|| Seventeen ||

Mr. Weirdo

      Chapter 17

“Will you still be here for me tomorrow, dad?”, Sehun asked. It seemed like he was begging. It seemed like he was in a deep pain.

      His father stayed silence for a while, before smiling weakly. “I can’t promise you that, son.”

A tear escaped your eye as you let out a soft, yet barely audible sob.


It was almost midnight, and you were sitting next to Sehun with Sehun’s head on your shoulder. His father was sleeping soundly and aside from that, the room was in complete silence.

 

“He doesn’t want to do the surgery.”, Sehun spoke, breaking the silence. You lowered your gaze as you let out a soft sigh. “Maybe he just can’t bear the pain anymore..”, You replied in a soft tone as Sehun let out a sigh.

              “I don’t think I can go through this, Hwan Hui.”, Sehun added more as he shut both of his eye tight.

 

“You surely can, Sehun. I’m sure you can. Both of us will go through this together.”, You spoke as you placed your palm by the side of his head and played with his hair softly.

Sehun silenced, as he kept his eye shut.


Your eye fluttered open as you looked around. Memories of last night came rushing in as you let out a soft sigh. You searched around as you realized you are now sleeping on the couch and not the chair. Someone must have placed you there.

You saw Sehun’s dad still sleeping by the bed, but there was no signs of Sehun. You stretched your arm out as you let out a soft groan.

 

The ward’s door opened slowly as Sehun entered the room holding a bag of plastic. He made contact with you for a brief second and in his eye lies nothing. But coldness, and pain.

“You’re awake.”, He spoke with a motionless tone as you nodded your head softly.

                       The cold, emotionless robot-like Sehun was back.


The both of you ate the sandwich Sehun had bought earlier and the room was in complete silence. It was awkward and Sehun seemed off.

“We didn’t go to school today.. aha..”, You spoke softly as Sehun spoke nothing in reply. He quietly finished his sandwich and avoided your eye. You sighed as you silenced.

You do understand how he feels, but the cold treatment he’s giving you is just way too painful too bear. You took another glance at him as his eyes were both glued to the floor. You let out a soft sigh.

 

The silence was broken by the sound of Sehun’s father’s coughing loudly. His eyes were tearing up and his cough sounded dry and painful. “S-Sehun”, His father spoke, his words muffled by the sound of cough. “SS-Sehun!”, He slightly yelled as Sehun’s eye turned wide.

“Dad!”, Sehun yelled as he walked to the side of his father’s bed. “Dad!”, He let out another yell as rubbed the back of his dad soothingly.

          “Hwan Hui, call the doctor!”, He yelled as you stood there motionless, freaking out.

 

Sehun looked at you with wide eyes in anger. “Call the ing doctor!”, he yelled as you let out a gulp and nodded.  


The doctors and nurse came running as Sehun’s father’s coughed even harder. The doctor motioned for both Sehun and you to get out of the ward as both of you did as told.

 

         

Sehun sat by the chair as he massaged his temple. The sound of heels clicking grabs the attention of the both of you as you turned your head and was greeted by the face of his mother.

 

His mother kept her face straight as she sat next to Sehun.

           “How is your father?”, She asked with a cold tone as Sehun let out a frustrated sigh. “He’s in a critical condition.”, Sehun spoke, the concern in his tone was obvious and his worried expression revealed it all.

“Well, it is time for him to be dead already.”, His mother spoke coldly as Sehun’s eye turned wide. “Can you please just ing shut up for once in your ing life??!”, Sehun yelled, his voice turning slightly hoarse.

 

You were terrified of his sudden change. His mother doesn’t even seem shocked. “Oh well, if you’re going to act like such a cry baby, text me when he’s dead.”, His mother spoke angrily as she stand up and walked away.

“ you!”, Sehun yelled heartedly as you immediately sat next to him and soothes him down by rubbing his back. Sehun’s eye teared up as he turned to look at you. “Hwan Hui..”, He spoke softly as you hummed a soft ‘yes’ to him.

 

“Hwan Hui, please tell me everything’s going to be fine.”, Sehun burst into tears as you pulled him into your embrace. He placed his head by your chest as he sobbed softly. You shut your eyes tight as you fought the urge to cry.

“Ssh, everything will be fine.”, You spoke softly as you played with his hair.

 

The doctor came out of the ward, and the expression in his face wasn’t really great. You broke the hug as Sehun and you stand up to face the doctor.

“I’m sorry, Sir. We tried our best, we really did but your father is now in a better place.” He spoke softly. “We wish for you the best.”, He added more before walking away.

 

Sehun silenced as he lowered his gaze. You stared into him in pity.

“It’s okay, Sehun. Everything happens for a reason. God know what he’s doing.”, You spoke softly as Sehun burst into a loud sob.

“Why?!”, He spoke, slightly yelling. “Why would God do this to me?”, He added more, half-heartedly. You bite your lips as tear fell from your eye.

            “Why would God be so unfair to me?”, He added more, this time crying even louder.