Chapter 15

The Devil Is Not So Black
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You could cut the air with a knife. Mark and Jackson were anxious, since they spent time on Earth and couldn’t practice. They totally forgot about the competitions, and also that they were rivals. Mark never thought of hitting Jackson again, and Jackson never wanted to hurt Mark. How could he leave marks on that milky soft skin? How could he destroy his beautiful wings? Jackson’s head hurt from too many questions that were echoing in his head. Jinyoung cheered on them as much as he could, knowing how nervous they were.

      Instead of giving each other fierce looks, Mark and Jackson were encouraging each other, unlike their fanbases. There were two different groups, chanting for Mark or Jackson. They were known as sworn enemies and their matches were the most entertaining. Knowing how much they hated each other and how hard they fight to win the competition, the other demons that were only watching the competitions, started to cheer for Mark or Jackson. And that’s how the audience split suddenly into two rival groups.

 

“Are you guys ready?” Jinyoung asked them while patting Mark on his back

“I’m not sure. We are lacking practice, Jinyoung. I don’t know if we can fight properly. What I lose my balance and, involuntary, I hit Jacks in heart?”

“Mark, you won’t do that. You have to think positive, that’s what you have to do. You guys have to end the round with a tie, so you won’t advance to the next rounds, it’s simple.”

“Let’s do that, Mark.” Jackson locked his hand with Mark’s

“Okay… Let’s do this.” Mark tried to calm himself

 

 

“3! 2! 1! ENTER THE RING!”

 

 

      The crowds were chanting Mark and Jackson’s name as soon as they saw them. Coming from different sides of the ring, they looked into each other’s eyes and cheered up silently. They entered the ring, nervous than ever. The slowly opened their wings and gained their powers. As soon as the referee blew the whistle, they got into their positions and slowly started to attack. The crowd that was chanting so loud their names was now quiet, analyzing their moves. Mark started the game by shooting a fire towards Jackson, but he successful avoided it. Feeling now more confident, Jackson gave out a strong thunderbolt, one father falling off Mark. It didn’t last long until they were up in the sky, furiously throwing at each other fire, thunders, lava and freezing wind. Around them was a thick circle of light, their bodies emanating lots of energy. After successfully moving Jackson 10 inches away, Mark smiled while looking into Jackson’s eyes. They were happy that they didn’t disappoint the ‘fans’ and also that they used their skills at the highest level. They felt like they finally returned to their old selves. Finally, after they fought for more than an hour, the referee decided to stop their match and call it a tie. They were glad of their result and went to watch the other matches. Jinyoung lost to JB and Youngjae lost to Yugyeom. Jinyoung was way too immersed in Jae Bum’s wild eyes, and he was happy he lost, and as for Youngjae, well, how could he attack his lover? It was not ethical from his point of view. Bam Bam, unfortunately, lost the match against the tall, brunette and strong demon. It was the first time he met him, yet he was so powerful.

 

“Hey, Bam Bam! It was a good match, I hope we get paired next time too!” the brunette said to Bam Bam after the game was over

“Yes, it was a really good match. Why? Do you want to beat me again?” Bam Bam laughed at the brunette’s sentence

“No, but I want to see you and get that closer to you again.” He said patting Bam Bam’s head

 

      Bam Bam couldn’t say a word. It was the first time he challenged, yet the first time he ever heard those words from someone. He was in trance, not moving an inch from his place. He came back to reality the moment Jackson patted his back, encouraging him that he’ll do better next time.

 

“Jackson?” Bam Bam asked without making eye contact with Jackson

“Yeah?”

“Who was the guy I fought with?”

“That brunette? Oh, I think his name is Hyun Woo. I met him a long time ago, but he’s a nice guy, although the way he fights make him look like an wild wolf.” Jackson responded at took a pause, “Why?”

“Just so. I was curious.”

“He lives near the mountain, if you want to meet him again.”

“What? No, no…” Bam Bam quickly denied, looking down and blushing

“Weren’t you loving me?” Jackson jokingly asked

“Shut up. I said I’ll get over.”

“It seems like you did.”

“What? No, it’s nothing like that!” Bam Bam punched Jackson’s arm

 

      Being left alone, Bam Bam thought of Jackson’s words. Did he really get over this fast?  Was that boy serious or just joking with him? He was confused, not knowing what to do. His heart was moved after those words with hidden meaning. Did the boy want to see him again? Or he only wanted to win against him again? ‘That Hyun Woo boy… he really knows how to confuse people…” Bam Bam thought as he walked to the road that was heading to the mountain. The Ash Mountains was a really nice place to leave, but you need to have a quite good reputation to live there, so as soon as Bam Bam heard where the boy was living, questions started to fill his head again. Walking slowly and thoughtful, Bam Bam managed to arrive at the boy’s neighborhood. The houses were really big and stylish decorated. There were not so many houses, but it could be seen that there were living only important people. Walking past the foothills and admiring the view, the cold air softly started to touch Bam Bam’s smooth skin.

 

“What are you doing here?” Bam Bam heard a voice while feeling a warm blanket on his shoulders

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter