|| Five ||

Mr. Weirdo

   Chapter 5

     “Your friend, Su Min.”

You stopped walking as you looked into Chanyeol with wide eyes. “W-Who?”, You asked, voice slightly cracking.  Chanyeol laughed upon seeing your reaction. “Why are you so shocked? Are you that happy for me?”, Chanyeol spoke as he slightly giggled.

           You stared into him as you cleared your throat and start walking.

“You heard it right. I like Su Min. The one that is always with you.”, He spoke, smiling sweetly. You looked into Chanyeol, you could even hear your heart breaking into pieces.

 

“Why..?”, You asked. Why her? Why not me? What did she do for you? Did she steal your heart upon the first time you saw her?

                Will she even love you as much as I do?

 

He smiled as he looked into you. “Why I like her? I’m not sure too. You know that feeling when you look at someone and it just feels so right, and you just want to be with them forever?”, He confessed as he let out a small smile.

    You looked into him. “Y-Yeah. I know that feeling.”, You spoke, Lowering your gaze. “When did you… realized that you had feelings for her..?”, You asked more, curiosity taking over.

He let out a smile. It seemed real. It seemed like he is really in love.

          It was way too beautiful, it’s saddening.

“I felt all this feelings a few days ago. It was earlier I confirmed my feelings. I saw her walking with you, and my heart was beating really fast. And I found peace upon seeing her laugh and her smile. I really, really like her, Hwan Hui.”, Chanyeol whispered. You silenced.

 

 

Chanyeol looked into you. “Remember a while ago we promised to each other if we finally have the person we like, we’ll tell each other? That’s another reason I’m telling you this.”, He spoke. “Hwan Hui, you too must tell me once you find a guy you like.”, He spoke with a laugh.

“Oh, we have arrived at your home. I’ll see you tomorrow then, Hwan Hui. Bye~”, He spoke with a wave as you waved back.

He walked away and right at that moment, you could feel your heart throbbing in pain. It aches.


    Humans are weak creatures. That’s why humans were made to be paired.


But weird enough, at the moment where it seemed as if the world has turned its back to you, the first person that went to your mind was Sehun.

         The person that you really wanted to be comforted by was Sehun.

 

You stand with your back facing the door as you searched for Sehun’s number. He had given you his number a few days ago. You called him as you try hard to resist the urge to cry.

  He didn’t answer at first, and that’s when tear starts to fall. You called him one more time, and he answered almost immediately. “Hello?”

“s-se-ehunnn….”,You cried out, slightly yelling. The other line went silent. “Who is this?”,

   “Sehun….”, You called his name as tears came out even more. Your feelings had betrayed you. “Hwan Hui? Is that you?”. He asked through the line. “S-sehun I’m breaking….”, You spoke through the line, choking on tears.

“Yah, Don’t cry, what is wrong with you..”, He spoke and you swore you could hear a glimpse of concern in his tone. “He doesn’t like me, Sehun…”, You whispered, as you hold your phone firmly.

“What? Who doesn’t like you?”, Sehun asked, a hint of confusion lingering in his tone. “He likes someone else, s-sehu-nn….”, You mumbled as you messed your hair up.

“Hwan Hui.”, Sehun spoke in a serious tone, that it slightly scares you. “Hwan Hui, stop crying.”, He spoke, this time in a firm tone. You wiped your tear that is falling through your eyes as you blow your nose just slightly.

   

          “What is wrong with you?”, He asked, still keeping his serious tone.

“Hwan Hui?”, Your mom’s voice could be heard as the front door was opened. Your eyes widen as you immediately ended the call and placed your phone inside your pocket. You turned to face your mom.

“H-Hey, mom you didn’t went to sleep yet..?”, You spoke as you gave her smile. Fortunately it was dark and your mom could barely see your face. Your mom looked into you weirdly. “Were you crying? I thought I heard someone crying..”, You mom spoke as you let out a laugh.

“Ha, y-yeah I called one of the co-workers from the amusement park because I left my bag there and I just told her that bag is really important and told her to get it for me, it-it’s just that, mom.”, You told her, as you tuck a strand of hair behind your ear.

Your mother studied you properly. “Oh, okay then come inside, Hwan Hui. You must be tired.”


The next day, you went to school with swollen eyes. You had cried all night and didn’t even get a proper sleep.

   You walked to your seat as Su Min greeted you with a smile. “Hey, Hwan Hui~”, She sang cheerfully. You greeted her back with a smile. As you looked into her, you couldn’t help but to feel a glimpse of hate, and envy.

 

Mina had also arrived as she smiled to the both of you and went to her sit. You looked to your left. Sehun hadn’t arrived yet and you kinda wish he would not come today as you recall what happened yesterday. It was humiliating.

“Okay, okay guys.”, Su Min spoke, and you just had to try hard not to glare at her. “So, since tomorrow is weekend, I’m going to the mall to buy a gift for my mother’s birthday, can you guys come with me?”, She asked, with a sweet smile across her face.

 

        You silenced as you stared into her.

 “Su Min, I really want to join but I have tuition class tomorrow! Sorry~”, Mina spoke with an apologizing smile. Su Min slightly pouted, “That’s okay. Hwan Hui, can you come with me?”, Su Min turned to you as your eyes widen.

“H-Huh? Me? Y-Yeah. Sure.”, You spoke, stuttering just slightly. Su Min stared into you. “Hwan Hui, is there something bothering you? You seem to be spacing out a lot lately.”, Su Min asked out of nothing but pure concern.

You stared at her in shock. “U-Uh? N-No-Nothing’s bothering me. I’m absolutely fine..”, You spoke as you force a small smile. Su Min stared into you. “You know, you could tell me if there is anything that is bothering you.”, Su Min added more as she smiles.

 

“I’m fine.”, You spoke and turned to front. You were getting so annoyed by the fact she is so caring toward you.

It was not her fault. It was never her fault that Chanyeol adore her. But somehow, it seems like those little hate toward her would never go away.

Class soon started when Mrs Kim had entered the class. Yet Sehun still haven’t arrived yet. You turned to your left as you eyed his seat.

         What could had probably happened to him? You thought, a bit worried.


School had finally ended, you packed your things and bid goodbye to both Su Min and Mina as you walked your way to the gates.

 

As you were walking, someone suddenly grabbed you by the arm making you to almost let out a scream. The man placed his palm upon your mouth refraining you from screaming.

Your eyes widen as you slightly peeked a look at the guy that is holding you. He was wearing a hat so you couldn’t really see his face. He released your mouth and dragged you by your hand to the gates.

People around you eyed the both of you weirdly. The man had forced you to enter his car as he entered the car too. He took his hat off as you glared into him.

        

“Yah, Oh Sehun what the hell are you doing?”, You spoke, slightly gasping for air.

He gave a simple glare to you as you scoffed. “Yeah kidnap me just like that I love being kidnapped out of the sudden like that, yes!!!!!!”, You yelled loudly as he covered his ear.

“Hwan Hui, what the stop yelling”, He spoke as he stared into you with wide eyes. You stared back into him with flaming eyes.

“What’s wrong with you?! Can’t you just ask me to come with you like any normal person would do instead of dragging me around??!”, You spoke, slightly lowering your voice.

He sighed as he rolled his eye. “Okay, okay damn.”, He spoke and turned to front. “Mr Lee, please drive us to the hospital.”, Sehun spoke as the driver gave a nod.

 

You looked into him. “What?”, You spoke with a confused tone. He looked into you back. “My dad was admitted to hospital earlier. And out of the sudden he said that he really wants to see his daughter in law.”, Sehun spoke in a serious tone. You stared into him, as you softened a bit.

You cleared your throat as you lowered your gaze. “I-Is that why you didn’t came to school today?”, You asked, with a hint of concern lingering in your tone. “Because your dad was admitted to hospital?”.

He turned to look at you. “Yeah.”, He spoke. You sighed. “I’m, sorry for yelling… I was just shocked..”, you spoke, playing with your fingers. Sehun stared into you. “It’s okay, I’m sorry too for dragging you around like that.”, He spoke sincerely.

 

You smiled as you looked into him. The air became silent for a few seconds before Sehun let out a cough. “Yesterday,… why did you cried when you called me?”, he asked, the confusion in his tone was obvious.

Your eyes widen. “N-Nothing! I fell and I was so sad because the floor had betrayed me that’s why h-hahaha”, You spoke, mumbling quite way too fast. I’m the worst ing liar.

Sehun looked into you. “Ok then.”


After a while, you had finally arrived at The Hospital. Sehun looked into you. “Come, Hwan Hui. Let’s go.”, He spoke as you followed after him.

 

He knocked the door softly a few time. “Dad, it’s me.”

“Come in, Sehun.”, His dad answered softly from inside. You gulped trying to fight the nervous feel in your stomach. Sehun looked into you as you gave him a small nod. 

 

     He walked inside with you trailing behind. All of your fear and nervousness slips away almost immediately when Sehun’s father greeted you with a big smile across his face.

 

“Hwan Hui..”, His dad mumbled, the big smile not once leaving his face. You smiled back. “Hey,..”, You spoke, smiling. Sehun stared into you, his cold expression softening a bit.

“Come, come. Sit here.”, Sehun’s dad spoke, patting the sit next to him enthusiastically. You slightly giggled. “Sure.”, You spoke and walked past Sehun as you sat next to his dad.

Sehun walked and sat on the chair next to you. “So… Why did you wanted to see me, sir?”, You asked with a soft tone. Sehun’s dad let out a smile. “Come on, don’t call me sir. Call me dad, will you?”, He spoke in a sweet tone.

   Your eyes widen as you let out a laugh. “Ah,hahah d-dad? I’m n-not sure if I should....”, You spoke and turned to look at Sehun. Sehun was looking at you intensely. You sighed as you played with your fingers.

“H-How are you doing, dad..”, You whispered with a small smile as you looked into him. He let out a sincere smile as he laughed. “Hwan Hui, you’re very sweet.”, His dad spoke as he took your hand and wrapped it with his. You smiled as you lowered your gaze.

 

 “Sehun-ah, take care of Hwan Hui properly, eh?”, His dad spoke, his hand still holding your hand firmly.

                Sehun nodded his head. “I will, dad.”, Sehun spoke in a firm tone.

Out of the sudden, Sehun’s dad started tearing up. Your eyes widened as you held his hand tighter. “W-Why are you crying?”, You asked with concern. His dad released your hand as he wiped his tear.

 “I have been sick all my life. Yet all my life Sehun had taken a good care of me. He stayed with me, he poured his love to me, all I had was him and all he had was me. I’ve been worried for a while, who would be with him once I died? And now that you had appeared, I don’t worry as much anymore. You seem like a good girl.”, His dad spoke, his voice slightly cracking.

“Hwan Hui, I don’t want to die with the thoughts of my son suffering alone.. I don’t want that to happen. Please, take good care of him. Pour your love to him. Be a loyal wife. A good wife. That’s the only way I can die in peace.”, He added more, with a sad smile.

 

Your eyes widened. Your throat became dry as you were out of words. His dad started crying even harder. “S-Sir, please don’t cry…”, You mumbled, before bursting into tears too.

 

   Sehun stared into the both of you. “G-Guys please don’t cry I feel like crying too now..”, He murmured, as he furrowed his brows together preventing tears from falling.

As he watches the both of you crying like mad, he starts crying too. But even worse, he’s yelling- crying.

He covered his face, sobbing hardly as you too cried harder. The three of you were crying and sobbing like crazy and it doesn’t seem like it would stop soon.

 

The whole situation was ing hilarious.


Sehun’s dad had finally fallen asleep. You let out a weary sigh. Fortunately you had no shift at the amusement park for tonight. Sehun had finally returned with foods as he walked to you.

He passed the wrapped sandwich to you. You smiled as you murmured a small thank you. “Hey, thank you so much for spending your time with my dad. I’m very grateful for it.”, He spoke as he sat next to you.

You smiled as you looked into him. “It’s nothing. Plus, I like seeing him happy.”, You spoke, unwrapping the sandwich and starts eating it. He sighed.

 

“I’ve been very down lately. And my dad seems to realize that as he too starts being so quite lately. The news of him dying probably hit him hard. He doesn’t stop talking about marriage and how he wants me to be happy too. And then you bumped into me and stole my lip’s ity.”, He spoke, taking a sip of his coffee.

You stared into him with your mouth full. “Yah that kiss was an accident, okay? I didn’t mean to do steal your lip’s ity.”, You spoke as you took another bite.

Sehun sighed. “Still, I’m very thankful.”, He spoke as he ruffled your hair, yet his expression still remain serious. You stared into him. “Okay, how about this, you show me a smiling expression as a return of me doing all this?”, You spoke, slightly excited.

    He stared into you for a while. “I don’t know, Hwan. Why don’t you tell me a joke first? If it’s funny enough, I’ll smile.”, He spoke. You stared into him with a slight pout.

 

“Geez, okay, listen properly, okay?”, you spoke as you let out a small smile. “Yo mama so fat, when she asked for a water bed, they put a blanket on the ocean instead.”, you spoke, laughing.

You looked into Sehun. His face remained expressionless before he slowly let out a big laugh.

     

“That’s a good one.”, He spoke, still slightly laughing.

 

Your eyes widened. His laugh seemed very pure and special. It was probably because you had never seen him laugh, but it sends something down your stomach.

              Something quite undetectable.


Author’s note :- This is one long chapter cuz at first it was supposed to be two separated chapters but becoz I love yall I combined the out of em. Keep slaying yall