should i hold on?

oneshots ; bts x red velvet ; it was you all along

starring - jungkook x yeri

mentions - taehyung, seulgi, wendy, nayeon


Jungkook can’t sit straight. He was sweating so badly. He doesn’t know how to face his girlfriend after this. After the article about him being in love with TWICE’s Nayeon went viral, he is positive that Yerim had read about it already.

 

“Kook ah, talk to her. You’re making her insecure with all these.”

 

Taehyung was right. He was definitely right.

 

I should talk to her.

 

-

 

Yerim had been staying under her thick blanket for almost a day. She doesn’t even feel like eating at all. Everything was bothering her. Everything was as if saying that the article actually true. He is in love with someone else.

 

Her insecurities are eating her. Of course he likes Nayeon eonnie. Why did he even like me in the first place? Or maybe, he never even likes me in the first place.

 

Nayeon unnie is much better than me. She is more talented, prettier, more charming, and she is such a girlfriend material.

 

Me? I’m just an annoying girlfriend who keeps bothering him, which he even grew tired of me.

 

She laughed bitterly. No, she never cried yet. She promised to herself that she would never cry for a guy who dumped her.

 

No, it is indeed absolutely stupid to cry over a guy who has no interest on her, right?

 

What makes it more realistic is, even though the article was published 5 hours ago, and it even became viral, Jungkook haven’t call, or even text her yet. It’s making it more obvious that she is slowly losing Jungkook from her grip. She could predict their ending from here.

 

Should I hold on? Or should I let it go?

 

Without she realized, there was stain of tears on her pillow as she fell asleep.

 

-

 

“Yah, Jeon Jungkook! Look at what you have done towards Yerim! She doesn’t even want to eat! You should talk to her earlier! She had been waiting for you all day! You little-”

 

“Kangseul ah!”

 

Jungkook was welcomed by Seulgi’s nagging as soon as he stepped in Red Velvet’s dorm. He sighed. Well, he deserved it anyway.

 

“M-Mianhae, noona.”

 

Seulgi just sighed before grabbing her bag and stormed into her room. Wendy, who is witnessing the whole scene, stepped towards Jungkook before patting his shoulder.

 

“Just ignore Seulgi. She’s just upset. She’ll be fine.” She paused. “Go, Yerim is inside. She’s sleeping, maybe? Oh, and I believe pudding wouldn’t work this time.”

 

Jungkook slightly chuckled at Wendy’s joke as he saw her figure disappearing into her room.  He took a deep breath before entering Yerim’s room.

 

-

 

“Whoaaa, SM is totally big.” Seokjin said in awe as soon as they stepped in the building. Jungkook nodded, agreeing his hyung’s statement. It was true.

 

“Let’s see the first practice room! Maybe Joonmyeon and Baek is there.”

 

Seokjin and Taehyung rushed towards the first practice room. Today, the three of them came towards SM to visit their idol friends. Seokjin is here for Suho, while Taehyung is here for Baekhyun. Jungkook simply tagged along, because there’s nobody at the dorm.

 

The door swings open, and there laid SM’s little maknae, Yerim, who was sleeping peacefully on the hard wooden floor, wrapped with a pink blanket, and beside her was stacks of chemistry’s reference book.

 

Seokjin and Taehyung witnessed everything in front of their eyes. The way Jungkook’s eyes soften, the way his legs wobble, the way his hand shakes, the way his cheeks redden. It was totally different than how Jungkook acts in front of the other girls. Usually, he would look away immediately. But this time, it’s different.

 

In Jungkook’s eyes, Yerim is different.

 

How ironic, the situation is the same as now.

 

As Jungkook enters her room, she was sleeping, and she was wrapped with a thick blanket. But this time around, rather than chemistry’s reference book, stain of tears are accompanying her instead.

 

He walked slowly, making sure that his footsteps wouldn’t make any sound that would disturb her beauty sleep. He then carefully sits on her bed, facing her. He lowers himself, and softly gives a peck on her forehead.

 

“I’m sorry.” He whispered. He knew that she is not listening, but he needs to express it before it’s too late, before he regrets.

 

“Every bit of the article is not true. I swear, I only have my eyes on you. I’m yours, Yerim ah.” He said as he gently her hair. “Please don’t think that you’re not enough for me. You’re everything that I ever need. You’re beautiful, in and out. You’re more than enough for me, Yerim ah.”

 

“I’m sorry for not reaching out to you earlier. I was scared.”

 

“I was scared of losing you.”

 

“Please, let me fix this, okay?”

 

He kissed her forehead one more time. He then stood up, before taking off his sweater. He threw it aside before flopping himself beside his girlfriend. He turns towards her, and wrapped his muscled arms around her petite waist. He snuggled closer towards her, spreading his warmth on her.

 

And little did he realized, Yerim actually hugged him back tightly, snuggling into the warmth that she missed.

 

-

 

Jungkook blinks his eyes as the ray of sunlight passes through the curtain. He looks to his side, and he sees that Yerim is not there anymore. He frowned, wondering where his love could be.

 

Once he opened the door, the smell of omelets being fried is all over the dorm. His lips stretched into a grin as he saw Yerim, who looks really cute in a pink apron, is cooking, while standing on a stool since she can’t reach the stove.

 

Pffttt, what a shortie. A cute one.

 

He tiptoed and surprisingly embraced her from the back. “Annyeong, Yerim ah.” He whispered before kissing her neck, in which surprisingly, she returned it with that lovely giggles of her.

 

“Yah, you’re smelly. And stop disturbing me or this omelet will burn.”

 

“Let it be.” Jungkook said before turning her around. He looked at her eyes, and he was thankful that it was still glowing as ever. He closed the gap between them.

 

“I’m sorry. I-”

 

“Hey, it’s okay. I’ve heard everything that you said last night. At least you came, though it’s quite late. I’m sorry for not trusting you; I was just scared if-”

 

“Hey, it’s not your fault, okay?”

 

She nodded and smiled. There, his bubbly girl is back. As they were about to crash their lips, Seulgi walked out the room, with that messy hair of hers, before yelling out loud.

 

“YAH! THE STOVE IS BURNING!”


[fin]

Halooooo there. This was inspired by the Nayeon article thingy- urgh. 2016 was definitely a hard year for btsvelvet shippers, but stay strong, okay? Btw, please don't misunderstand. I like Twice too! (mina's stan here ^^). Till the next time!