|| Sixteen ||

Mr. Weirdo

   Chapter 16

Your eyes fluttered open as you were greeted by the ray light of sunshine. The figure lying beside you stiffened as you blinked a few times.

You stared into Sehun’s sleeping face. Silently admiring his beauty, as your lips softly lifted into a small smile. The thought of being this happy would never be real a few months ago. But at this moment, being with Sehun means everything.

Sehun’s eyelid fluttered open as his eye met yours. You let out a soft smile as he kept his gaze locked on your face. A tear escaped his eye as your eyes widened.

“H-Hey why are you crying?”, You asked in a shocked tone as he shut his eye tight. He took a deep breath and shook his head slowly. “You’re still here.”, He spoke softly. Your expression hardened as you stared into him.

 

“I’ll make breakfast, okay?”, you spoke as he opened his eye and let out a soft smile. You smiled back in reply as you stand up and walked toward the kitchen.


You were preparing your breakfast when suddenly Sehun walked to the kitchen with concern plastered all over his face. You stared into him. “What’s the matter, Sehun?”, you asked as he let out a soft sigh.

“Hospital called earlier, my father is in a critical condition.”, He spoke in a low tone as your eyes widened. “Let’s finish our breakfast and go visit him, okay?”, You spoke in a soft tone as he nodded.


The both of you arrived by the hospital as you and Sehun went to his father’s room.

His father was sleeping soundly and seems to be having a hard time breathing. It was saddening, he seemed to lose a lot of weight and his skin looked pale.

 

Sehun walked a few steps closer toward his father’s bed as he let out a sigh. “Dad..”, he whispered sadly.

Sehun’s father’s eye fluttered open as he let out a weak smile. “Sehun..”, He whispered and shut his eye tight. He seemed to be in a deep pain, it seemed like he can’t continue it anymore.

     “Dad.. please..”, Sehun whispered, his eyes getting teary. You bite your lip trying to fight the urge to cry. “Where’s Hwan Hui..?”, His dad asked in a soft tone, barely audible.

“She’s here, dad. She’s here next to me..”, Sehun replied as his expression hardened. Sehun’s father’s eye opened slowly as he looked into you.

He forced a smile as he stared into you. “Hwan Hui… you were so beautiful during your wedding.. a perfect match with Sehun..”, His dad spoke as his eye lightened up. You let out a soft smile as you stared into him.

 

“Dad, please don’t talk too much you’re getting weak..”, Sehun spoke in a scolding tone. “The doctor said there won’t be a long time left for me.. It’s okay, Sehun-ah…”, His dad spoke in an assuring tone as Sehun broke into tears.

“Dad, please. Don’t say that… please.”, Sehun spoke as he lowered his gaze. “Hwan Hui, can you-”, Sehun stopped his words as he choked on his tear. “Can you please leave me alone with my father just for a while?”, he continued as you nodded.

“Sure thing.”, you spoke as you walked out of the ward and closed the door shut.

You leaned in by the wall outside the ward as you let out a soft sigh.

                 Just when everything is going fine, this happens. You thought as you let out another sigh.

 

        You peeked in just enough to eavesdrop on what they’re saying, but the room was in complete silence except for Sehun’s small sobs. It was heart breaking.

“Everyone will eventually die, Sehun-ah..”, His father spoke softly, but Sehun spoke nothing in reply. You closed both of your eyes tight, trying to shut the pain.

“Dad, please.”, Sehun spoke. “Not now, at least.”, He added, his voice cracking up.

 

       You lowered your gaze as a tear fell down your eye. This is way too saddening, way too painful.

 

“Will you still be here for me tomorrow, dad?”, Sehun asked. It seemed like he was begging. It seemed like he was in a deep pain.

            His father stayed silence for a while, before smiling weakly. “I can’t promise you that, son.”


Author’s note :- I am so so sorry for not updating last week and I deeply apologize too for the short update. I’ve been very busy with school and I also have an important exam by this year and I hope you guys don’t get mad at me!

It seems like I won’t be able to update by next week too because of a scout camping but I promise, I will be updating with a long chapter by the next next week!

I love you guys so much and thank you for the support <333