sing for you

oneshots ; bts x red velvet ; it was you all along

starring - v x irene

cameos - kim ji eun (oc), kim ji hyun (oc)


“But I’ve never expected that I’d sing this song for you- like this.”

 

-

 

2025

 

“Taehyungie ~” Irene threw away the blanket that is covering Taehyung before sitting on top of him. “Yah, wake up sleepyhead!” She shook him, hard. But he’s still not moving at all. She leans forward, and lay on top of him before ruffling his messy hair. It’s unfair how he look damn handsome while sleeping.

 

“Kim Taehyung.” She whispers softly.

 

“Hmmm.” He groaned. FINALLY THERE’S A FREAKING RESPONSE!

 

“Taehyungie, wake up.” She said while playing with his hair. He groaned once again before surprisingly wrapped his hands around her waist, and they both rolled on the king-sized bed. “OH MY GOD KIM TAEHYUNG WHAT THE-”

 

In the end, he is the one who’s on top of her. He pressed both of his hands beside her, careful not to crash her petite body with his weight.

 

“Why did you wake me up so early?” He said with the huskiest voice ever, probably because he just woke up, and slowly leans in.

 

“T-Taehyung, stop.” Irene stuttered when Taehyung leaned much closer, as if they aren’t close enough already. “Why? Still shy from last night, huh?” He smirked, and Irene was getting all red at that moment. “No. Oh my god you erted - now let me go!”

 

“Not until I get my revenge.” He said with a casual smirk before tickling Irene at her sensitive spot, which is at the left side of her tiny waist.

 

“KIM TAEHYUNG AHHHHHHHHH.” Irene squealed as she tried very hard to escape from Taehyung’s hard grip. Taehyung laughed at her flustered reaction and continued to tickle her.

 

“KIM TAEHYUNG STOP.” Irene said as she harshly pushed Taehyung by his chest, and flipped them over. She ended up being on top of him. “Yahhh …” Irene panted slowly while resting her head on Taehyung’s wide chest. Irene gets ticklish easily, which Taehyung had so much fun teasing her.

 

“I love you, bae.” Taehyung said out of the blue before kissing her hair. Irene’s scent is Taehyung’s favorite. So he’d never get tired of being with her. “I love you too, tae.” Irene raised her head and softly pecked Taehyung’s lips before hiding her blushing face at the crook of his neck.

 

And they knew that they could never get enough of each other.

 

-

 

2 MONTHS LATER

 

Irene woke up at the middle of the night when she felt her stomach twisting and her body felt weak. She removed Taehyung’s strong grip around her waist before rushing towards the toilet.

 

“B-Bae?” Taehyung whispered as he couldn’t spot his wife as soon as he opened his eyes. He rubbed his eyes and looked around.

 

“Bae? Where are you?” He shouted through the room. “Tae ..” Taehyung frowned as he heard Irene sounded so weak, and that sound was coming from the toilet. He immediately rushed towards the toilet, and his eyes widen at the sight of Irene throwing up nonstop.

 

“Bae? OH MY GOD ARE YOU OKAY?” Taehyung exclaimed and immediately rubbed Irene’s back to sooth her, and Irene throws up even more at his action. Taehyung felt extremely worried at the sight of his love being sick.

 

Irene opened the water tap and washed . She barely can stand, so Taehyung decided to carry her and led her towards their king-sized bed.

 

“Have you eaten? Oh god, you look so weak.” Taehyung’s eyes soften when Irene nodded softly, she don’t even have the energy to speak. Taehyung took the thick blanket and wrapped her when her little figure trembled weakly.

 

“I’ll bring you to the clinic tomorrow, okay? Now sleep, anything I’d be here for you.” Taehyung said before kissing her forehead.

 

And throughout the night, he cannot sleep thinking about Joohyun’s health condition, because she’s too precious for him.

 

-

 

“Congratulations, you both are going to be parents soon.”

 

Irene and Taehyung stayed unmoved. Their eyes widen in shock, but not any of them moves. Even the doctor looked at them with a frown before clearing his throat. “Irene shi, you’re pregnant for two weeks.”

 

“YAYYYYY!” Taehyung suddenly exploded in happiness before cheering by himself. He jumped around while babbling about how happy he is. Irene face palmed at the sight of her husband acting like an alien- again.

 

She can’t help but to smile, because she is going to be a mother soon.

 

-

 

2031

 

11.30 pm

 

“APPA!”

 

Taehyung, who was busy doing the laundries by himself, immediately stopped doing his work and threw them aside before rushing towards his daughters’ room.

 

“Yes, babies. What’s wrong?” He said as he peeked into the room.

 

Ji Eun and Ji Hyun pouted before patting the space in between them, signaling Taehyung to sit there. Taehyung made his way in between them and laid down. “Why? My babies look so sad, huh?”

 

“We can’t sleep.” Ji Hyun said sulkily.

 

“Can you tell us a story?” Ji Eun requested.

 

“How about a bedtime story?” Taehyung suggested.

 

Both Ji Eun and Ji Hyun’s eyes lit up in excitement and nodded eagerly before laying on Taehyung’s arms. Taehyung gently pulled them closer, and they’re now lying on Taehyung’s chest. “Sure! What is the story about? Is it a fairytale?”

 

“Not really a fairytale. It’s a real life story, about a guy named Kim Taehyung.”

 

“Isn’t that you, appa?” Ji Hyun asked in curiosity.

 

“Yeah.” He grinned. “So let’s start, okay?” He paused before taking a deep breath.

 

“In his 20s, Kim Taehyung, or better known with his stage name, V, is really famous for being a member of Bangtan. Bangtan is a boy group consists of 7 handsome guys, and they were really popular back then. They won daesangs, they had their world tour, and they have an extremely huge fanbase. Basically, they own everything. Even after all these, Taehyung felt really lonely. He worked so hard, yet he never had time for his ownself, not even a girlfriend. Until one day …”

 

-

 

-  Flashback -

 

2015

 

“Happiness! Annyeonghasayo, Red Velvet imnida.”

 

Taehyung grinned at the group’s introduction. It’s funny how he doesn’t really know about girl groups, except for SNSD. He knew the group’s existence, and just that, nothing till the extent that he knows their members names and their songs. But this time, it’s different.

 

“Annyeonghasayo, I’m Red Velvet’s leader, Irene imnida.”

 

She’s … gorgeous.

 

And since that day, Taehyung had been stalking her like a hardcore fanboy, which he never fanboyed over any other girl groups before, cause she simply caught his eyes.

 

-

 

2020

 

“YAH KIM TAEHYUNG!”

 

Irene squealed as Taehyung ran round the house with Irene’s favorite plushie on his hand. “You can’t catch me ~” Taehyung sang jokingly before continued running.

 

“HUWAAAAAA ~”

 

“Yah! Oh my god, kids!” Mrs Bae, who just came back from the market, widened her eyes at the two adults- well more like an alien and his girlfriend- which is just as weird. “Why are both of you running around the house?”

 

“Taehyung stole my plushie!” Irene pouted before stomping her feet onto the ground. Mrs Bae sighed. “Bae Joohyun, how old are you?” Irene grinned. “Err .. 30?”

 

“Then act like one, darling.” Mrs Bae smiled before walking away, leaving the lovebirds alone. Taehyung burst into laughter as soon as he heard Mrs Bae saying that Irene doesn’t act like a 30 years old woman. “Aigooo, my Joohyunie doesn’t act like 30 huh?” Taehyung said in a teasing way.

 

“Shut up you 26 years old brat. Now give me back my plushie before I chop your head off.” Irene glared at him before crossing her arms on her chest.

 

“Joohyunie ~” Taehyung pouted before running sneakily behind Irene and hugged her from the back. “Mianhae.” He said cutely.

 

Irene pressed her lips together, trying so hard not to smile at his cuteness. “Joohyunie mianhaeee ~” He squealed even more, and Irene finally sighed in defeat. “Okay fine, you’re forgiven.” She paused. “Thank god you’re cute.”

 

-

 

2022

 

[BREAKING] BTS’ V and Red Velvet’s Irene had officially married

 

“Good morning, bae ~” Taehyung grinned as he looked deeply into Irene- his wife’s beautiful eyes. “Morning, tae.” Irene flashed him a smile.

 

“I can’t believe this is all true. I’m married … to you.” Taehyung mumbled. Irene traces her finger on his face and stops at his cheeks before gently cupping it.

 

“Then believe it, I’m yours.”

 

Taehyung smiled wider at her statement. After all the hardships and challenges, they made it till the top. “So, ready for our first day ever as hubby and wifey?”

 

“More than ever.”

 

-

 

END OF 2025

 

Irene gulped as she flipped the cooking book. She felt so hungry, but she just ate a bowl of ramyeon 30 minutes ago. She gulped harder when the book shows a picture of grilled meat.

 

Oh my god, why am I craving for a damn grilled meat in the midnight? Taehyung is not even home, yet.

 

She tried to close her eyes and dose of to dreamland, but a picture of grilled meat kept on playing in her mind. She can’t take it anymore, so she grabbed her handphone and dialed Taehyung’s number. Fortunately, he picked up after three rings despite him being super busy lately.

 

“Yeobosaeyo, bae?”

“Tae, I want grilled meat.”

“W-What?”

“I’m craving for some grilled meat.”

“Oh wow.” He said- amused. “Like- right now?”

Irene whined.“Yes, I’m hungry. Pleaseeeeee ~”

“But I’m still working-” He sighed- remembering the fact that she is carrying his child. “-okay bae, I will- anything for you.”

Irene can’t help but to squeal. “YEAYYY. I love you, tae. Be fast, okay?”

“I love you too.”

 

Irene ended the call with a smile.

 

Kim Taehyung …

 

He was way better than the prince charming that she always dreams off since kids.

 

He is her prince charming.

 

The way his lips formed into a rectangular grin whenever he smiled. The way his eyes sparkled everytime they met hers. The way he gently spread butterfly kisses on her face. The way he held her hand as if she was a princess. He was way too perfect for her. He was everything that she ever need.

 

She looked down, and gently caresses her tummy. The baby bump is slowly showing, and Irene smiled imagining herself with big tummy. Sooner, the life inside her tummy would be the second most important person to her- after Taehyung.

 

“Mummy loves you, and even if it takes mummy’s life, mummy’s gonna make sure you’re safe.”

 

-

 

2026

 

Taehyung loosen his necktie and threw himself onto the bed. God, I’m freaking exhausted. Lately, he was busy composing songs, especially for Irene. He wanted to sing for her- and his child, everytime before they went to sleep. So, he prepared very hard for this special song dedicated to both of them.

 

He turned to his side, and his lips immediately cracked into a smile when he saw the love of his life, sleeping peacefully with the big tummy of hers. Taehyung swore, she looked damn cute with that big tummy since she’s really small. Taehyung couldn’t hug her properly, because the tummy blocked him from doing so.

 

He leans in and pecked her forehead, nose and lips. And his action woke her up.  

 

“Tae?” She said with that cute little voice of hers, and rubbed her eyes softly.

 

“Bae ..” He replied with a grin before taking both of her hands and tangled them with his. “You’re back ..? I’m sorry, I should’ve waited for you. But I fell asleep instead.”

 

“Hey, it’s okay. You need more rest, cause you’re carrying a mini Kim Taehyung, remember?”

 

Irene giggled at his sentence. Just then, she remembered something that she just figured out last afternoon.

 

“Tae .. It’s double mini Kim Taehyung. Not just one. Oh and I’m not so sure whether it’s mini Kim Taehyung or mini Kim Joohyun.” She grinned while hinting something. But as expected, Kim Taehyung is just so damn freaking slow to realize everything.

 

“Huh?” He looked at Irene in confusion, and Irene mentally face palmed herself.

 

“Taehyung …” She leans closer, and surprisingly she is able to connect Taehyung’s forehead with hers despite carrying a big tummy.

 

“We’re getting twins.”

 

-

 

END OF 2026

 

“Taehyung, thank you so much for everything. Wait for me, okay? And I love you. I love you so much.”

 

His eyes are blank and unfocused. He tried to search for some possible words to describe his emotions at that time- but there seems to be none.

 

“I don’t believe it.” He chokes out. “S-She was there just now. She asked me to wait for her. She said she loves me.” He paused. “Liar.” He sobbed.

 

He inhaled slowly. “I-I wasn’t prepared for this.”

 

“Mr Kim.” The doctor came out from labor room. Taehyung wiped his tears and looked at him with an empty face. “Go and see your wife, for the last time.”

 

He heard the doctor speak, and he was gone in a split of second. Taehyung clasped his fingers together and looked down.

 

Oh god why does this feels so painful? He stood up and entered the room. He isn't crying anymore, his gaze is as vacant as an empty glass of water.

 

He walked towards his deceased wife, who was covered by the white blanket, and slowly uncovers it.

 

She was smiling prettily, as she used too.

 

He remembered himself being in hysterics when he was told that he had lost her, forever. He had been screaming and begging the doctors to let her live. He had always imagined living a happy life with a beautiful wife and beautiful kids. Watching his children to grow up, and grow older with her.

 

He wasn’t expecting this, at all.

 

“Bae ..” He smiled bitterly as he speaks.

 

Bae, the nickname that she used to hate when he first called her with that, but she grew to like it. “We have our baby girls already.” He breathes out. “And I named them Kim Ji Eun and Kim Ji Hyun, just like how you wished.” He reached for her pale face and caressed it gently.

 

“Oh, and I made a song for you.” He sobs harder. “L-Listen to it, okay?” He kneeled on the floor and tangled her unmoving fingers with his and sang softly.

 

With my old guitar

I’ll take all the confessions I couldn’t say

All the things I swallowed inside

And tell you right now as if I made it into a song

Just listen, I’ll sing for you

 

I love you so much but I don’t tell you that I love you

It’s awkward, my pride won’t allow me

I’ll take courage and tell you today

But just listen without much thought, I’ll sing for you

 

The way you cry, the way you smile

Do you know how much you mean to me?

Words I wanna say, words I lost

I’ll confess to you but just listen

I’ll sing for you, sing for you

Just listen and smile

 

It’s kind of funny, I only have you

But sometimes, I’m worse than a stranger to you

When in truth, I just wanna put my head in your arms

And be held by you

 

I’m so thankful every day that you are here

You’re a gift from God

When today passes, I might get awkward again

But I wanna tell you today, so listen

 

The way you cry, the way you smile

Do you know how much you mean to me?

Words I wanna say, words I lost

I’ll confess to you though it might sound awkward

Just listen, I’ll sing for you

- EXO’s Sing For You -

 

He ended the song with a whimper. He doesn’t even have the energy to cry anymore. “I thought of singing this for you as a lullaby everytime before we go to sleep.” At that time, he doesn’t bother to wipe his dried tears anymore.

 

“But I’ve never expected that I’d sing this song for you- like this.” His heart clenched at his own words. He then realized that he needs to let her go. He slowly stood up, and kissed both of her hands, her pale lips, both of her cheeks, and her nose.

 

“I’ll miss you, bae.” He will surely miss her little smile, her twinkling eyes, and all those little qualities about her. “Be happy there. And one fine day, I’d surely join you, and we could love each other again. Never forget me, okay?” He pecked her forehead one last time.

 

“I love you, bae.”

 

-

 

- End of flashback –

 

“And that’s the end of the story.”

 

Taehyung let out a soft smile as he looked to his right and his left. Both Ji Eun and Ji Hyun were sleeping peacefully with their little cute snores. He quickly wiped his dried tears and stood up. He pulled the blanket over and wrapped his daughters with it.

 

He pecked his daughters’ forehead and stopped before looking at both at them with full of love.

 

“Your eomma left appa alone.” He spoke softly. “But appa have you girls now.” He smiled bitterly as another drop of tears fell on his cheek. “How appa wishes that eomma will have the chance to see both of you growing, and live a happy family together. Just the four of us.”

 

“But appa is happy, cause appa knows that eomma is watching us from afar.”

 

He closed his eyes, and he sobbed harder as he felt her presence near him. She seems so close, yet so far. He can’t see her, but he could definitely feel her. Their love towards each other is really strong till the point that he could even be delusional, but he swore that he heard her beautiful voice.

 

“I’m proud of you, tae. Words cannot describe how much I love you, cause I really do.”

 

Little did he know, she’s really there, and she had been watching him all these while, with an angel smile spreading on her lips.

 

-

 

[fin]

Inspired from EXO’s Sing For You! This song is one of my all-time favorite songs. The lyrics are just so meaningful.

Sorry for not updating for quite a while. So I hope this chapter pays off.

Anyways, I guess there's a little confusion going on here. fyi, @AuniSyafira on wattpad is me. Please don't get me wrong, okay? I love you guys, tataaaaa ~