|| Eight ||

Mr. Weirdo

Chapter 8

         “Before you return my jacket, please wash it.”

 

He then proceeded to turn in front and walked away leaving you to stand there, dumbfounded.

    “What was that, Oh Sehun?!”, you yelled as Sehun stopped his steps and turned to look at you. “What? I said to wash my jacket before returning it?”, He spoke in an obvious tone, pretending as if nothing happened.

“Well was that whispering so closely necessary??”, You murmured as you walked to his side. He nudged you. “Why? Are you mad?”, He asked as he eyeballed you.

 

“No. No I’m not.”, You murmured as you started walking. Sehun started walking too by your side. “Hwan is mad.”, He spoke in a teasing tone as you slightly rolled your eye. “Am not.”, You mumbled.

“By the way I’m having dinner at your home.”, He spoke blatantly as you looked into him with wide eyes. “What? Yah this is so sudden!”, You spoke in a shocked tone as he shrugged.

          “I bet you didn’t tell your mom about the marriage right? RIGHT???”, He spoke, slightly yelling with wide eyes. You looked into him.

“Of course I didn’t tell her yet! What? You want me to suddenly tell her that her 16 year old daughter is getting married? BULL!!!”, You yelled back, much louder than him. “And that is why, I’m going to be having dinner at your house! So you can at least introduce me to your parents!”, He responded back in a loud voice as you let out a sigh of surrender.

“Okay, fine.”, You murmured as Sehun did a little silly dance. “I won~”.


“I’m home..”, You murmured slowly with Sehun behind you. Your mom who was preparing dinner looked into you with wide eyes. “O-Oh Hwan Hui you’re back, a-and Hwan Hui’s boyfriend too..?”, Your mom mumbled, with a careful tone.

You let out a sigh. “M-Mom… this is Sehun… and he’s staying for dinner..”, You mumbled as Sehun gave a small wave. “Hi.”

 

Your mom’s eye widened even more. “Oh, really? That’ll be great! Please, have a seat first Sehun, While I prepare the dinner.”, Your mom spoke in a soft tone as she smiled.

“Thank you, Hwan’s mom.”, He spoke in a monotone as your mom eyed him weirdly and disappeared to the kitchen.


Your dad has soon returned from work and dinner had soon started.

         “So…. Sehun, right? What is your relationship with my daughter?”, Your dad asked as he took a bite of the spaghetti served.

Before Sehun could answer, you immediately cut him off. “D-Dad, he’s my boyfriend.”, You answered. Your dad nodded his head. “Oh I see. I see.”, He spoke as he then took a sip of his water.

“We’re getting married, sir.”, He spoke as your dad then choked on the water and let out a loud cough. Your eyes widened as you looked into Sehun. He let out a simple shrug.

    Your mom rubbed your dad’s back soothingly. “T-That’s a very sweet joke, Sehun-ah.”, Your mom spoke as she let out an awkward laugh. You lowered your gaze as you let out a sigh. ‘It’s now or never.’

“Mom. Dad. We are getting married.”, You spoke. Your mom and dad stared into you with wide eyes.

       

         “Hwan Hui? What are you talking about?”, Your mom spoke in a slight scolding tone. You stared into your mom with puppy eyes. “We’re getting married, mom….”, You murmured. ‘For sehun’s dad. This is all for sehun’s dad.’, You thought as you looked into your parents.

Right now if looks could kill, you would be dead already. “Hwan Hui? What are you talking about?!”, Your dad asked with wide eyes. You gulped.

“We’re getting married, dad. Mom.”, You spoke, slightly louder. “The sooner the better.”, Sehun spoke after you as your parents looked into him with eyes shooting daggers.

 

Your dad let out a weary sigh, as he slams his fork loudly. “You teenagers think marriage is a small thing, huh? Cut that crap out! How many months have you guys even been dating? You guys probably can’t even pay bills yet, hold responsibilities, or even raise a child! And now you’re craping about marriag-”

“My mother is the CEO of The Oh’s Corporation.”, Sehun spoke cutting your dad off. Your dad stared into him with wide eyes. “W-What?”, He spoke, a bit confused by the sudden confess.

 

“I saw your tie. Only The Oh’s corporation workers have that tie. You know that the company is currently hiring a new chief right? I can make sure you get the job if you bless this marriage.”, Sehun spoke in a confident tone as you let out a slight gulp.

You looked into your dad to see his reaction. But he was just staring at Sehun with wide, careful eyes. “You sneaky little bastard! You think you can bribe me so easily?!”, Your dad spoke in anger.

 

“When is the wedding day?!?!!”, Your dad added more as you looked into him with wide eyes. ‘Typical of my dad.’, You thought as Sehun shook his hand out. “The deal has been sealed.”, Sehun spoke as your dad then shook his hand enthusiastically.

“We shall have a meeting with my parents. By this week.”, He added more as your dad gave him a nod. “B-But honey, Hwan Hui is only 16 this is not possible!”, Your mom spoke in a concerned tone as your dad then waved his hand in a sign of deny. 

       

   “It’s okay, it’s okay I bet Sehun here will take care of our Hwan Hui, right Sehun-ahhh?”, Your dad spoke sweetly as Sehun let out a small smile. “Yes.”

“Ahah welcome to the family, Oh Sehun!!!”, Your dad spoke in a loud voice as Sehun gave a slight bow. “Honey, you can’t be serious?!”, Your mom asked with wide eyes. 

       “Ai, what’s wrong? They love each other! Let them get married!!”, Your dad spoke happily. “For Sehun and Hwan Hui!!”, Your dad yelled as he holds his glass of water high in the air.

You awkwardly take your glass of juice and hold it high in the air too. “Y-Yeah for Sehun and Hwan Hui…”, You mumbled as everyone then did it too.

“Cheers!!”, Your dad spoke enthusiastically.


“Sehun-ah, it’s already late. Why don’t you spend the night here for today? I’ll get an extra pillow and blanket for you.”, Your mother spoke to Sehun in a warm tone as Sehun stared into her with a slightly shocked expression.

“U-Uh? Y-Yeah Thank you for your hospitality..”, Sehun mumbled in a slow voice as your mother smiled in response.

 

You nudged Sehun. “Come. Let’s go to my room.”, You spoke as you gave him a small smile. He looked into you and nodded.

 

Both of you sat on the single sized bed as your mother placed the extra blanket by the bed. “Goodnight Sehun, Hwan Hui.”, your mother spoke in a sweet tone as you smiled.

“Goodnight mom!” You spoke as Sehun just gave her a slight bow.

 

As your mother left the room, you let out a weary sigh. Sehun looked into you, his face showing a hint of confusion. “What’s the matter? What’s in your mind?”, He asked, in a warm tone.

 

It feels nice, to actually hear him talking like an actual human rather than his usual cold, icy tone. You turned to look at him. Right now the distance between your face and his was really close, but it doesn’t feel awkward. It feels right. It feels nice, and warming.

You let out a small smile. “Nothing… It’s just… the thought of marriage that is bothering me.”, You spoke, followed by a small laugh. Sehun stared into you, as if he’s trying to read you.

“I’m sorry.”, He spoke, his tone sounded sincere. You lowered your gaze as you let out a laugh. “Why are you apologizing, it’s not your fault..”, You murmured. “It’s never your fault..”, You added more, whispering.

He didn’t say anything, but kept his eye fixed on you. “Hwan.”, He called your name. As you turned and looked into him. “Yes?”, You answered, still looking into him. “Wanna hear a story?”, He asked, trying to cheer you up.

 

“This story was told to me by my father, who heard it from my grandfather, who heard it from my grand grandfather, who heard it from my grand grand grandfather, who heard it from-”

“Okay, okay just tell me the story.”, You cut him off with a slight smile as he let out a small smile.

“You ever heard of white peacock?”, He asked as his eyes bore into yours. You slightly tilted your head in confusion. “White peacock? I’m not sure. I think I’ve heard of them but I’ve never seen them in real life…”, You spoke in response.

 

 “Well this is a myth that happened a long time ago before human existed. White peacocks are considered as a majestic creature, as they lived in harmony, peace and happiness. In a place, they call as heaven. None of them were lonely, none of them felt sorrow. Until God decided to create this little feelings, called love.”, Sehun started, and you could feel a linger of excitement in his tone.

“When God created this feeling, all the white peacocks liked the feelings of love. But God reminded them, love may be easy to found, but true love are hard, and rare. Soon, all the peacocks were competing on finding true love. They tried all kind of ways. But none of them found it. And soon enough, they were exhausted on trying to find true love.”, Sehun added more, as his gaze were fixed on you.

   

             “One day, a white peacock fell in love with another peacock. He knew it’s true love, he could feel it. The white peacock asked his partner, “If you could give me anything in exchange of true love, what would it be?”, His  partner answered, “Take my tail. These beautiful tail, are nothing compared to your love.” And the white peacock did. He took his partner’s tail, and made it into his own. It made him a greater person, in the power of love.”

         

 “All the other peacocks were shocked. As thus god explained, that true love is a beauty, so it could only be found in the prettiest part of the body, which is in the peacock’s tail. Same goes to the human. True love could only be found in the prettiest part of the body. Which is, the heart.”, Sehun explained as he placed both of his palm upon your cheek. Patting it just slightly.

You stared into him with your mouth slightly opened. “Woah….”, you spoke as Sehun nodded. “My dad told me this story should be passed to people. I’ve passed it to you, so then it’s your turn to pass it.”, Sehun spoke as you nodded.

 

“By the way, Hwan.”, He added as you looked into him. “Hmm?”, You asked as he scratched the back of his neck softly. “I know I literally forced you into this marriage, and I know that it’s really unfair of me. Every girl deserve a proper marriage and someone to love, so..”, He spoke before kneeling on one knee as he faced toward you.

You eyed all of his movement with wide, anticipating eyes. He looked into you for a few seconds, before slowly putting his right hand out toward you.

 

             “Will you marry me, Hwan?”