Chapter 14

The Devil Is Not So Black
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The boiling Hell looks very busy. Demons are flying from place to place, checking things, the children are out to explore the new lava lake, and even the sky looks busy with tons of stars shining like diamonds. However, Mark was taking a sweet nap on his soft mattress, while Jackson quietly sneaked out from the room. He put on his clothes, washed his face and teeth and left Mark’s house. When he arrived in the Center, he was surprised about the crazy concourse. Everyone was busy, doing every sort of thing. He didn’t know what to do, but he felt like he should do something too, so he asked one of the employees why were they so busy. The answer was simple, the competitions are starting soon, so the Hell needs to be perfect for the big day. When Jackson heard about the competitions his head suddenly started to hurt, “Crap! I forgot about them!”

      After a short walk, Jackson finally arrived at the meeting place. He arrived first, so he sat down, amazed by all the preparations. Usually, they would set up a ring for fighting… and that’s it, not sophisticated things, but he wondered if there’s going to be a special presence this time. He finally spotted the tall and skinny silhouette, with a sad face and dark circles.

      Frankly speaking, he was meeting with Bam Bam today. Jackson wanted to settle things with him in the end. Bam Bam was his best friend and the fact that he’s been crying locked up inside his own house for more than 4 days made him worried. Maybe he did what he did, but he’s still his best friend and he wants to go back to how they were previously.

 

“How have you been?” Jackson wanted to break the ice

“Not very good…” Bam Bam answered as he wiped a last tear

“Bam Bam… you have to stop. What you’re doing is not good for you…” Jackson said as he took Bam Bam’s hand

“You know nothing…”

“I did the same thing like you too, Bams, but it didn’t end well. So why don’t you want to listen to me?”

“Okay… I’ll try to cry less…”

“Not only that. Bam Bam… I want us to go back the way we were.”

“How can we do that, Jackson?! How can we be best friends again, when… Look at me! How?!”

“We just need time, Bammie.”

“The last time you called me like that was when you made your luggage to leave for Earth… Good times… If the Devil decided to let you stay here back then… I think we would’ve been a pretty couple by this time…”

“Maybe… But the Universe had something else prepared for me.”

“Unfortunately yes…”

“Bam Bam. You know I only trust you and you’re the person I can say anything to without feeling embarrassed. You are unique for me. Can you please accept my relationship with Mark and try to make up with me? Huh?”

“You know it’s going to take a lot of time, right?”

“For what?”

“For us to go back the way we were…”

“So… does this mean that… you accept us?”

“Yes… Yes, I do…”

“Slap me. I think I’m dreaming.”

“No, you idiot. You’re not dreaming. If you’re happy, then I should be happy too. I’m going to get over this fast, so don’t worry about me and take care of your petite Mark.”

“You grew up so fast…”

“Stop it.”

“Okay okay… but keep in mind that I’ll always be here for you, so you can say anything to me, okay?”

“Of course mate!”

 

      Bam Bam’s face looked bright and happy, but of course he wasn’t feeling like that. Just because he admitted that he accepts them and that he wants to repair his friendship with Jackson didn’t mean that he’s okay. He still needs his time to heal. His heart is broken, but he’ll glue it back to its natural form. He and Jackson laughed for thirty more minutes until Jackson excused himself and left in a hurry. He remembered that he can only talk to the Devil until 5 o’clock. It was 3:46 and he still had enough time. His hands were sweating and his heart was beating fast. It wasn’t like this even when he confessed, he wondered what’s wrong with him, and it’s just a discussion with the Devil, not a big deal.

 

“Come in.” a fierce voice was heard from the improvised office

 

      Jackson came in shyly and sat down on the seat in front of the bureau. He remained silent for the next five minutes, meditating at his phrases, until the Devil’s seat slowly turned, facing him.

 

“I’m sorry to disturb you from your precious work, Lord.”

“It’s okay, I don’t think you came at me for a useless thing. So say why you are here.”

“Well… I’m sure that you know that the competitions time is coming and I know that the rules are the rules, but… can’t you grant me a wish?”

“Rules are rules, Jackson. Of course, I want to hear the wish, and as well the reason.”

“I want you to take me and Mark out from the competition. Lord, we are rivals in this competition, but we love each other more than a blind person loves the light and a deaf loves music. Can’t you please accept my request?”

“How sweet. You’re afraid you’ll hurt him? Don’t worry, he’s very strong.”

“Please, sir, don’t be like that.”

“Jackson, rules are rules and this reason is not good enough for me to take you out. Just because it will leave some scars and your bodies will hurt a lot the week after the competition ends, it’s not a good reason. You’re healing fast, I don’t get your point.”

“I cannot hurt the person I love the most.”

“But you’re not hurting him… you’re simply... Doing couple exercising!”

“You’re such a creative Demon, my lord.” Jackson faked a smile

“Of course I am. Now leave, I have to finish stuffs that are too hard for you to understand.”

“So we are not competing anymore?”

“Of course you do! Do some practice, there’s not much time left. Please, leave my office.”

 

      Jackson felt like the sky collapsed on him. He never wanted to go against Mark again. How could that be possible? Just thinking of opening his wings to blow Mark away made his heart ache, not to mention the using of powers. How can he use his power against Mark? The only time he did he cried over that for days and felt guilty a lot. This kind of thoughts walked through his mind as he made his way back to Mark’s house. He slowly opened the door and quietly climbed the stairs up. He opened Mark’s bedroom door and he saw the blonde cuddled in his warm blanket. His fluffy hair was getting into his eyes and he looked like he had a really nice dream. Jackson approached him with light steps. He arranged Mark’s hair, kissing his forehead, going down to his nose, cheek and, finally, the neck. Mark’s weakest point. Mark

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter