even your lies

oneshots ; bts x red velvet ; it was you all along

starring - jimin x seulgi

warning - cringe-worthy angst awaits y'all


“Your dad is the one at fault. Your dad is the one at fault. Your dad is the one at fault.”

 

Jimin quickly wipes her tears as she chants painfully in her sleep. It wasn’t a nice dream. He stares at her, as her tears continue to roll down her smooth skin.

 

“I’m sorry, Seulgi ah.”

 

She sobbed harder as he speaks, as if she could hear him.

 

“In anything, if things are too hard, and you need to let go of something, it must not be me- okay?” He her hair gently.

 

“Promise me.”

 

-

 

She was awake by the sound of his strong and steady heartbeat. When will I listen to this again?

 

She doesn’t seem to have an answer for her own question.

 

As she opens her eyes, there he was. He was there- he was always there.

 

“I’m sorry, Jimin ah.” She whispered- as she trails her fingertips onto his stunning facial features slowly. “I love you. I love you so much.”

 

As much as she wanted to blame him for everything, he wasn’t at fault. He wasn’t at fault- at all.

 

“Things are hard, too hard.” She doesn’t bother wiping her own tears as she continues to stare at him as much as she wants. Probably for the last time.

 

“I wanted to hold onto you-” She softly cupped his cheeks, as she leans in much closer towards him. She kissed his unmoving lips, soft and sweet. She then released him, as she smiles.

 

“-But I have to break my promise.”

 

-

 

“Please pick up your phone, please.”

 

His worst nightmare is turning into a reality. He dialed her number again and again- yet she just won’t pick up- and he’s damn frustrated already.

 

“Lee ahjusshi, please drive me over her place.”

 

His driver looked down. “Mr Park said that you cannot see her-”

 

“- that old man.” Jimin snatched the key from his driver’s hand without any warning- before dashing towards the car.

 

“Tell him that if anything happens to Seulgi- I am not his son anymore.”

 

-

 

Seulgi locked herself in her room, trembling. She knows that Jimin’s father would be coming for her soon- and she’s scared, really scared.

 

She looked around- finding for something that could be a self-defense tool, and she is lucky that there is a pair of scissors on her dressing table.

 

And she was just in time as the door opens.

 

Jimin ..

 

No- Seulgi, no. He is here as a bait to kill you.

 

“Seulgi ah ..”

 

Seulgi shut her eyes tight- as she pointed the scissors towards Jimin. “Don’t you dare to come close.” She muttered- tightening her grip onto the scissors.

 

“Seulgi, I-”

 

“-you knew about it already, right? Yes- my dad is the one who kills your sister! But it is because your ing dad who killed my mom first!” She cried out loud- as Jimin stopped moving. He wanted to hear more from her.

 

“Why? My father just wanted to reveal the truth- that your father was actually running a -trafficking business! He wanted to report your father to the police- but my mother was killed as a result!”

 

“And-” She choked in her breath. “-my father also found out that my name was in the list of those s your father wanted as es for his business.”

 

“My father just wanted to protect me. He didn’t do anything wrong!”

 

“And I-” She looked straight into his eyes. “-fell in love with you- the legal son of your ing dad- out of all people.”

 

He continues to move forward towards her. “I said do not come close!”

 

She was frustrated. All she has to do was to stab that scissors right at his chest- but she can’t. She can’t.

 

Because it was him.

 

It was him.

 

“Seulgi ah, listen to me.” He speaks with a calm voice- yet a droplet of tears rolled down his cheeks as he gazes the woman in front of her.

 

The woman he loves so much- with all his heart.

 

“What happened to us?” He started out- his breathing starts to get heavier as he sobs harder. “I never blamed you, Seulgi. I never.”

 

He grabbed the scissors on her hand- much to her surprise. He held her hand tight- as the scissors pointed straight towards his chest. “If this is how our ending is, then kill me.

 

“Kill me, Seulgi. I’d rather die than not having you beside me-”

 

“-you know I can’t kill you, Jimin.” She choked in her tears. “I love you so much.”

 

“I love you too, Seulgi.” He guided the scissors towards his left wrist- where a black bracelet is located. It is not just any bracelet- it is her first present for him.

 

Jimin woke up- and she was not there beside him. “Seulgi?”

 

He sighed in relief when he saw her petite figure- cooking at the kitchen. “Oh- you are awake? Did you sleep well-” She was taken by surprise when he pulled her in for a hug.

 

“-I thought I lost you.”

 

She giggled before cupping his cheeks. “You will never lose me.”

 

He was about to lean in for a kiss when she interrupted. “Have you seen my present?”

 

“I was just about to have it!” He grunted- making her to laugh.

 

“Look at your left wrist.” He smiled. “My first present?”

 

“Yeah- your first present.” She shyly smiles- making him to giggle at her cuteness.

 

“Let me have my real present now.” He said before kissing her.

 

“I love you so much-” He smiled through his tears- as guilt starts to build in her. “-that I would believe anything you say, even your lies.”

 

He cut the bracelet off using that scissors, as the beads on the bracelet fell and scattered around- making her to gasp. She lost her grip on the scissors- as she looked at him with wide eyes.

 

“That is my last piece of memories with you.” He smiles. “And I believe that I would manage to forget you- that now it’s gone.” He stepped backwards- as she sobbed harder. Don’t leave, her heart screams.

 

“If you feel save by not having me beside you-”

 

“-then I will leave.” He twisted the doorknob.

 

He had always been there for her. Trusting her, protecting her, and gave her lots of love.

 

He is right. What happened to them?

 

“No.” She muttered. “Don’t leave, please.” She muttered softly- but it looks like he had made up his mind as he steps out.

 

“I love you.”

 

“I love you, too.” She replied- but it was too late. He was gone.

 

He was gone.

 

-

 

[fin]

what a nice way to greet y'all. happy new year!

first, this is inspired from 'love in the moonlight'. i am so into kdramas lately, and ji chang wook is my current bae. (well he is competing with song joongki right now- honestly im confused ahaks). check it out- park bogum is bae y'all. and kim yoojung is a one lucky girl.

second, i know- btsvelvet 2k16 is saved by all three gayo daejuns. my favorite is definitely sbs', where we (almost) had a seulgi x jimin collab! (and i need to mention this- CHITTAPHON X LALISA HAPPENED Y'ALL BURN) (i ship nct x blackpink as much as i ship bts x red velvet hehe)

third, once again, happy new year! let's pray that 2k17 would not bring us down like how 2k16 did!

xoxo, taeyong's wifeu.

yes, you heard me. im ing in love with taeyong (and i ship him with jennie and jisoo and most importantly ME) this is the third time for me to like a male idol like this- first was baekhyun and second was taehyung and now lee freaking taeyong goddamn it.