Chapter 3: Into The Book

Two Enemies In Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyuhyun found a key inside the cabinets. "I guess this must be the key to the book," he said. "Great! Let's open the book and read it," said Ga Young. She grabbed the key and was about to open the book. But Kyuhyun stopped her. "Wait! I don't know if we should open the book. How do we know it's safe to read it? It can be dangerous. Maybe the letters on the book is a warning," he said, feeling something is not right with the book. Ga Young sighed and rolled her eyes. "Come on! It's just a book! Like any other ordinary book! I mean, what harm can it do to us?"

"Have you ever read this book yet?" Kyuhyun asked. "No. But we'll just have a quick peep," replied Ga Young. She unlocked the book and began to read, against Kyuhyun's worries. Unfortunately, the whole book is written in the same language. "Great! We've opened the book and it's all in that weird alphabets again," Kyuhyun groaned. "There are pictures in the book. Maybe we can depict them using our own words," said Ga Young. 

Together, they sat down to depict the pictures in the book. "They're just fairy tale stories," said Kyuhyun. When Ga Young flipped through a page with a gray picture, something strange began to happened. Wind came gushing in the attic. The curtains were flowing. "Uh oh! What did you do?" asked Kyuhyun, feeling scared. Ga Young also feel scared. "I don't know! I just turn the page into this part of the story!" 

Soon, a tornado came out from the page and began to the rivals inside. They screamed for their lives as they hang on to some furnitures. But it was no use. The wind is too strong for them to hold longer. They were sent inside the book and whirl all the way down, down, down........

 

Until at last, they bumped on the ground. "Where are we?" asked Ga Young. She and Kyuhyun looked at the surroundings. The sky was dark. Black clouds were forming. The trees were all blackened. "Ga Young, I don't think we're in Korea anymore. That tornado has us into the book. We're inside the book now!" said Kyuhyun. Ga Young let out a soft gasp. "Oh no! How are we gonna get home?"

Kyuhyun crossed his arms. "This is all your fault! I told you that book is dangerous!" he scolded. "How can it be my fault? I don't know that this strange book can lead us into its world!" Ga Young snapped back. They began to argue at each other. Just then, Kyuhyun heard a sound. "Shh! Something is coming!" he hushed. Ga Young also listened. "Yeah! I heard it too."

A few flying monkeys came towards them. "Intruders!" one shouted. "Get them!" They threw chains at the rivals, trapping them. "What the....?" Ga Young was trying to break free. "I can't move!" she shouted. Kyuhyun was struggling as well. "Neither can I!" he said. He turned to the strange monkeys. "Let us go, you freaks!!" The monkeys laughed. "You're traspassers who are trying to rescue the fair maiden!" one monkey said. "We're taking you to our master and locked you up!" 

"We don't know what you're talking about!" said Ga Young. "We're just humans from another world who got into your world." The monkeys paid no attention to her. "Silence! Bring them into the castle!" the leader said. The monkeys did as they were told. 

Suddenly, a strange boomerang came and cut off the chains, setting Ga Young and Kyuhyun free. "Leave them alone, you beasts!!" a voice yelled. Out come a young stranger who is an elf. "Get him!!!" the leader screeched. The troops began to attack the stranger. Ga Young and Kyuhy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter