Distance Makes Love Grows Fonder

In Love With A Bad Boy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A week later…

 

Jiyong sighs for nth time while he waited outside Dara’s home. It is the day the DG LA girls will be back to their own school. The proceeding days at DG Boys School will be dull now that the ladies left already. Especially for him since Sandara won’t be around in the school premises.

 

No. Jiyong isn’t worried about some guys hitting on her while he’s not around. He doesn’t have to wrry about others boys since for one, he trusted Dara very much. Lastly, DG LA is an all girls’ exclusive school so obviously she was surroundded by female species.

 

It’s that he’ll simply miss her.

 

Corny it may sound but Kwon Jiyong felt that way whenever he cannot be with Sandara even for a second. Taeyang once told him he’s over reacting and he should stop it since he might end up suffocating Sandara. So Jiyong really tried to control his emotions and be rational.

 

Truly, to love this way is something scary and at the same time gratifying.

 

There’s a knock on his tinted window, breaking his reveries. Jiyong looked to his side and saw his baby girl’s smiling face. He smiled and unlocked the car door. Sandara steps to the side to give him some room. As he got out, Sandara greeted him immediately.

 

“Hi!” she said.

 

He grinned and quickly pulls her in an embrace. His hands rounded on her small waist while he nuzzles his nose to her hair. He felt her initial shock subsided and return the embrace—her arms on his back while she leans on his chest.

 

“Hello baby,” he greeted her back as he slightly leans away his head to look at her.

 

“Shall we go?” she asked after giving him a peck on his left cheek.

 

He pouted exaggeratedly as he playfully wiggles their body together. Sandara giggled and slaps his chest impishly.

 

“I will miss you,” he said after a while.

 

Sandara smiled thoughtfully at him. “I know. But I’m just few blocks away. Besides, we’re going to school. We will be busy and won’t be able to notice the time that we’re away from each other. Ji, you should egt used to this. I thought we talked about this matter already? We agreed to be patient right?”

 

He nodded and sighs. “Yeah. But I can’t help it. I want to be with all the time. I feel that anytime, any moment you will be taken away from me. I don’t want that to happen. I don’t want to be separated from you anymore.”

 

“Jiyong… I am not going anywhere, alright? We promised to work this out this time right? So don’t worry anymore. We won’t let the past repeats itself. If we have problems, we will talk it out first. We will be honest to each other from now on right?”

 

“Yes. I promised to make things right this time and never hurt you again. I cannot lose you again. I might die if that happens,” he said sincerely.

 

“Then, let’s go to school now? I don’t want you to be late like you always do,” she rolled her eyes at the fact. “Don’t be tardy, Jiyong. And please, be serious with your studies. We are still in high school. You should work out with your academics so you can go to college without problems alright? We only have this semester and next year we’re going to enter college soon.”

 

“I’ll try.”

 

Sandara smiled. “Aigoo! Come on. Let’s get moving. You are still going to drop me off to DG LA.”

 

Jiyong reluctantly released her. “Arasso.”

 

After he secured her on the passenger seat, Jiyong starts the engine of the car and they began travelling. They talked about stuffs until they reached DG LA. The gate in front of the academy is also new. It’s a huge high steel electronic gate. There are two securities appointed in front and checking those who enters and exits the academy.

 

“We’re here,” Jiyong announced as he pulled to the side.

 

Sandara detached the seat built and checks herself first in the rearview mirror before she turns to Jiyong who’s looking at her. She gave him a smile and caresses his worried face.

 

“I’ll go now. Drive safely, arasso? I’ll send you message later. Text me if you get to your school. I’ll wait for you later after school,” she said softly.

 

Jiyong caught her hand and kissed her palm as he nodded.

 

“Hmmm…`Will do. I love you,” he said.

 

“I love you you too. I’ll go out now,” she said and about to open the passenger door but Jiyong pulled her back and crashed his lips to hers in a passionate morning-slash-goodbye kiss.

 

“Hmmm, sweet. Now, go before I tie you here with me and never let you go,” he said after releasing her.

 

“Jerk,” Sandara playfully glares at him and rewarded him again a peck before she completely strutted out of his car and enters the academy.

 

Jiyong chuckled to his self as he followed her figure entering the school with his gaze. He sighs and restarted the engine of his car and leave.

 

He parked inside DG Boys School after sending off his girlfriend. Bigbang boys are already there waiting for him. He sighs again as he looked around the boys filled campus o ftheir school. Taeyang approached him and put and arm around his shoulder as they walked togther with Top, Daesung and Seungri in the path walk.

 

“Let’s start our testesterone filled school day,” Taeyang said as if sympathizing with his current state.

 

“I suddenly miss those noisy chatters ladies,” Top said as he put his intertwined hands at the back of his head, walking coolly beside them.

 

“You’re right, hyung. I miss the skirts and their long legs,” Seungri cried out which earned a slap from Top on his nape. “Aww, hyung!”

 

Daesung chuckled. “At least, I won’t be missing the maknae being hit.”

 

“Daesung hyung, how dare you!” Seungri pouted.

 

Top and Daesung began teasing the maknae while Taeyang watched them, shaking his head. He noticed Jiyong’s somber mood and he knew why. He just gave his brother a pat on his shoulder in comfort.

 

Jiyong turns to him and smiled faintly.

 

I miss my baby girl!

 

~ ~ ~

 

Sandara chuckled at her phone screen seeing Jiyong’s lengthy text. His message was full of reminders. She knew the guy is really worried and upset with the sudden changed in their routine. But this is something they cannot avoid. There stay at DG Boys School is only temporary. And she thinks it’s alright to have space and distance with Jiyong.

 

After all there is a saying that says ‘distance makes love grows fonder.’

 

Being with Jiyong all day every day is really bliss. Nonetheless, it’s not bad to have time for theirselves as well. After all, they still have other priorities to fill like their studies. Relationship is not about being together. It’s about knowing your commitments and be responsible for them. Relationship is about communication, honesty and trust.

 

And she thought it’s a good opportunity for her and Jiyong to strengthen their relationship. They were about to become adults and soon enters college. Not all the time, she and Jiyong has to be with each other. They have to be mature this time if they wanted their relationship to last. They love each other, that is already given but it’s not all about love every time.

 

For her, the best relationship is being committed with someone without compromising the individuality.

 

After all, she has her own dreams and for sure Jiyong has too.

 

“It’s Jiyong-ssi?” CL asked her while she seated across her. Bom and Minzy had to attend their club commitments.

 

“Neh,” she answered and put down her phone beside her plate.

 

“He’s still upset?”

 

Sandara laughs a bit. “He’ll get over with it.”

 

CL smirked. “He’s cute acting that way but honestly, it’s quite hilarious. I mean, I understand the reason on why he’s acting that way. However, it’s really shallow. I didn’t expect him to be this way.”

 

Sandara looked at her friend and only smiled. “True. But Jiyong has been this way ever since middle school when we got together for the first time. I don’t have problem with that because I find it really sweet. He’s only acting this way towards me. To other people, he’s always cold and tough.”

 

CL stared at her for a moment. She’s looking at her with those thoughtful orbs of her and she flashed a genuine smile.

 

“You know what, I can only agree. I am really moved by his love to you. He is very loyal and devoted. Even if I didn’t read your diary before, I would rather really guess he’s very passionate when it comes to you. It is visible to eyes and Jiyong-ssi is not even ashamed of showing how much he loves you. You’re very lucky to have found a guy like him.”

 

For a moment, Sandara felt somber. Yes. CL said is true. Sometimes even she doesn’t believe it. Sometimes she felt everything is only a dream. And she’s feeling anxious that someday she’ll wake up everything is just part of her fanstasy.

 

“You’re feeling doubt again, aren’t you?” CL broke his reverie and asked.

 

Sandara sighs deeply. “It’s not that I doubt Jiyong. I do believe that he loves me. I can feel that. But you know, I cannot help to feel scared. The feeling of uncertainty still lingers on me. I know it’s wrong and all. That I should keep my trust on him but I just cannot help it. Everything seems surreal. I-I don’t know. I guess I’m just being paranoid.”

 

“It’s not wrong to feel that way, especially with what you got through in the past. Nobody says love comes in easy way. And I commend you for that, unnie. It wasn’t easy to be with someone who brought pain to you once but your heart is still beating for him. This is a second chance not only for Jiyong-ssi but also for you. It only proves how strong you are and how much you can do for love. You’re one brave woman, unnie. I know you can surpass whatever doubt you were feeling right now.”

 

“I hope you’re right, Chae.”

 

“I am if you believe in yourself.”

 

“Thank you. I’m really thankful that I met you, Bom and Minzy.”

 

“Don’t be. If only we met even before, we could have been there with you when that dreadful past happened to you. You wouldn’t have to suffer alone.”

 

“Things happened for a reason, Chaerin-ah. Maybe fate was just testing me during those times if I can stand on my feet on my own. Jiyong and I were so young back then. We have so much to learn. We’re so caught up with our emotions during those times and we forgot what matters most. Just typical teenagers caught in love.”

 

“You were in love. It’s not a crime.”

 

“True. But reality woke us up real hard. And suddenly what we have felt so wrong. I can see Jiyong became out of control. It hurts me seeing everything fall apart even our relationship. I thought I can save him but it was already too late. I was busy saving him from despair and I had forgotten to protect myself as well. Everything became painful for me, for him and for everyone around us.”

 

“And it was very unfortunate for both of yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter