kitchen to eat something. Then he went upstairs, changed himself into comfortable clothes and went back downstairs. He did some cleaning and sat on the couch. Jackson wasn’t getting out. He was worried again. Then he saw Jinyoung in a corner.

“Umm, weren’t you supposed to have just one shift here? And that was yesterday, I bet.” Mark said to Jinyoung

“I missed you that much so I wanted to see you today too.” And he anwered

“Aww, really?” Mark was quite surprised

“Of course not. I lied the Devil that I have to take a dead person from here so I can see Jackson. I’m here for him. How is he feeling?” Jinyoung asked Mark

“What a d*ck. Maybe you’ll be the one dead. He’s fine, I think. He seemed fine this morning.”

“Haha, such a good joke. He seemed? Go and check him.”

“No.” Mark’s answer was short and kind of angry

“Why?”

“Because it’s been 2 hours since we woke up and I bet he’s angry at me and I don’t want more purple on my face than a lavender.”

“So you’re afraid of him now?”

“Of course not.”

“Then go inside.”

“If you are that worried why don’t you go inside?!” Mark was getting angry at Jinyoung

“Coward.”

“Me? Never.”

      Mark opened Jackson’s room and had to see his beautiful six pack again. Jackson was embarrassed so he turned around. Mark was… well… Pleasured with the view, but also embarrassed. He closed the door, walked to the sofa, sat down and gave Jinyoung a very angry look.

“I TOLD YOU HE’S FINE!” Mark yelled at Jinyoung

“Did I say that he’s not?”

“ you, Jinyoung. Seriously, when will Yugyeom be coming here?! You’re getting more and more annoying.”

“You know I love you, hyung. Bye!” Jinyoung said to Mark and kissed him on the cheek

“That’s gross, you idiot! You’ll be dead when I’ll come back!” Mark yelled at the ceiling actually, since Jinyoung was already gone

“Who were you talking to?” Jackson decided to come out

“Oh, there was Jaebum’s lover, Jinyoung.”

“Ah, that guy. Nice.”

“Yep… So… How’s your body doing?”

“It’s… It’s good… Thanks… A lot… And sorry for you face…” Jackson lowered his face

“It’s okay. So… Do you want to go out for shopping?”

“Shopping for what…?”

“Christmas.”

“What’s that… again?” Jackson was confused. Again.

“You know, God’s son was born on that day and people on Earth celebrate 3 days for this so they put decorations and stuff. So yeah. Let’s buy some too. Come on!”

“Interesting. Well, I guess I have nothing to do inside. Let’s go.”

      And they walked all the way to the supermarket. There’s a car in their backyard. But since none of them has a license, we don’t want anything bad to happen to them. When they arrived they were surprised by the amount of people that were there. It was full. You had no space to breath. But they managed to arrive at the Christmas decorations corner. Mark put on his head some reindeer horns and a Santa cap. Mark was actually putting every single decoration on their cart. Jackson was watching him carefully. The smile on Mark’s face was something he never saw. His smile could make the Hell a place peaceful than the Heaven. That’s how beautiful it was in Jackson’s eyes. Jackson was getting again those strange feelings inside his belly.

“So, Jackson, what do you think of this?” Mark asked Jackson while putting on a red nose

“I… I think you look beautiful…” Jackson was kind of speechless

“You’re so funny, thanks haha!”

      Mark’s laughter was heard in the entire supermarket. For some reason, Mark was very happy, and this made Jackson really happy too. Even though he didn’t knew why, he was smiling along with Mark and picked a lot of decorations with him too. They bought a lot of lights and even a Christmas tree already decorated. When they arrived home they put the tree in the middle of the living room and Mark went outside to decorate the house. Jackson remained inside to decorate their bedrooms.

      Jackson decorated his room and then headed to Mark’s room. He found on his bed a lot of books. There were his diary and the book about the Earth too. Something in Mark’s diary got Jackson’s attention.

      “21st December 2013

      Dear diary,

      Today was the most beautiful day in my life. The guy I had a crush on kissed me under some sort of strange plant. I’m going to build a garden so I can remember him every day of my life.

      I’m so happy!”

“So that’s why he’s so happy… And he likes guys. Strange.” Jackson said loud

      The page at which the book was opened was about mistletoe, and there was written that if you and your loved one are under this plant you have to kiss each other.

“So that’s what that plant was.”

      After Jackson finished decorating Mark’s bedroom, he sat on the bed, and decided to read a little bit more from the diary. He knew he wasn’t doing a good thing, but Mark was too busy decorating the house on the outside.

“1st January 2014

Dear Diary,

I’ve never been this sad in my life. He said it was a mistake. He said he hates me. He said I’m too easy and dumb. But you know what? I’m going to change myself. I’m going to be the evilest demon on this Hell.”

“Well, that escalated quickly. Now we know why Mister Arrogant is that arrogant. And we know why he was being so sensitive about that garden; I’ll better go out faster from here.”

      Meanwhile, Mark finished decorating the house and he was looking through the garden. He found a box buried in the yard. It was actually a pair of wings, and since there was no one outside, Mark put on the wings, and he flew.

“Jackson! Jackson! Come out! Look what I found!!!” Mark screamed very enthusiastic

      Jackson came in a rush outside and saw Mark flying. He was very surprised, and also very sad, because he remembered his beautiful black wings. In that moment, Mark started to fall, so Jackson went to chase him. Jackson got him into his arms, like Mark was some sort of princess who needs to be carried to her castle.

“Well, I guess that didn’t last long. They are not

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter