Chapter 13

The Devil Is Not So Black
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

      

“So… What did you guys do that bad that you’re coming with me?” Mark asked the dead people on their way to Hell

“Well… I was so jealous that I killed my boyfriend. I never gave him the chance to explain so I killed him.”  One of them said

“What a coincidence! This happened to me too! I think the next generation should be less jealous. Look what this is leading to!” another one said

 

      Mark felt like 2 heavy rocks were placed on his heart. After he heard their answers he didn’t talk anymore. He simply guided them to the gate and all the way he thought: “Am I too jealous? No… no… this is not…” , “But still… what if…”. Mark’s head was filled with this kind of thoughts. He felt like the Hell was collapsing on him and he was helpless.

 

★★★

 

     

      Whenever a volcano was erupting, couples from Hell would gather and watch the amazing show. It was the equal of fireworks on Earth. 

 

“Ah, it stings!” Yugyeom said as he put his finger inside his mouth

“What happened? The lava burnt you?! Let me see!” Youngjae said as he took Yugyeom’s finger and started to blow on it

 

      It was one of their first dates, and Youngjae liked to be careful. He knew Yugyeom like this kind of things and he could see from the way Yugyeom was blushing when he blew on his finger. As scary and rude Yugyeom must seem, he was a little girl on the inside. He liked little things, clichés and short kisses. Youngjae stalked him a lot before he could confess, just to be perfect and to catch Yugyeom’s heart. He locked his hand with Yugyeom’s and they started to walk in the place full of lava. Yugyeom was so happy that he was finally enjoying a proper date with Youngjae that he couldn’t hold his smile.

 

“Are you that happy?”

“Yes…” Yugyeom nodded in a very shy way

“If you are happy then I’m happy too…”

 

      As I said, Yugyeom liked clichés, so he almost jumped when he heard Youngjae’s words.

 

“Don’t you think this place is so romantic?” Youngjae asked Yugyeom

“Yes, it’s very romantic. At night I think is amazing.”

“Let’s come here at night next time, okay?” Youngjae said as he kissed Yugyeom’s pink cheek

“Mm…yes…” Yugyeom said and after some seconds his eyes looked bigger than the sun, “This is it. Honey, you’re amazing! I have an idea.”

“I… am?”

     

      Youngjae was confused, he didn’t know what he did so good that Yugyeom had an idea suddenly. He didn’t even know what that idea was about, but he enjoyed the cute behavior of Yugyeom. The remaining time on their date they could only smile and blush from time to time, they are a very timid couple, but no one can blame them.

 

★★★

 

 

“I can’t believe that you only figured it out now. It was obious.” Jinyoung looked dumbfounded

“No, it wasn’t. Damn. Only because of this?!” Jackson yelled at Jinyoung

“Be calm, my ears hurt. And yes, because of this. I thought you know Mark very well, but it seems like I was wrong.”

“Just shut up, will you? I’m trying to figure out a way to settle the things…”

“I only wanted to help. I can leave if you don’t like my presence.”

“No, stay, please… I’m sorry. But do you know how I feel? Please, understand me and help me. You’re the only one who can help me.”

“Guys! Guuuyyyss!” Yugyeom was screaming, running towards them with his hand still locked with Youngjae’s

“I’m going to ask about that, but why are you screaming like that?!” Jackson said while pointing at their hands

“I know a way! I have an idea!” Yugyeom was happy about his idea

“And it looks like I’m not the only one who can help you, Jackson.” Jinyoung said while resting his arm on Jackson’s shoulder

“You don’t know what his idea is, how can you know that it’s about that?” Jackson took Jinyoung’s arm off his shoulder

“Well, let’s see. What is it, Gyeomie? What’s all this fuss about?” Jinyoung patted Yugyeom

“I found a way for these two idiots to made up.”

“Told ya.” Jinyoung looked at Jackson, “How? How are we going to settle the things?”

 

      Yugyeom approached them and whispered the whole plan. Both Youngjae and Jinyoung seemed very proud of Yugyeom, but Jackson was still unsure. What if it won’t work? What is he going to do? Jackson started to have a headache, and this was not helping him.

      Jinyoung cheered on Jackson and assured him that everything is going to be ok. Jackson seemed a little bit happier and they got to work. Yugyeom and Youngjae took Jackson to get the things ready, while Jinyoung left to wait for Mark. After a while, Jaebum made his appearance too after finishing his shift at work. Jinyoung told him everything and he was excited about the whole situation, since his friend, Jackson was involved.

 

 

★★★

 

 

      The night started to fall over the Hell. The red sky slowly faded in purple and after in a completely black lace with white sparkling diamonds on the top of it. The Hell was quieter than usually, while the smoke in the air could still be sensed. As he walked slowly on the wooden bridge, Mark had endless thoughts. He looked at the sky from time to time, and remembered the time he went at the restaurant with Jacks and he was drunk. “Great times…” Mark said while taking a deep breath and let out a tired sigh. He leaned his back on the corner of the bridge and closed his eyes for a couple of seconds. He wanted to imagine a beautiful dream, he wanted to think that everything was a dream and everything that he needs is a switch to take him back to reality.

 

“Mark!”

“Oh?” Mark felt surprised as a signal really came, but it was Jinyoung

“What are you doing here?”

“I’m just… relaxing…”

“Are you tired?”

“Yes…”

“Well, why don’t you go home, take a shower and meet me at the volcano at 23:00 p.m.?”

“Okay… But why?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter