Chapter 6: Settle With A Game

Two Enemies In Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sun was blazing hot and they were feeling tired and hot. "My legs are getting sore," said Ga Young. Kyuhyun was fanning himself. Angel was flying at low altitude to keep herself from sun burn. "Me too," said Gabriel. "Let's stop for awhile and grab a snack." Everyone stop and rest their feet. Gabriel took out some bits of doughnuts and gave to his friends. "I'm sorry if this is too small for you, big guy," he told Flynn. "No worries. I have a sandwich here," said Flynn. And he took out a giant size sandwich and ate it. "Where are we heading next?" Prince Marcus asked. "After the fairies' village, we should be heading towards the gnomes' home," replied Gabriel. 

After a quick snack, everyone is back on their feet and went to the home of the gnomes. Just then, Prince Marcus heard noises. He warned the others to keep quiet. Flynn saw a group of nymphs running for their lives. They didn't even noticed the gang. Prince Marcus managed to catched one of the nymphs. "Excuse me? Why are you running?" he asked. "Run for your lives! An ogre is coming! He's planning to eat us!" the nymph said and was transformed into a peach tree. Ga Young saw a big ogre coming towards their direction. "Me hungry! Me want food!" 

"That ogre looks hungry," said Kyuhyun. The ogre snickered when he saw the group and his lips. "Wow! Free food!" he said and he began to charged. Gabriel drew out his sword. "Stand back. I'll fight this fella." The prince also drew his sword out. "Count me in." But before they can even start, Flynn step in. "Allow me to handle this monster," he said. Gabriel and the prince put away their swords and let their giant friend handle the ogre. Flynn grabbed the ogre, tied him into a knot and threw him away. Far, far away. 

"It's a good thing we have a giant to protect us," Gabriel chuckled. Prince Marcus also chuckled. "Hooray for Flynn!!" the others cheered. The nymphs transformed back to their own self. "Thank you for saving the forest. Allow us to show you our gratitude," said one of the nymphs. She plucked a maple leaf from her head band and gave it to the prince. "We like to give you this leaf as a reward. Thanks again." Another nymph gave a handful of seeds. "These are magical seeds. Whenever you plant these seeds, it will grow into a very tall tree. You might need this during your journey," she said. "And also, they can grow into any crops when desire."

The prince thanked the nymphs for their gifts and resume their journey. The nymphs waved good bye. "Good luck saving Maxinne." And they disappeared. Angel placed the seeds and the maple leaf in her bag. "Great! Two down, four more to go," she said. "I hope the ribbon and seeds will help us, even though we have no idea what to do with them," said Kyuhyun. "Maybe in the future, we might be able to use them for a good purpose," said the prince. 

 

By the time the gang reaches the gnomes' cottages, it was almost dusk. "We need to find a place to stay fast. It will soon be night time," said Prince Marcus. "We can't stay in an inn. The gnomes' houses are too small," said Flynn. "Don't worry, big guy. We'll find a way," said Gabriel. He asked a gnome on where to stay for the night. The gnome looked at them with surprise. "You sure are big and tall, especially the giant. You can stay at a nearby shed just outside this village." He pointed to the faraway shed where they could stay. "Thank you."

When they got there, the shed is too small to have 6 people stay inside. Prince Marcus went inside to investigate. After looking around, he turned to his friends. "There are two beds inside. Looks like only two people can stay inside this tiny shed. The rest have to sleep outside." Everyone think about who can stay in the shed and who are the ones staying outside. Then, Gabriel spoke up. "I think the prince should sleep inside the shed, since he's the prince." Everyone nodded their heads with agreement. "Well, if you insist," said Prince Marcus.

Now, all that's left is to find another person. "I volunteer to stay inside the shed. I don't like sleeping on the ground," said Ga Young

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter