like a butterfly

oneshots ; bts x red velvet ; it was you all along

starring - jungkook x yeri

cameos - suga, taeyeon (a slight mention of baekyeon), kang hodong, jin


2024

 

“Yeorobun ~ Welcome to Strong Heart!” Kang Ho Dong, the MC of Strong Heart, started the program. Strong Heart is a variety show where idols can open up and speaks about their personal life. “They’re many hot idols as our guest for today. First, we have Suga of Bangtan Sonyeondan. Since BTS is currently the hottest boy group out there, you must be very busy, huh?”

 

“Annyeonghasayo, Suga imnida. Hehehe, I am not that busy. I can still manage it well. Though it's a little tiring but nah, I'm perfectly fine.”

 

“Waaa, you've worked hard, Suga shi. Next, we have Taeyeon of Girls’ Generation. Kyaaa ~ It has been a while since we’ve seen Girls’ Generation on stage. What are your current activities, Taeyeon?”

 

“ Annyeonghasayo, Taeyeon imnida. The rest of SNSD members are busy with their own family. Me? I’m with my family, too! Hehehe.” Taeyeon chuckles cutely. The rest of the audience laughed and starts to shout Baekhyun’s name loudly. Baekhyun and Taeyeon had officially married 2 years ago. After all the hardships, breakup, hates, bashings, nobody expected them to be together permanently in the end of the day. Guess they’re really meant to be.

 

“Kyaaa there you go, Mrs Byun. Lastly, we have Yeri of Red Velvet. Yeri had grown beautifully. Oh yeah, tomorrow is Red Velvet’s third domestic concert right? ”

 

“Nae annyeonghasayo, Yeri imnida. Aigoo, kamsahamida. And yes, tomorrow is Red Velvet’s third domestic concert, so please look forward for it.”

 

“That maknae brat is so lucky.” Suga suddenly speaks up, making everyone laugh by his joke. Yeri just smile shyly.

 

“So, let’s start with Yeri first. There’s a statement that you said 6 years ago, saying that you like guys who can sing well. No doubt it’s true since your boyfriend is a main vocalist himself.” Kang Ho Dong paused to look at Yeri’s reaction, and he giggles when he saw Yeri’s cheek started to heat up. “And you also hope that guy will sing a song when he wants to propose to you. Kyaaa, I wonder what song Jungkook will sing.”

 

Kang Ho Dong’s statement made everyone to crack up. Yeri blushed harder, yet she felt so grateful since fans respected her personal life. Yes, it is true. Yeri and Jungkook are confirmed to be dating by their agencies nearly 3 years ago. They had a very stable relationship for the past 3 years. The news is very shocking. Some of the immature fans started to bash Yeri and call her by names. But Jungkook speaks out and tell the fans not to bash her, but bash him instead. Since that, everyone seems to accept the fact that they’re dating, and later on realized how cute they are together.

 

“Nae. It’s true that I’ve stated it before. And I am still waiting for the moment to come true.” Yeri giggled. “I am really curious about this. I believe all the fans are curious too. How did you both realized that you guys had feelings for each other?” Kang Ho Dong’s statement made everyone to whistle. Even Taeyeon and Suga looked at Yeri and waited for an answer.

 

“Hehehe. Oppa and I are originally friends. We’re not that close. We’re just normal friends who said hi and bye, and maybe chatted a little sometimes. I think that’s the limit of our interaction. But then, we grew closer when Red Velvet and BTS sunbaenim had a collaboration stage at MAMA Awards 2020. He became my partner for the dance collaboration. He is very delicate, charming, and he takes care of me so well. He taught me cool stuffs, and he is good at making jokes too. At first, I thought I was only viewing him as an elder brother. But then, as the time fly, I’ve realized that I feel very empty when he’s not with me. I wanted to throw the feelings at first, since I’m scared he didn’t like me back. But one winter night, I remember this night exactly. 18th of December 2020, he confessed to me in front of a mini christmas tree at Han River. I remembered crying so hard because I never thought he would feel the same. I felt so grateful when he protected me from the bashings, when our dating news came out around the 2021’s July. I really love him, and I hope fans would respect my personal life.”

 

A droplet of tears fell on her cheeks as soon as she ended her story. Even Taeyeon was tearing up when she heard her story. “It was beautiful.” Taeyeon muttered softly. She stood up, went towards Yeri’s side and comforted her. She felt the exact same thing when she was with Baekhyun. “It’s okay, Yeri. Unnie understands you. Look where I am now.” Yeri smiled at Taeyeon’s advice and she thanked her. Taeyeon patted Yeri’s head one more time before going back to her seat.

 

“Your story is beautiful. I hope you will have a happy ending.”

 

-

 

Today is Red Velvet’s third domestic concert, held in Seoul. The stadium had been filled with fans. Red Velvet had a great journey for the past 10 years. Even though Yeri joined the team a little late, she is pleased when netizens said that she fits well in the group. The members prepared one last time before starting the long awaited concert.

 

The concert went very well. The last segment was members’ solo stages. And Yeri was the last person to perform. “Annyeong ..” She waved cutely towards the fan with a pink guitar on her hand. She sits down on the white chair provided at the stage. “Uhmm .. Today, I’m gonna sing a song for you guys. But all of you know my voice is not as great as Wendy and Seulgi unnie, right? Hehehe, sorry. But I want to let all of you know that this song is so near to me. I really love this song since it reminds me of someone special.” She giggles one last time before strumming the guitar.

 

He’s probably busy on Monday

Tuesday seems too soon, don’t you think?

Wednesday feels kind of awkward

I don’t like Thursday for some reason

 

“Should I call him like right now?”

“No I shouldn’t. He’s probably busy practicing for his BTS’ comeback next month.”

“Am I looking so pathetic right now?”

“Urgh! I miss him so much, damn.”

“Kyaaa I hope the time will fly faster.”

 

This Friday

How is this Friday?

 

“He might be free on Friday, is he?”

“Hmm, I better call him on Friday then.”

 

It’s too hard to wait till the weekend

Time, please go faster, I want to rush the clock

 

“WHY DID I HAVE TO WAIT SO LONG FOR A FREAKING FRIDAY?!”

“I guess I’m really in love with him.” *sighed*

 

Each minute, each second is so sweet

What is this man?

I can’t help but to fall in love

All day, my heart rides on that clock hand

Getting closer to you with each tick

- IU’s Friday -

 

“Why am I like this?”

“Oh my god, why is he so sweet?”

“Why is this happening to me?”

“I never felt something like this before.”

“He knows just the right way to make my heart flutter.”

 

She ends the song with a bright smile. Little did she know, a little surprise is waiting.

 

-

 

Jungkook hated himself for being nervous. He is now at the backstage of Red Velvet’s stage. Even the other Red Velvet members are laughing at his uneasiness. He keeps on sweating and his heartbeat is not following the stable rhythm. He is now wearing a white long sleeve shirt with a black tie, since Yeri will praise him every time he wears that. He wiped his sweat and keeps on pacing back and forth, but he’s still nervous.

 

“Yah! Are you alright?” Jin asked him. He can’t help but to laugh over his dongsaeng’s cuteness. “Hyung, I’m nervous to death.” His answer makes Jin to laugh harder. “Aww relax.” He giggled before patting Jungkook’s back, telling him to calm down. “No I can-”

 

His words were stuck in his throat the moment he heard Yeri strumming her guitar. Oh , her performance is starting. He stepped a little forward, until he can see her little figure playing the guitar while singing. But he is careful not to let Yeri to see him. He can’t help but to smile when he sees her on stage. She looks like a little child.

 

 I hope God will give me the chance to protect her, forever.

 

-

 

Yeri was about to go off the stage, but the stage turns really dark. She can’t see anything. Yeri’s eyes bulged out, she suddenly feels scared. She took a deep breath to calm herself down. All of sudden, she heard a guitar sound.

 

Don’t think of anything

Don’t say anything, not even a word

Ayo uh just give me a smile yeah

 

Yeri couldn’t exactly see who on earth is the guy singing right in front of her. But she certainly recognizes that voice. The voice that she knows too well. A droplet of tears fell on her cheeks. She cried harder when the spotlight shines on the guy, revealing who the guy is.

 

I still can’t believe it

All of this seems like a dream

Ayo uh don’t try do disappear yeah

 

Yeri wiped her tears and looked straight into the guys’ eyes. He was singing with so much sincerity while looking deeply into her eyes. Without any doubt, Yeri could feel the overflowing admiration he held for her through his eyes.

 

Is it true?

Is it true?

You, you

You’re so beautiful that I’m scared

 

Untrue, untrue

You, you, you

 

All the sweet memories came back. From the first time they speak to each other, to the first time they held hands, the first time they confessed, the first time they said I love you, the first time they hugged, the first time they kissed. She can’t help but to smile.

 

Will you stay by my side?

Will you promise me?

If I let go of your hand

You’ll fly away and break

I’m scared, scared, scared

 

That moment, she already knows that they have a future together.

 

Will you stop time?

If this moment passes

Although it hadn’t happened

I’m scared, scared, scared

I’ll lose you

 

You’ll never lose me, cause I don’t wanna lose you too.

 

Butterfly

Like a Butterfly

You’re butterfly

Oh butterfly whoah

- BTS’ Butterfly -

 

Jungkook put the guitar by his side. He stood up, and walks slowly towards her. Even if the spotlight is shining on them, and thousands of people are watching them, but he can only see her. She’s glowing, despite the darkness surrounding them. He held both of her hand gently, and slowly kneels on one leg. All the audience are squealing and screaming with his action. Even Yeri herself is eyeing him in surprise.

 

“Kim Yerim.” He calls her, soft and sweet.

 

“I know I don’t deserve you, at all. What have I done to deserve such a fragile and precious angel, right? I know I am so much lacking. I was so much different back then, not until I know you. You changed me to be a better person. When our dating news came out, I felt so guilty because you’re in pain by your own. You’re being attacked by so many direction, so many things dragged you down, but you choose to stay with me. You never once said that it was my fault. You don’t know how many times I tried to not be selfish and to set you free, but I’m selfish. I still want you. Giving you up was more difficult than throwing the world’s supply of jewels and money into molten lava.” He stopped for a moment and held the diamond ring in his left hand as tight as he could.

 

“I realized that I love you so, so much. You have to know that you’ve done so much for me. You made me smile when no one else could.” He slowly takes out the ring and held her right hand. “I want to be with you and continue our beautiful journey together. I wanna grow old with you, I wanna be there for you, I wanna protect you. Kim Yerim, will you marry me?”

 

That is all Yeri could take. A broken sob broke her stronghold. She felt so precious and appreciated at the moment. Yeri’s hands were covering tightly as tears streamed down her cheeks and wettened her hands. Time stopped around them as their eyes stared into each other deeply. She looked straight into his eyes, the only pair of eyes that could make her fall in love all over again, and nodded softly.

 

“Yes, Jeon Jungkook. I will marry you.”


[fin] 

*takes a deep breath to prevent myself from squealing* KYAAAAAAAAAA. Okay, sorry kekeke. These two maknaes are cutiepies I swear! Hehehe, sorry if the plot is too typical and lame. See you guys in the next one shot.

And yes I've included BaekYeon in this one. I just ship them oh gosh!

Oh yeah, I use Butterfly by BTS and Friday by IU since these two songs are so beautiful, (and my favorite songs too) Hehehe thank you for reading ^^