The Clarify

Lovesick
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ji Hyo wake up from sleep and slowly rub her eyes. She look at the clock, it 8.00 a.m. “I already feeling well but why I still sleep in this hospital,” she stretch her arms before get up from the bed and went to bathroom.

After she washed her face and brush her teeth, she went to the couch but there was nothing. “Where is appa and Ji Eun?” ask herself.

Then, she going out from her room and when she open the door, she saw her appa and Ji Eun who chatting together in the chair outside her room. Why they didn’t chat in my room?

“I felt pity for Jong Kook, actually..”

Ji Hyo stop her step when she heard Jong Kook’s name metioned from her appa’s mouth. What are they talking about?

She decide to hear their conversation from the door. She was so curious why they talking about Jong Kook.

“He will start taking a therapy for tomorrow, so he will not be able to meet us. The therapy was taking almost six hours, and from what I read on the internet... It must so pain when he do the therapy,” said her appa.

Therapy? Why Jong Kook oppa doing a therapy?

“I already talk to him before, whether he want to take a therapy or decide to take a surgery for his feet. He said he prefer doing a therapy for a long time than doing a surgery. Because he know if he take the surgery, the result will be 50:50, whether his feet will be recover like beginning or it should be amputation,”

Amputation? Why? What’s wrong with his feet? Ji Hyo more curious about it.

“So he decide to take a therapy, although he know therapy will eat more time than do a surgery and if he want to recover he should endure the pain and work hard for it,”

“Yeah, I also know about it. Jong Kook oppa said he will do it as he can,”

Ji Hyo feel her head was spinning. What... what happen with Jong Kook oppa’s feet? It sound so serious and... She get out from her room then stand up in front her appa and her sister.

“What’s wrong with Jong Kook oppa? Why he should take a therapy or surgery? Please tell me what happen!” Ji Hyo said loudly as her appa and her sister felt shocked with her sudden appear.

“Ji Hyo-ah, calm down...” said her appa as he stand up and bring Ji Hyo to sat down beside him and her sister.

Ji Hyo’s tears fall down on her cheek. “Please appa, tell me the truth... I was so afraid about Jong Kook oppa...”

And her appa tell about Jong Kook that his feet was injured bad. He can’t move his feet and doctor said it was half paralyzed. He had two choice, whether he want to take surgery or take a therapy.

“He choose to take the therapy. Although therapy was not fast as surgery, but he said it will be the best decision. He also afraid if he take surgery, his feet will be completely paralyzed because the chance of recover only 50:50, so he said it better take a therapy with long time than doing a surgery with uncertainty,”

Ji Hyo cyring more hard. It was make her heart more pain. Her husband was injured so bad, but she can’t help him. How can she help him if he was hate her so much.

“Unnie, calm down.. If Soo Young-ie saw you like this, she also feel bad and crying like you...” said Ji Eun while she tapped her unnie’s shoulder.

“He.. He was injured so bad.. He willing to help Soo Young-ie in that accident... Although... Although at that time he know that Soo Young wasn’t his biological child... But he still helped her, he threw himself to save her..”

“He must love her so much, Ji Hyo-ah..” said her appa as he side-hugged her. He knew that Ji Hyo really regret for what she doing before to Jong Kook. She must feel so bad to him.

“But Ji Hyo-ah, I want to ask you something...” her appa said and continue, “Do you still love Kim Jong Kook?”

Ji Hyo stopped crying and take a deep breath before answer, “Of course,”

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Appa, Soo Young-ie want eat ice cream. Does appa want it too?”

Soo Young asked her appa as she laying beside him on his bed. After wake up this morning, Soo Young immediately going to her appa’s room to checking for him. She also stay with him and chatting with him so he wouldn’t be so lonely.

“Appa didn’t want anything, appa just want Soo Young-ie beside appa..” he answered as he kissed her hair. Soo Young only smiling and hugged her appa tightly.

Just after that the door was opened and Ji Hyo was appear behind it. Jong Kook felt unconfortable and didn’t dare to look at her eyes.

“Ummaa...” Soo Young get up and run toward her umma.

Ji Hyo catch her daughter as she carry her and walking toward Jong Kook’s bed. “Since when Soo young-ie here with appa? Umma was so afraid because when umma wake up Soo Young-ie is nowhere to be seen,”

“Mianhaeyo umma, Soo Young-ie just missed appa so much and Soo Young-ie went to appa’s room,” Soo Young answered her umma.

Ji Hyo smiled to her daughter, “Gwaenchana,” then change her gaze to Jong Kook. “So, how is appa today? Is he feeling sick again?”

Soo Young release herself from her umma and sat in the edge of bed beside Jong Kook. “Appa said he was okay, as long as Soo Young-ie always beside him. Right, appa?”

Jong Kook had no choice but simling to his daughter and nodded. He know that Ji Hyo had been looking for him but he pretend like nothing.

Cham, kotjimal. You’re only want other people not to be afraid to you, oppa. Ji Hyo looking at Jong Kook sadly. She really want to hugged him now. But suddenly an idea has came up to her mind.

“Soo Young-ie, can you move for a while? Umma also missed appa and umma want to hugged appa too, can’t I?”

“Of course!” Soo Young answer bravely as she get down from his bed and push her umma’s body toward her appa. “Appa must be happy because appa said appa also missed umma,”

Ji Hyo’s eyes widened as she half-believe with her daughter’s word. She change her gaze toward Jong Kook and he felt so shy.

Jong Kook felt so embarassed with himself. Why she could tell her umma about that? Ah, ani. Why I must tell her if I missed her umma? Aish. He can’t do anything, only avoiding her gaze and trying to controlling his heartbeat.

Ji Hyo smiled as she sat on the edge of his bed. He was avoiding her gaze. She know that he still mad at her. So, she decide to hugged him immediately.

“Jong Kook oppa, I missed you... So much,” Ji Hyo mumbled in his left ear as she enjoying herself with her hug. Her heart beat abnormally.

Jong Kook admitted that he also missed her. So much. And he was enjoying himself on her hug. But he still feel weird and a bit disappointed with her. He only left silent and trying to control his heartbeat, so Ji Hyo wouldn’t feel it beat so fast.

“Umma, should  Soo Young-ie go out from here and left just umma and appa?”

Ji Hyo release her hug then look at her cute daughter. “Aniyo, Soo Young-ie should be here too. We are family. Soo Young-ie was umma and appa’s child, so Soo Young-ie should be here to completing our happpines,” she sat in the chair beside his bed then stretch her hand to welcoming Soo Young.

Soo Young smiled as she run to hugged her umma and sat in her lap. Now, they was there. For him. Ji Hyo felt like she missed the old memory about them. She really missed their time being together.

“Appa, appa should be happy because Soo Young-ie and umma was here for appa.. We are being together again.. Appa was so happy, right?”

Jong Kook made a small smile to his daughter. Yeah. He feel so happy. Being with the person that he loved the most. But he feel sad that his condition was not supposed him. He feel no use.

Just as she look at his eyes, she know that he was feel sad. She take his right hand, holding and squeezing it. And finally her gaze met with him.

“Oppa, just tell me if you feel hurt,”  Ji Hyo said as she still gazing him. And it silent for a moment.

“Appa, why appa so quiet? Before umma here, appa was talking happily with Soo Young-ie..” Soo Young said as she also hold his appa’s hand. “Was appa mad with umma? Was umma had a mistake?”

Jong Kook flick his eyes three times as he change his gaze to his daughter. He was so hesitate to answered her.

“Appa, answer Soo Young-ie...” Soo Young said as she shaked her appa’s hand.

Ji Hyo look at him as she know the answer. “Soo Young-ie,” she take her small hand and hold it. “Its not like that. Maybe appa just feel tired. So, we should let him take a rest for a while, ne?”

Soo Young just look at her umma as she nodded disappointed. She crawl over his bed then kissed his cheek. “Appa just rest, okay? Soo Young-ie and umma will be here again tonight,”

Jong Kook just smiled awkwardly to his daughter. Then, he waved to her and she waved back to him as she crawled down from his bed.

“Umma should kiss appa too, so appa will feel better,”

Both Jong Kook and Ji Hyo widened their eyes after hearing Soo Young’s word. They immediately looking at Soo Young and she only looking at them innocently.

Ji Hyo want to smile but she hold it because it will feel weird. Her daughter know her so well. She know that her umma also want to kissed her appa. So, she leaned closer to him, closer and closer without lefting her gaze on him, then she kissed his lips softly.

She enjoy the kiss as she closed her eyes. She didn’t move her lips, afraid if he will pulled himself.  He also look enjoying the kiss. Its been a long time since their last kissed.

After a moment, she opened her eyes then release her lips from him. Their face still so closed, even Ji Hyo could feel his hot breath blowing on her face. She look at him and he look back at her.

She made a wide smile and said, “Take care of yourself, oppa. I will be here again, for you. I love you, yeobo” she said as she get up and take Soo Young to get out from his room.

“I love you too, Ji Hyo-ah”

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Umma, where are you going?” Soo Young asked when she saw her umma was get down from her bed and take a step to the door.

Ji Hyo stopped then smile to her daughter. “Umma want to call Ji Eun imo to stay with you here, because umma will sleep in appa’s room,”

“Umma will sleep with appa?” Soo Young widened her eyes. “Soo Young want to sleep with appa too!” she too excited and jumping in front her umma.

“Aniya, umma will take care of appa, not sleep with appa...” Ji Hyo said as she bent down on her knees. “Soo Young-ie want to accompany umma to take care for appa?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter