|| Eighteen ||

Mr. Weirdo

Chapter 18

The funeral was gloomy, and blurry. Everything happened slowly and Sehun didn’t spoke anything through the whole day.

        His eye looked lifeless, and his skin looked pale too. Sehun’s mother didn’t show up and you were kind of relieved. Both of your parents showed up, and grieved upon Sehun’s father’s death.

          While Sehun, remained silent.

 

That night, both of you went back home and neither the two of you spoke anything. You tried to give him some time to cure the pain, and you understand all of his action.

      He went straight to bed without eating anything, and it’s of course worrying you. So you decided to sleep next to him too, to warm his bruised heart, and to soften his aching heart.

 

As a tear escaped your eye, you thought of his dad. And how happy he looked during the wedding day. How loving and proud he looked while watching Sehun being a man.


Your eyes fluttered open as you looked into your right. You saw Sehun sleeping with his expression frowning and it seemed like he’s having a hard time breathing.

You decided not to wake him up and go prepare for school.

 

As you took a bath and changed into your uniform, you locked the door and took the bus to school.

During the bus ride, there seem to be nothing in your mind but the thought of Sehun. How can you make Sehun feel better? How can you stop Sehun from being back to his old self?

 

“Hwan Hui?”, A deep, familiar voice spoke as your eyes turned wide. You turned toward the source of the voice to be greeted by Chanyeol.

“S-Sunbae.”, you spoke, shock filling your tone. Chanyeol’s face brightened up as he let out a big smile. “What a coincidence.”, He spoke as you smiled in response.

You were not in the mood and somehow meeting him seems like a big burden. “Why didn’t you come to work yesterday?.”, Chanyeol spoke as your eyes widened. Work! You had totally forgotten about work as you let out a soft sigh.

 

          “It’s just, something came up.”, you spoke softly as you lowered your gaze. “I’m probably going to quit the work..”, You added followed by a small bitter laugh.

Chanyeol stared in shock as his mouths were opened just slightly. He was about to say something when the bus stopped.

 

The both of you had arrived by school as both of you stepped out of the bus. “Ah then, I’ll see you later, sunbae.”, You bid goodbye as you walked away, trying to leave Chanyeol as fast as possible.


The day went as usual, and both Su Min and Mina remained despicable. Somehow, it didn’t hurt you as much anymore. You’re starting to realize that they’re not worth the effort.

As school ended, you took your bag and walked out the class.


You returned back home just to found Sehun still sleeping. You let out a soft sigh as you shook his body just swiftly. “Sehun-ah.. wake up and eat something. You’ll get sick if you continue being like this..”, you spoke.

Sehun’s eye fluttered open as he stared into you. He slowly woke up and rubbed his eye. “What time is it?”, he spoke, his voice sounded rough and dry.

“It’s already 3..”, you answered as he looked into your outfit. “Were you from school?”, He asked more as you nodded. “Can you cook me.. something?”, Sehun added more as you gave him a soft smile and nodded.

 

           “Sure. I’ll cook you some porridge, okay? Go and take a bath and freshen yourself up.”, you spoke and pat him by the cheek just slightly.


Sehun ate the porridge silently as you eyed him. His pale skin seemed to be recovering but his eye remained lifeless.

“Sehun.”, you spoke softly as he turned his eye toward you.  “We’ll go through this together.”, You added with a soft smile as he stared into you. His expression was plastered with slight shock and his eye seemed to be filled with warmth.

“I hope we will.”


Author’s note:- /endless sigh/ Again I didn’t update last week I’m horrible :’( Thank you so much to everyone who’s reading and is still here with me. I promise a happy ending coming! :)