when it rains

oneshots ; bts x red velvet ; it was you all along

starring - jimin x seulgi

cameos - park ye jun (oc), red velvet, bts


“Eomma ~” Ye Jun whined as he tried his best to follow his mother’s steps, but he tragically failed, and fell on his . “Aigoo Park Ye Jun, come let eomma help you, arasseo?” Seulgi giggled at her son’s cuteness before helping him to stand up.

 

“Here, hold my hand.” Seulgi reached for Ye Jun’s tiny hand before holding it tightly. “Eomma, walk slowly, arasseo?” Seulgi nodded at Ye Jun’s request and slowed down her walking speed.

 

“Yah, look. It’s Red Velvet’s Kang Seulgi!”

“She looks young, and she’s still pretty.”

“Is that her son? Omo, kyeopta.”

“He looks more like his dad.”

“Seulgi is really strong.”

“I really adore her strength.”

“She must be missing her husband so much, right?”

 

Seulgi pressed her lips together, trying so hard not to burst into tears. Even Ye Jun noticed that her tears are welling.

 

“Eomma, gwenchana?” Ye Jun asked worriedly. “N-Nae- eomma gwenchana.” Seulgi said before hastily wiped her dried tears. “See? Eomma is fine.” She faked a smile.

 

Seulgi looked forward, and she bitterly smiled when she saw golden leaves started to fall down. Just like when I first met him, he was standing there, looking at me.

 

I miss you.

 

-

 

Seulgi pecked Ye Jun’s cheek as she whispered good night to her sleeping son. Although she lost his husband, God brings Ye Jun into her life as soon as she lost him. Ye Jun ah, eomma promise that one day, you’ll meet your appa. I know you miss him, I miss him too. She whispered softly before wrapping him with the thick blanket, and slowly gets out from the room.

 

She sits on the living room’s sofa, and grabbed the guitar by her side. It has been a while since I last played guitar .. with him. She strummed the guitar, and sing softly to her favorite song.

 

The empty gray streets, it’s so empty

Feeling blue, I opened the glass window

Rain drops fall onto my hands

The longing starts to well up and flow in my heart

 

I miss you for some reason tonight

Tears rise up

Inside my rising heart

 

She burst into tears as it started raining. Even the nature is crying with her. It has been goddamn five years, only god knows how much I miss him.

 

When it rains, the memories fall down and the pain spreads

I look at you that starts pouring out

Then I freeze in the times that are so clear, as I am wet with the memories

Then I draw out the beautiful you in the rain

 

“Seulgi ah ~” He called her using aegyo. Seulgi laughed and hummed as a response. “You look beautiful today.” Seulgi frowned at his sentence. “Only today? Am I not pretty on the other days?” She faked an angry tone.

 

“You’re always beautiful in my eyes.”

 

“You and your cheesy pickup lines.”

 

“Hey I’m serious!” Seulgi giggled at his cute expression. She shyly took his hand in hers and clasped their fingers together.

 

“I hope we could stay like this forever.”

 

The long and dazzling season

Will it fade away and stain inside the photo album?

 

The night is growing deeper

Promises that I can’t forget

Your warm embrace, goodbye

 

[BREAKING] Bangtan Boys’ were involved in a ferry crash, one of their members went missing

 

Seulgi fell onto her knees. Her mind felt blank, as if there’s a huge stone just dropped on her head. Her eyes became blurry, and tears finally escaped from her eyes. She cried out loud, not caring about how she looks.

 

“I’m sorry, Seulgi.” Taehyung said guiltily. “We’re all sorry.” The rest of Bangtan said. Even they couldn’t believe that one of their friends went missing. They took days to calm themselves down, what more Seulgi.

 

“I-Its not y-your fault.” Seulgi stuttered as she continued crying. “B-But why did he left me this way? I-I don’t even have the chance t-to say how much I-I love him for the last time.”

 

“EONNIE!” Yeri and Joy yelled while the rest of Red Velvet members rushed towards Seulgi. They rushed towards the hospital as soon as they were informed about this shocking news, and they knew at this state, Seulgi need some mental support.

 

“Kangseul ah ~ Shh, don’t cry please.” Wendy softly whispers as she hugged her tight. “I-I lost him.” Seulgi cried weakly. She doesn’t even have the energy to cry anymore. Wendy helped her up, and the rest of Red Velvet members hugged Seulgi while comforting her. They felt really sorry for Seulgi. Heck, who doesn’t feel sad when you lost your husband, right?

 

“H-He lied to me. L-Last night, he just p-promised to stay with me forever.” Seulgi paused.

 

“He just broke his promise.” That was the last thing she could say before she completely passed out, as her world falls into darkness.

 

Your soft whispers under the umbrella

It spreads in a corner of my heart, I can hear you

The sound of the rain sounds peaceful, as if it’s asking me how my day was

In the raindrops of you, colored with the faraway memories

- Taeyeon’s Rain -

 

Seulgi ended the song with a painful smile. “Jimin ah, my only wish is to spend my autumn days with you. Just like the first day we met.”

 

Just when she was about to fell asleep on the sofa, she heard the door being knocked. Seulgi can’t help but to frown. Who the heck is that person? Why did he/she come to my house at freaking 1 am urgh.

 

Seulgi stood up and walked towards the door before carelessly opening it. But as soon as she opened it, she froze in her spot.

 

“Seulgi …”

 

That voice .. The voice that I’ve missed for five years ..

 

“S-Seulgi, I miss you.”

 

Everything is just too shocking for Seulgi right now. “I-Is that really you? Am I d-dreaming again?” She shook her head and even lightly pinched her cheek, yet he is still standing there.

 

“I miss you.” He stepped closer and finally wrapped her in his embrace. Seulgi then burst into tears once again. This time, finally, it’s the tears of happiness. He, whom she had been waiting for goddamn five years, has finally come back. She cried harder as she felt his warmth again.

 

“Jimin ah.”

 

Jimin looked at her. She became much prettier. But, he noticed how her pretty eyes look dull. I made her worry so much, goddamn it. “Yes?”

 

“T-Thank you.” She could barely speak, she was sobbing too hard that her words could barely been heard. “T-Thank you for coming back.”

 

“No, Seulgi. Thank you. Thank you for waiting for me. I shouldn’t make you feel worried. Even your eyes stopped sparkling because of me. I’m sorry. I was stuck in an island for goddamn five years. I wanted to give up, but I always think of you. I’m sorry for making you wait for so long. I-”

 

“-eomma …”

 

Tiny foot steps are approaching them. Seulgi immediately knew it was Ye Jun. Suddenly, she felt nervous. What if Jimin didn’t want to accept Ye Jun as his son?

 

“Aigoo Park Ye Jun.” Seulgi broke the hug before picking Ye Jun up and brought him in her embrace. “You’re scared?” Ye Jun nodded before rubbing his sleepy eyes.

 

“Seulgi ahh …” Seulgi turned her attention towards Jimin, who was standing there, frozen.

 

“Can I h-hold him?” Jimin stuttered out. He knew the fact that he had a son, because as he came back, the news was everywhere. But seeing the innocent little kid, who resembles him a lot, he can’t help but to feel bad. He wasn’t there when he was born. He wasn’t there when he spoke his first word. He wasn’t there for his firsts.

 

It’s Seulgi’s turn to feel surprised. She felt more tears of happiness are rolling down her cheeks. She hastily wiped her tears before handing Ye Jun towards Jimin. Usually, Ye Jun would budge because Ye Jun hates being with someone unfamiliar. But this time, Ye Jun voluntarily smiled.

 

As Jimin holds him in his embrace, he finally felt complete. He leans down before kissing his cheek. “W-What’s your name?”

 

“P-Park Ye Jun.”

 

“Yejun ah, annyeong. I’m your appa. Let’s take care of eomma together, okay? ”

 

Seulgi can’t be much happier than this moment. She stepped closer towards them and hugged her two favorite boys. This is indeed the most beautiful moment of her life. Her two favorite boys are together.

 

And she would forever be grateful as he finally came back.


[fin]

Yup, ‘The Most Beautiful Moment In Life’. Hehehe. I updated early cause I’m currently having two weeks off from school, wohooo!

By the way, I actually have this in my draft as soon as Taeyeon’s Rain was released. (I was actually inspired by that song. Sones here xD) And that was few months back. It’s just- I don’t have any confidence to post this at all xD

So, WenJin’s next! See you soon ~