Chapter 4

The Devil Is Not So Black
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Since Mark started to read that book, Jackson was getting more and more bored. He was actually too bored to realize that he’s been awake for 15 hours. But he’s not sleepy. He tasted every single thing from the kitchen, and while Mark was concentrating upstairs to read the book silently, Jackson was heard somehow.

“Oh my… Tuan! You have to eat this, is great!”

“Tuan. This is the best thing I ever had!”

“Mark, this thing is called almost like you, it’s ‘Mars’, but it’s so sweet!”

“Hey, Mark, this thing called ‘Whiskey’ is giving me a strange feeling!”

      And the list can continue. The good thing is that Jackson only tasted a glass of each beverage, so he was just a little bit dizzy. When he finished the tasting he went to his room, falling on his bed without knowing. When he woke up it was already morning, and it was still silence inside the house. The clock showed 7 a.m., so Jackson decided to go back to sleep. It was so warm inside the blanket, that he wanted to stay there forever. Well, his forever didn’t last too long, as he heard knockings at his door. He looked at the clock, which showed 10:54, and then he decided to get up. He had a headache, but he didn’t really knew what the feeling was, it was just hurting.

“Open the door.”

“Wait.”     

      Jackson walked sleepy to the door, opened it and saw Mark standing there with visible dark circles on his face.

“What’s on your face?” Jackson asked, almost starting to laugh

“I just need to sleep more. Come out, I have to teach you what I learned from the book.” Mark said in a very tired voice.

“I think you can tell me after you take a nap.” Jackson was actually a little worried

“Don’t joke with me. You’ll be happy if I just die. So come out.”

“What an idiot. I meant that.”

“Sure.”

      Mark went straight to the couch, waiting for Jackson. But Jackson wasn’t coming, so he closed his eyes a little. And that little became a very long nap. When he woke up, he was covered with a blanket, and had a pillow under his head. The clock showed 20:00 p.m. and he was wandering where could Jackson be and why was Jackson taking so much care of him.

“Jackson?”

      Nothing.

“Wang?”

      Nothing again.

“Then I’ll just go to wash my face and change into comfortable clothes.”

      Mark was not very worried, because the house was locked, and the keys were in his secret pocket, Jackson was definitely inside. He just wasn’t hearing. Mark the lights, changed himself, washed his face, and went downstairs again to look for Jackson. He searched in the kitchen and he saw Jackson sitting on the table, with a bunch of stuff on it.

“What are all of this?” Mark asked confused

“These are the things you are going to eat right now.”

“Why…?”

“Because if I want to get out of here and understand what is going on with this Earth, I need to treat you well.”

“Stop doing this. It’s nauseous.”

“Sure. Now eat.”

      Jackson watched Mark the entire time, and he saw the satisfaction on Mark’s face. He was sure that he likes those things, because he does too. Jackson was very impatient. He wanted to find out about the Earth and the people here as soon as possible.

“Ok, I can not eat any more.” Mark said while rolling his eyes

“So… Can you tell me now about this world…?”

“Yes… so… This strange world… Is strange.”

“What do you mean?” Jackson was actually a little confused

“So they work, to get money, and with that money they buy things that help them to survive.”

“… O...k… So what is money?”

“Some pieces of paper, green, with which you can buy things.”

“What is ‘buy’?”

“You give money, and take things instead. When you were at that office, two days ago, you were there because you haven’t paid the fruit you took.”

“And from where do we get money…?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter