jeon, the hero

oneshots ; bts x red velvet ; it was you all along

starring - jungkook x yeri

mentions - taehyung, irene

warnings - mentions of self harm and suicide.


Jungkook sipped his milk tea for the last time before throwing it carelessly into the nearest dustbin. He and Bangtan had just finished recording an episode of Star King here, at the SBS building. He then rushed towards the nearest comfort room to wash his hands (and take a look at the reflection of his handsome face at the mirror).

 

He was about to step in when he heard a hissing sound. He then decided to knock the door. “May I come in?” There’s no respond. Slowly and carefully, he twisted the doorknob and stepped in.

 

“Oh annyeonghasaeyo, Jungkook sunbaenim.”

 

He was surprisingly greeted by Red Velvet’s lovely maknae, Yeri. He slightly frowned, remembering the hissing sound that he heard earlier. Does that sound come from her?

 

Little did he noticed, Yeri was sweating all along. She looked panic. Well, she never expected someone to walk in the comfort room at that time, moreover someone like Jeon Jungkook.

 

Jungkook’s eyes turned towards the sink, and he could saw a little trace of blood. His eyes grew slightly bigger. While Yeri use this chance to quickly run away. But unfortunately, Jungkook’s reflex was much faster. He grabbed her wrist, making her to grunt in pain. “Ouch!”
 

He immediately let her go. He then blocked the door using his body before looking straight at Yeri. “Let me see your hand.”

 

“No, sunbaenim. It’s none of your business-"

 

“Let me see- or I will tell your eonnies.”

 

He can see her tearing up, but he needs to. He doesn’t know why he’s doing this, but he clearly wants to help her. By that time, he finally gets the idea of what’s happening to her hand. “Please, Yeri. I’m trying to help you here.”

 

A droplet of tears fell on her cheeks as she started to cry silently. She stood there, still, while sobbing. The sight of her crying totally breaks his heart. He then locked the door, before stepping closer towards her.

 

“Yeri …”

 

He slowly rolled up her sleeves, and his eyes bulged out. Yes, she cuts. Red lines are everywhere, and some even still have bloods on it. Even looking at it makes Jungkook feel painful.

 

“Shh, it’s okay. I know how you feel.” He said as he tries to calm her down. He knew she was depressed. The hate comment she was getting was way too much already. It must be really hard for her to go through all these. And the most ed up thing is, she is barely 19 years old.

 

“No, you don’t.” She sniffed. “Everyone loves you, sunbaenim. You’re not like me. You don’t know how I feel. Everyone hates me. Nobody likes me. I’m-” She sobbed harder. Jungkook carefully wrapped her around his embrace and sooth her softly. It feels weirdly right by having her in his arms. It is slightly awkward because it is actually the first time for them to even talk to each other. But right now, all he needs to do is to calm her down.

 

After around a minute, she finally took a deep breath and broke the hug before wiping her tears. She then slightly smiles before bowing at him. “I’m sorry for dragging you into my problem, sunbaenim. Ahh, this is embarrassing.”

 

He chuckled at her embarrassed face. “See? You look better when you smile.” Her cheeks slightly redden at his statement. “Uhh- I better get going first, sunbaenim. My eonnies must be looking for me already. Thank you again, sunbaenim.” She bowed again.

 

“Wait, Yeri!”

 

As she was about to leave, Jungkook gathered all his courage and called for her. She turned to him and looked at him with slight confusion.

 

“Uhh- let’s be friends!" He randomly blurted out. "Uhh- I mean, if you want to share any problems with me, then I would always be there to listen. I am a great listener!" He awkwardly stuck one of his hands out and offers a handshake.

 

Yeri slightly laughed at his awkwardness. It has actually been a while since she genuinely laughed like this. “Hello, my name is Yerim. I am glad to be friend with you, sunbaenim.” She said before gladly accepting his handshake.

 

“Drop the formalities, Yerim ah.”

 

Jungkook himself couldn’t believe how he could be this friendly when it comes to girls. He is usually so terrified of girls. And this is actually the first time for him to act this way towards a girl, moreover, a pretty one like her. This is the first time for him to make the first move.

 

“Okay, Jungkook shi. I'll go first, bye!” She then gave him one last glance before leaving.

 

“Yerim ah, I’ll contact you tonight!” He shouted through the door.

 

“You don’t have my number!”
 

“I have my ways!” He shouted back. When he hears no respond, he then sighed before rushing towards the sink to wash his hands. He looked at his refection on the mirror, and he noticed that he looks slightly brighter.

 

Why is that suicidal girl leaving him all giddy?

 

-

 

Jungkook rolled to the other side of his bed as he tried to sleep, but he failed miserably as a picture of Yeri smiling keeps appearing in his head. “Aish.” He ruffled his hair in frustration. He then decided to grab his laptop and do some research about Kim Yerim.

 

March 5 1999- how young, well at least I’m an oppa. Blood type O- no wonder she’s confident. Likes SNSD, Ariana Grande and Zion T- oh I like Zion T too. Likes pink- ooohhh, same as Seokjin hyung. Studies at Hanlim- awww why not SOPA? She can be my junior though. Zodiac sign, pisces- omg she’s pisces and I’m virgo, we’re so compatible hihihi.

 

Jungkook felt like a total fool giggling and grinning in front of his laptop, but he can’t help it. If he had to admit sincerely, he does have a little crush on her. Crazy, right? The almighty Jeon Jungkook who was ing terrified of girls, has a little crush on a cute, little girl named Kim Yerim, whom he just interacted with today.

 

He then remembered that he promised to contact her tonight. So, he hurriedly grabbed his phone and texted her. Where did he get her number? Well, from Taehyung. Taehyung is Wendy noona’s best friend, and also Irene noona’s boyfriend for like- 4 months already. So basically, Red Velvet is really close with Taehyung.

 

Hello there, still awake?

Oh, is this Jungkook shi?

You actually remembered me :')

Well, I remembered hearing your shouts, saying that you will contact me tonight.

And- I’m surprised that you actually have my number.

I believe you know Taehyung, right?

Ahhh- I see. Ahahaha xD

So … how are you?

I’m … fine? I guess.

Ahhh, great then.

Jungkook shi, can you please promise me something? Don’t ever tell anyone else about what happened, please?

Don’t worry, Yerim ah. Your secret is definitely safe with me. I’m your friend, remember?

Ahhh, thank you then, Jungkook oppa.

 

His eyes bulged out when Yeri called him oppa. So this is what you feel like having an oppa-dongsaeng relationship? Kyaa, I feel like changing my idea type.

 

Oh, sorry, Jungkook shi. I accidentally called you oppa. We just interacted with each other today and yet I’m calling you oppa already ><

No, it’s okay Yerim ah. Keep calling me that, it feels friendlier.

What?

T-That …

I won’t if you don’t tell me.

Okay okay, call me oppa. Get it, little friend?

Yes, chingu yah- kekeke.

You reminded me of Irene noona’s imitation of doraemon xD

You knew about it?

Taehyung replayed the video for like- million times already. Like- urgh ><

Lol, Joohyun eonnie is really affecting that weird oppa.

Oh, oppa, can I ask you something?

 

Jungkook again smiled when she casually called him oppa. I better get used to this. Somewhere in the future, she might even call me jagiya ~

 

Wait- WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU THINKING?! STAY IN YOUR LANE, JEON. YOU’RE JUST 21.

 

Sure, what?

Well- you’re really well-known for being so terrified of girls. How can you be so nice with me :/

Actually I am totally surprised with the way you treat me.

That was just unexpected.

I mean like- they’re way prettier and cuter idols out there who are interested with you, yet you choose to befriend with me.

So- why?

 

That makes him went speechless.

 

Oh.

Uhh well- I just- uhh.

I don’t know.

I kinda have a feeling that we’re somehow connected with each other?

Well- truthfully, I don’t know.

I am terrified of girls, but for some reason- I’m not terrified of you.

You’re different- maybe?

Wait- you are different.

Oh.

That was- unexpected.

I’m honored, I guess? Ahahaha xD

JUNGKOOK SUNBAENIM IS TALKING TO ME

I am honored, really.

xD

Wait.

Joohyun eonnie scolded me for staying awake at these hours.

So, I guess it’s time for me to go to bed, bye Jungkook oppa.

Have a nice sleep ^^

Annyeong, Yerim ah. Sleep tight ;)

 

Yup, that suicidal girl is indeed giving him the ‘butterfly feelings’ inside.


[fin]

it has been a while since i last updated about jungri. i have a lot of jungri shots in my draft (till the point that i might even spam you guys with jungri shots). so how's 2k17 going? blackvelvet saved 2k17 for me- ahaha. so yeah- see you in the next shot!