The Reveal

Lovesick
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kim Jong Kook was walking around the road for searching a part time work. He already choose to work on the cafe or convenience store to fulfill his needed everyday. Why? Because he haven’t enough money. It just left 40.000 won on his wallet, and he can’t use his card because the money that he save on the bank was from Ji Hyo’s appa company. He would feel so bad if he already divorce with his daughter but still using the account for fulfill his life.

“Appa!”

Jong Kook turn his head to the right, although he heard it so slow, he feel like he was know who the owner of that voice. But after looking around, he found nothing. Maybe it only my delution. So he decide to turn back and continue walking.

“Appa! Appa!”

He stopped again. This time he was sure that it was for him. And from that cute voice...

Jong Kook turn his body to left, and his eyes bigger when he saw Soo Young was standing across the street, waving her hand as she still calling him ‘Appa’. He feel shocked and happy in the same time. But suddenly he was curious. Is Soo Young was alone? Where is Ji Hyo? How can Ji Hyo letting Soo Young being alone in the edge of street?

Jong Kook reply her as he smiled and waving his hand back to Soo Young. “Stay there, Soo Young-ie! Don’t going anywhere!” he said half shout because it so noisy on the street.

But Soo Young didn’t hear it. She running toward the zebra cross to meet with him. Jong Kook following her as he also running toward the zebra cross. The cross lamp was still red. I hope Soo Young understand enough to not crossing the street when the lamp was still red, And she was. Following some people in front of her, she was waiting the cross lamp until it turn to green light. Jong Kook smiled. Its the smart Soo Young-ie, he thought.

Few second later the light was turning to green and Soo Young was running happily, break through the crowded people in front of her. Jong Kook smiling as he also crossing the street and when he turn his head to the right, there was a car coming to Soo Young’s direction. He running bravely toward her as he jump and hug her small body. And after that he heard a horn from the car then it was turn dark.

 

 

 

 

 

“Appa, appa...” Soo Young crying in Ji Hyo’s embrace when they’re on the way to the hospital. After that accident, Ji Hyo immediately called ambulance and bring Jong Kook to the hospital. He was fainted with many blood on his body. Ji Hyo also crying silenty when she hugging Soo Young. She feel scared and afraid if she will lose him.

“Soo Young-ie...” Ji Hyo called her daughter with soft voice. “What happened? How can you met appa in the street?”

Soo Young look at her mother’s eyes, still sobbing. “When Soo Young-ie accompany umma in the cashier, Soo Young-ie look at the outside. And Soo Young-ie saw appa across the street. So, Soo Young-ie running and shout calling appa.” She stopped a bit then continue, “At first appa didn’t hear Soo Young-ie, but after Soo Young-ie calling appa again, he turn his body and saw Soo Young-ie... He smiled and waving to Soo Young-ie. Soo Young-ie really want to meet appa, so Soo Young-ie run to the zebra cross to met with appa. Soo Young-ie waiting the cross lamp until it turn to green light, then running toward appa. But at that time,” she still sobbing and look at her mother’s eyes sadly.

“Soo Young-ie heard a horn from a car that coming fastly and suddenly appa run and hug Soo Young-ie, until the car was hit appa’s body. Appa still opened his eyes when he hugged Soo Young-ie, even appa ask Soo Young-ie if Soo Young-ie okay, Soo Young-ie nodded then appa was sleeping...”

Ji Hyo remove her tears with her palm as she hugged Soo Young tightly. She so afraid. She afraid if she can’t apologize to him for what she doing. She really miss him. She still love him. She didn’t want him to leave her again.

“Umma, appa will be okay, right? Appa just sleeping for a moment, right? Soo Young-ie will meet appa again in the future, right?” ask Soo Young.

She caress her daughter soft hair. “Yes, dear. Appa was strong. Appa will be okay. Appa will back together with us again. Believe it,”

Ji Hyo remove her right hand fom Soo Young’s hair, then hold Jong Kook’s hand and squeezing it. Oppa, please hold a bit. We will arrive at hospital soon. I know you’re strong enough, right? Please, hold out for me and Soo Young-ie.

 

 

They’re arrived at hospital and Jong Kook immediately bringing to the emergency room. Ji Hyo carrying Soo Young-ie, running with the nurse until the emergency room. But the nurse was stopping her when she trying to enter the emergency room. So, she give up and sit on the chair with Soo Young.

Her breath was uncontrollable, her leg felt so weak and her vision was blurring because of her tears. She covered her face and crying badly. Her dream was come true. Her bad dream. Why? Why it must be real?

Suddenly she hear a footstep coming to her direction, she wipe all her tears and lift her face. But what a surprise, the person who coming to her was Yoon Eun Hye.

“Song Ji Hyo-ssi?” said Eun Hye disbelief when she already standing in front of her. “What are you doing here?”

Ji Hyo take a deep breath. “I’m the one who bring Jong Kook oppa to the hospital,”

“Ji Hyo-ssi, are you okay? You look so pale,”

Ji Hyo trying to smile to her. “I’m okay,” but after that she fainted in front of Eun Hye.

 

 

 

 

 

Ji Hyo opened her eyes slowly, scanning the whole thing that she saw first. There’s many people around her. Her father, her sister, her daughter, her mother in law, her brother in law, and... Yoon Eun Hye.

Suddenly she remember something. Kim Jong Kook. How was him now? Is he okay?

She trying to wake up but her head still feel dizzy. “Rest for a moment, Ji Hyo-ah,” said her mother in law when she coming closer to her.

“O..oppa.. Jong Kook oppa...” Ji Hyo said as her tears start to fall down.

“He still in emergency room now, don’t worry. He will be okay.” Said her mother in law as she hold Ji Hyo’s hand. Ji Hyo can’t hide her sadness and hug her mother in law tightly.

Suddenly a nurse coming to her room. “Excuse me, may I know who was Kim Jong Kook’s family?”

Jong Kook’s mother release her hug from Ji Hyo. “We are, nurse. I’m his mother. What happened with my son?”

“Kim Jong Kook-ssi was lost many blood. Our blood stock for AB type was empty. Who is the person who had AB bloodtype and want to donor it for Kim Jong Kook-ssi?”

Ji Hyo was hoping that her bloodtype was AB, but she wasn’t. Her bloodtype was B.

“I am,”

All of pair eyes was looking to Eun Hye’s direction. “Sure. Please follow me,” said the nurse as she going out from the room.

“Eun Hye-yah,” Jong Kook mother called her. Eun Hye stopped for a moment and turn her head.

“Yes, eomoni?”

“Thank you, for helping my son,”

“Ah, no problem, eomoni. Jong Kook oppa was my best friend, so I was here to help him when he need me,” said Eun Hye as she bow and leaving the room.

Deep in her heart, Ji Hyo feel so sad. She was the one who should help her husband in this situation. But she can’t. The one who help her husband was her husband’s ex girlfriend.

“Unnie, please take a rest. We will be here for you and Jong Kook oppa. Don’t worry. He will be okay,” said Ji Eun.

And Ji Hyo closed her eyes again, not for take a sleep. She closed her eyes for her tears that she can’t hold again.

 

 

 

 

Ji Eun sitting on the couch with Soo Young’s head laying on her thigh. She feel pity for Soo Young. She look so tired. Tired because of crying for her umma and her appa.

“Ji Eun-ah,”

Ji Eun lift her head and found her unnie already sitting on the hospital bed. She stand up and walking toward her unnie. “Why unnie? Why you didn’t going to sleep again?”

“Please take care of Soo Young for a moment. I want to look at Jong Kook oppa’s condition,”  Ji Hyo said as she put down her feet and take her sandals.

“Unnie you shouldn’t get up from your bed! You still weak and you should take more rest!” Ji Eun said as she hold Ji Hyo’s wrist. “Jong Kook oppa was okay, no need to worry. Appa and his family was there now,”

“No, Ji Eun-ah, I want to see Jong Kook oppa,” Ji Hyo said as she release Ji Eun’s hand from her wrist and walking out from her room.

 

 

 

 

“Appa?”

Ji Hyo’s appa turn his head looking at her daughter was standing in front of him. He stand up, his eyes grow bigger.

“Ji Hyo-ah what are you doing here? You should take a rest!” said Ji Hyo’s appa.

Ji Hyo sighed. “I am okay, appa. By the way, why are you here? You already met with Jong Kook oppa? How is he?”

Her appa was silent for a moment. He look at his daughter sadly.

“Appa what’s wrong? Jong Kook oppa was okay, right? Please answer me, Appa!” said Ji Hyo as she holding both of her appa’s hand.

Because her appa not giving her answer, Ji Hyo decide to enter the room immediately and when she opened the door, all of pair eyes was on her, include Kim Jong Kook’s eyes.

“Ji Hyo-yah? What are you doing here?” asked her mother in law.

She didn’t answer it; She only focusing her gaze on one pair eyes. The one who laying on the hospital bed with a bandage on his forehead, his head, and his feet.

“Umma, I think we should give time for them to talk. Let’s go, Eun Hye-ah,” said Jong Hoon as he lead them to the door. His umma and Eun Hye nodded, take a step to the door.

“Eun Hye-ah, p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter