i'll smile even if it hurts

oneshots ; bts x red velvet ; it was you all along

starring- jungkook x yeri

minors - v x irene, rv, bts

cameos - minho, rv's manager, shinee's manager


“Firstly, our lovely maknae, Yeri shi- she couldn’t make it today because she had another schedule. So I would like to extend the honor of this award to her as well. Second, thank you so much for supporting us. It is an honor for us to receive this award. Please anticipate more music from us next year. Thank you.”

 

-

 

All four original members of Red Velvet went to their seats back. They are now at 2020’s MAMA held in Seoul. Currently, they’re waiting for the whole event to end before they can get back to their dorm.

 

Irene felt uneasy throughout the event. Her heartbeat was beating faster than usual. She looked around, there’s BTS, EXO, Twice, JYP and Ailee at the idols’ area. While other idols such as SHINee, PSY, 2NE1, Infinite and more is waiting patiently at the backstage.

 

Everything seems fine, but her mind keeps telling not. She surprisingly reached for Seulgi’s hand and squeezed it tight.

 

“Eonnie, are you okay? You look pale.” Seulgi asked with a concerned voice. Irene nodded, but Seulgi noticed that she’s sweating, even if the stadium is fully air conditioned since it’s an indoor stadium. “Something’s definitely wrong.” Irene mumbled.

 

Suddenly, her vision went completely dark. And there’s an image of a very familiar person smiling right in front her.

 

Yerim.

 

-

 

“Kyaaa, Yerim ah. How’s your photoshoot?” Red Velvet’s manager immediately asked her once she gets on the car. Yeri smiled at him and nodded. “It’s great. All the stylists and photographers are so nice to me.” She paused.

 

“Hmm, oppa. Did we win the award?” She asked. It’s a sad thing that she cannot be there, but Yeri was glad that she is offered for an individual photoshoot with ‘High Cut’ magazine.

 

“I don’t know. Wait, let me call and ask them.”

 

“No. Call other people than the eonnie. I wanna surprise them. Call Choi Minho oppa instead.”

 

The manager dialed Minho’s number, after a few rings, Minho fortunately picked up the call. He puts the call on loud speaker so Yeri could listen to their conversation as well.

 

“Hello?”

“Hello. Minho yah. This is me, Red Velvet’s manager.”

“Oh hyung, annyeonghasaeyo. Why are you calling me out of sudden?”

“Yeri asked me to call you. She’s asking whether they win the award or not?”

“Oh Yeri. Hmm, wait. I think they won-”

“AHHH”

 

Tuut tuut tuut.

 

-

 

Minho frowned when Red Velvet’s manager ended the call all of sudden. He can’t help but to feel uneasy when he heard Yeri’s loud yell at the end.

 

“Yah, Choi Minho. Are you okay?” SHINee’s manager approached him. “Hyung, I feel like there’s something not right is happening to Yeri and Red velvet’s manager.” Minho blurts out, and SHINee’s manager looked at him confusedly.

 

“What do you mean?” He asked. “Hyung, would you please check their condition?” SHINee’s manager felt weird at his sudden request, but eventually agrees to it.

 

Why do I feel so uneasy about this?

 

-

 

Yeri opened her eyes little by little. She could hear noises and crowds. She tilted her head to the side, and she could see her manager laid weakly on the road, full with bloods. She looked at herself, and she could see that bloods are all over her, too.

 

She smiled weakly. She looked at the sky, and she swore she could feel that her time has come. Her breathings became slower, as if it wants to stop. She closed her eyes slowly, but she managed to speak a sentence, loud enough for her very ownself to hear.

 

“I regret nothing.”

 

-

 

Minho ran as fast as he could towards the idols’ area. He doesn’t even bother to look where he is going. I need to tell Red Velvet as fast as I could. That is the only sentence that’s controlling his mind at that time. Once he reached there, even the other idols looked confused because he’s panting.

 

“Y-Yeri and your manager were involved in a car crash. The doctor said that they only have around 20% chance to survive.”

 

-

 

Irene just felt like her world has collapsed. She can’t think properly. Her knees felt weak, she is very sure that she don’t even have the energy to walk at that time. Her breathings became heavy, and a droplet of tears escaped from her eyes.

 

“Eonnie, let’s go.” She can hear Wendy’s voice calling her. But she can’t even stand up. She felt so lost and so … broken. But then she could feel herself floating in the air.

 

“Noona, let me help you.” Taehyung lifted her up and carried her out from that stadium. Even the fans are wondering why all of the idols suddenly leaving the place. Irene sobbed and sniffed at the crook of Taehyung’s neck. “Shh .. Just cry on me, noona.”

 

-

 

JUNGKOOK’S POV

 

I immediately followed the rest of the idols to leave the stadium. I need to see Yeri as soon as possible. I can see Taehyung carrying Irene noona. Irene noona looked so pale, and I know that they’re dating so I’m not surprised.

 

“Maknae, be strong okay? Your girlfriend is a fighter, I’m sure she’ll fight for herself, for her members, and for you.” Yoongi hyung patted my back, and I sighed again. To be honest, I don’t know how to react with this news. I’m totally … shocked. And finally, I could feel a droplet of tears rolled down my cheeks.

 

She is my everything. And I’m not gonna lose her like this.

 

-

 

THIRD PERSON’S POV

 

BTS, Red Velvet, EXO, SHINee and much more idols are waiting patiently for the doctor to update about Yeri’s condition. A while ago, the doctor updated about Red Velvet’s manager’s condition. He lost his left leg, but luckily he managed to survive, and now he’s completely awake.  

 

Click-

 

All eyes were on the doctor when he twisted the knob. “Doctor, how’s Yeri?” Jungkook immediately asked as soon as his eyes landed on the doctor.

 

“She's fine, she lost a lot of blood and her head was damaged so we can't say that she's fully safe. From what I see all the broken bone, fractures and wounds, it'll take a lot of time for her to recover. I'm sorry but she's in coma.” The doctor said before excusing himself.

 

Seulgi, Joy and Wendy cried harder. Irene fainted. Everyone widen their eyes in shocked. Jungkook, on the other hand, fell on his knees.

 

She can leave anytime. No. I can’t lose her. I haven’t proposed to her, I haven’t told the whole world that I owned her. I haven’t done many things for her.

 

I can’t lose her like this.

 

-

 

Two years had passed and Yeri is still in her coma. But the doctor said that she is recovering slowly and even said that it’s a miracle for a young girl to survive in such state. He even told them that she is currently fighting very hard.

 

Red Velvet is now on hiatus, and so does Jungkook. BTS is continuing their career as 6, for now. But Jungkook had promised that he would come back as a better and stronger person. He is now attending Korea’s University and he never forgets to visit Yeri once a day. Joy is currently attending university as well as Seulgi and Wendy.

 

Taehyung and Irene’s relationship had gone public. As always, some bitter haters would spread hate, especially on Irene. But Taehyung protected her, as he promised.

 

The news of Yeri getting involved in the accident caused shocks among the kpop fans since it is much unexpected. But it’s a pleasant to see the kpop fans unite with each other, even if they’re from different fandoms, and prayed for Yeri’s recovery.

 

“Yerim, annyeong ~” Jungkook came into her ward and kissed her forehead. He took a seat beside her bed and held her left hand tightly. It is his daily routine to come and visit Yeri as soon as he finished attending his classes. He would talk to her like usual since the doctor said that Yeri could listen to them.

 

“How are you? I hope you’re fine. You’re fighting, right? I want you to know that me, as cheerleader Jungkookie kekeke, I’ll always be here beside you. It’s been two years since I’ve ever seen you with your lovely eyes. Don’t you miss me? Tsk .. I guess you don’t. But I miss you so much, Kim Yerim. As soon as you open your eyes, I’m gonna hug you very tight and I’m gonna announce to the whole world that you’re mine. I regretted not doing it earlier *sniffed* but I hope you’d give me a chance. Come back to me, okay? I’m gonna wait for you, even if it takes forever.”

 

Jungkook wiped his tears. He laughed by himself, knowing that he might looked silly. At that time, he eventually realized how he had falls deeply in love with Yeri, and he regrets nothing. He held her hand tighter and falls into a deep sleep. “I love you, Kim Yerim.”

 

Little did he know, a tiny lovely smile was formed on her lips as soon as he said ‘I love you.’

 

-

 

At the same time-

 

“This is gonna be the first time after two years not performing on stage.” Joy awkwardly smiled. The four remaining members of Red Velvet are invited to perform at the 2022’s Seoul Music Awards.

 

At first, they wanted to reject the offer since Yeri is still not awake. But after knowing the song that they are requested to sing, they eventually accepted it since the song is indirectly dedicated to Yeri.

 

“Girls, let’s do our best. Let’s sing for our maknae. I’m sure she’ll hear this, and she will feel happy knowing that we’re on stage again.” Seulgi smiled and they cheered for the last time. They went on the stage, and the stage turns dark. And as they sing, they swore they could hear Yeri’s cheerful voice lingering around them.

 

I still can’t believe it

It feels like I could still see you

I tell myself that it’s a lie

The fact that you left my side

 

“Eonnie, are you okay?”

“Come on, let’s play!”

“Mianhae eonnie, I’m just 17 kekeke.”

 

Your face that’s smiling in the photo

The past days that seemed would last forever

But one day

You suddenly left me

 

“Stop eating chips, eonnie.”

“This movie is so sad.”

“Eonnie, if anything happens to me, I want you to know that I love you so much okay?”

 

But I won’t cry

So you won’t feel bad

I’ll try living without you now

No matter how much it hurts

Even if tears keep flowing

I wanna think of you and smile

 

“Let’s create beautiful memories together.”

“I don’t regret joining Red Velvet at all.”

“Yes, I know I got hates. But I know my eonnies love me, so I’m fine.”

 

When my heart was aching and hurting

Many good people comforted me

I pray that you’re happy wherever you are

I’ll smile even if it hurts

- I’ll Smile Even If It Hurts, Ladies’ Code -

 

“Be strong. I’m sure she would come back.”

“She’s fighting, so have faith on her.”

“Believe me, it’s worth waiting for her.”

 

They ended the song beautifully. The audiences clapped and cheered, giving their full supports on them. Even most of the audiences and idols cried while listening to them.

 

They went off the stage with a weak smile. Just then, they saw a PD approaching them in a rushing state. “What’s wrong, PD nim?” Joy asked in confusion.

 

“Jungkook called, and he said that Yeri is awake.”

 

-

 

Yeri opened her eyes, and all she could see is white. She felt as if she was lost in a huge different planet. Just then, she saw a little girl wearing cute white dress approaching her with small steps.

 

“Annyeonghasaeyo, Yerim eonnie. My name is Daisy.” The little girl introduced herself. Yeri smiled and kneeled so that she could be the same level as her.

 

She ruffled Daisy’s long black hair. “Annyeong, Daisy ah.”

 

“Eonnie, I think it’s time for you to go back.” Daisy said with her cute little voice. Yeri frowned at her statement.

 

“Go back … Where?” She asked in confusion.

 

“Go back to where you belong. You don’t belong here, eonnie. Everyone is waiting for you, there. Jungkook oppa, Joohyun eonnie, Sooyoung eonnie, Seungwan eonnie, Seulgi eonnie, your fans. They are all patiently waiting for you. They never lose faith on you since they know you’re fighting so hard to survive. They never leave your side. So, I think it’s time for you to be back in their arms.”

 

Yeri burst into tears when she heard those names. She missed them so much. It has been two years.

 

Two ing years.

 

She knew they were always there. She heard their voices every day. She felt her heart ached everytime they held her hands gently.

 

She wiped her tears, only to realize that her tears turned into white, pure crystals.

 

“Take this and go back. I’m wishing you a true happiness. You deserve it, eonnie. Be happy, okay?” Daisy handed her a white daffodils, before slowly disappearing. And Yeri’s vision immediately went black.

 

-

 

Yeri opened her eyes slowly again. This time, it was different. She could clearly see white ceiling, with a mini chandelier hanging onto it.

 

She turned to her left, and she smiled when she saw the love of her life, sleeping peacefully while holding her left hand very tight. She felt grateful because Jungkook stayed faithful on her.

 

She knew at this state, Jungkook might even find other girls with his good looks, but she couldn’t be more than happy when he stayed by her side for two years long.

 

She moved her right hand and eventually the TV by accidentally pressing the on button on the remote control. She cried harder when she saw her beloved members, singing on stage.

 

And they were singing such a beautiful song; it was as if they were singing for her. She could feel how much they missed her, and she can’t wait to be back in their arms.

 

Probably Jungkook was disturbed by the sound. He slowly opened his eyes, and he felt so shocked when he saw Yeri smiled at him with her lovely eyes wide open.

 

He shook his head and even slapped himself, since it might be a dream. But when he heard Yeri’s beautiful laugh, which he couldn’t hear it for years, he eventually flashed his most heartwarming smile. His eyes told her everything. Thank you for coming back. I miss you so much. I don’t even regret falling in love with you.

 

“Yeri-” He was lost for words. Yeri held his hands, brought it to her lips and softly kissed his knuckles. She laughed when she saw Jungkook’s shocked face.

 

“Annyeong Jungkook oppa. I’m awake .. and I’m back. Thank you for not losing faith on me. You should know how hard I fought to survive. Thank you for staying. I love you.”


[fin]

So how was it? Thank you taeternity for voting up this story, ily. I'm still working on the individual stories, so please stay tune.

 

This chapter is inspired by Ladies’ Code’s car crash tragedy. I was stalking AOA’s Chanmi’s instagram and I found a photo of late EunB. Then I found their latest song and popped … this song is damn beautiful and I am truly inspired. But this time, it’s a happy ending instead and as I said, this is just a fanfic so please don’t think negative. I don’t want things like this to happen in real life. Thank you so much for your comments, upvotes and subscribes. See you in the next chapter, babes!