we made it

oneshots ; bts x red velvet ; it was you all along

starring - jimin x seulgi

minors - park inha (oc), kim sejeong (ioi)

mentions - kim soohwan (oc), kim chanwook (oc)


10s

 

“Yah, Park freaking Jimin! Change the channel back or I’m gonna kick you at places you don’t want to be kicked!”

 

Seulgi’s yelling was being heard all over the apartment. Mr and Mrs Kang weren’t present, due to work. And they both decided to leave the 18 years old Seulgi and called over the 17 years old Jimin, thinking that Seulgi wouldn’t be lonely alone, and everything’s gonna be fine. But- no, never. It’s not that they both aren’t big enough to leave alone; it’s just that they both aren’t mature enough when it comes to understanding each other.

 

20s

 

“You may now kiss each other.”

 

He was 28 and she was 29 when they decided to tie the knot.

 

-

 

He kissed her rougher and deeper, as she melts into the kiss. Her slender, pretty fingers started to work on his shirt, ing them off, revealing his chiseled chest and glorious abs.

 

He slowly broke the kiss, as he looked straight into her sparkling eyes. The only pair of eyes that could make him falls in love all and over again. “I love you. I love you goddamn much.”

 

Seulgi grinned at his cute little confession despite the heated atmosphere.

 

“I love you, too. I love you goddamn much, too.”

 

30

 

“Eomma, I’m home!”

 

She was 37 and he was 36 when their daughter, Park In Ha turned 7.

 

-

 

“Eomma, what are you cooking?”

 

“Me? I’m making samgyetang for my princess.”

 

“Whoah, samgyetang.” In Ha nodded in amusement as she looked at her mother in amusement. Just then, they both heard the sound of the door being opened, revealing the most beloved man in both of their lives.

 

Seulgi let the samgyetang boil, before rushing towards Jimin. She grabbed his suitcase and removed his necktie. “Are you okay?”

 

“Just tired.” He answered half-heartedly before leaving Seulgi hanging alone and went towards the bedroom before slamming the door. Seulgi sighed. He has all the rights to be mad. She immediately put his suitcase and necktie aside before reaching towards In Ha.

 

“In Ha yah, go inside your bedroom first, okay? Eomma needs to talk to appa for a while. And if you heard some shouts or anything, don’t be scared, okay?”

 

In Ha nodded and quickly pecked her mother’s cheeks before rushing towards her bedroom.

 

-

 

Jimin was changing into comfortable t shirts as she walked in. She stood by the door as she closed it. She knew that he isn’t interested to listen to her explanation at this time. He ignored her presence as he grabbed his phone and sits on the bed before pretending to be busy with it.

 

“Jimin ah ..”

 

She heard his heavy sigh.

 

“Jimin, look. I’m sorry for not telling you about it.”

 

 

“Jimin-”

 

“GODDAMN IT STOP TALKING!”

 

“Jimin.” She murmured as she hastily wiped the tears that are falling slowly at the corner of her eyes. “I’m sorry-”

 

“I thought we promised to tell each other everything!” He slammed his phone on the bed in anger and frustration.

 

“I know. I’m sorry.”

 

She sobbed harder. She felt so guilty for breaking all the trust that he gave to her.

 

It just happens when she accidentally met her ex-boyfriend last night while attending her high school reunion. Although she rejected, but he just insisted to have her current phone number, with an excuse by saying that they could hang out some other time. He was just so stubborn, so she gave in- hoping that he would stop bothering her.

 

And when Jimin checked her phone last morning, he was frustrated when he saw a message from her ex-boyfriend, asking her to hang out with him as in a friendly date.

 

She knew that Jimin felt really insecure, plus the fact that he is a year younger than Seulgi. He knew he wanted to be the perfect one for her.

 

She just stood at the corner of the room, crying. She looked down; since she felt guilty every single time she met his disappointed gaze.

 

She gasped when he slowly embraces her in his warm hold. She warily hugged him back, and ended up crying endlessly while burying her face against his chest.

 

“I-I’m s-sorry.” She sobbed as her tears flowed endlessly. “I-I wanted to t-tell you about h-him last night, but I-I was s-scared.”

 

He let out a heavy sigh before pressing his lips on her forehead. “Shh, it’s okay.” He uses his right hand and turned her face to him. “Oh God Seulgi, I’m so sorry for yelling at you. I was just so mad and-”

 

He stopped blabbering when he heard her beautiful giggle. He looked at her, and she was grinning. “You don’t need to be sorry, pabo yah!” She wiped her remaining tears before pinching his fluffy cheeks. “By the way you look cute when you were nagging just now.”

 

“Hey! Cute? What do you mean? I am supposed to be manly! I’m your husband- YAH!”

 

40s

 

She was 48 and he was 47 when it’s time to let In Ha to continue her studies in London.

 

-

 

“Don’t need to worry about me, okay? I’ll be home at least once a year. Oh- and don’t make new babies. I am your only daughter.”

 

Seulgi and Jimin laughed.

 

“Bye!”

 

In Ha looked at her parents for the last time, before disappearing into the boarding area.

 

50s

 

“Happy anniversary for us!”

 

She was 57 and he was 56 when they celebrated their 28th wedding anniversary together.

 

-

 

“Your cooking skills never die, Seulgi ah.”

 

“Well, Kang Seulgi is still Kang Seulgi, though she’s already 57 xD”

 

“You’re still a goddess though.”

 

“And you’re still a cutiepie.”

 

“I AM NOT CUTE. I AM MANLY.”

 

60

 

“Sejeong ah, stop running around!”

 

“Kim Soohwan, stop right there!”

 

She was 65 and he was 64 when In Ha visited their house with her husband, Kim Chanwook, and their children, Kim Sejeong and Kim Soohwan.

 

-

 

“Aigoo, Sejeong ah. Eat slowly.”

 

The obedient little Sejeong, immediately slowed down her eating pace, which earn grins from her grandparents, Kang Seulgi and Park Jimin.

 

“Sejeong is so pretty. How can a 5 years old kid be this pretty?”

 

“She followed her mother’s genes.” In Ha suddenly butted in, causing everyone to crack up.

 

This is what a happy family looks like.

 

70

 

“Harabeoji, harameonnie. I’ve made some sandwiches for your breakfast. I’ll get going to school first, okay?” Sejeong shouted through the house.

 

Sejeong was 16.

 

She was 76 and he was 75.

 

It has been two years since they’ve lost In Ha, Chanwook and Soohwan through a tragic car crash. Sejeong was the only one who survived, and she stayed with her grandparents.

 

-

 

“How’s school, Sejeong ah?”

 

“Great.” Sejeong flashed her eyesmile, which looks exactly like her late mother, before looking at her grandmother. “Harameonnie, how can your eyes still sparkle beautifully even though you’re already like- 76?”

 

Seulgi laughed. “Being 76 doesn’t stop me from being pretty.”

 

“You’re like- the prettiest grandmother ever.”

 

“That’s why your late mom is pretty.”

 

“And that’s why you are pretty too, Sejeong ah.”

80

 

“Wait, Sejeong ah. We’ll fetch you at the airport.”

 

“There’s no need, I’ll be home in 15 minutes, okay? Go and get some rest.” Sejeong said through the phone.

 

She was 87 and he was 86 when Sejeong graduated from her university abroad and receives a degree on her learning.

 

-

 

“Jimin ah, Sejeong is coming home in like- 5 minutes. Let’s wait for her at the front door.”

 

“I’m lazy.”

 

“You know it takes 5 minutes for us to reach the front door, right? Let’s go, ppalli!”

 

“Okay.”

 

He slowly stood up, and grabs his walking stick, before walking towards his wife, who is also walking using the help of her walking stick.

 

“Seulgi ah. Throw your sticks away.”

 

“Why? How would I walk then? You know we’re at our 80s right now like- duh.”

 

“Hold my hand instead. We could depend on each other, like we used to.”

 

Seulgi doesn’t know how he could still make her heart flutter. It has been more than 50 years since she had been with him every single day, yet he still have those charms that could make her flustered unknowingly.

 

As soon as they intertwined their fingers together, he brought her hand and softly kissed her knuckles.

 

“We made it, Seulgi ah.”


[fin]

Yay I did it, lmao. I had always wanted to make this kind of shots, and I think it would suit seulmin the most so- yeah. Anyways, I mentioned Sejeong because she’s one of my girl crush (she’s so pretty gahh), and In Ha is actually Park Shin Hye’s character in one of my favorite kdrama, Pinocchio.

Sorry for not updating after such a long time. Stay with me, okay? Finals are coming next week, and after that, I will update more often, just like how I used to. Thank you so much for reading~