Chapter 5: Getting Acquaintance

Two Enemies In Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Before the sun even rises, Kyuhyun was the first person to wake up. He saw Ga Young sleeping soundly. He remembered the prince has ordered everyone to be awake at dawn to start the quest. He quickly shook her. "Hey! Sleeping beauty! Wake up!" he called. Ga Young was shocked of the shaking. She slowly opened her eyes. "My darling? Is it you?" she asked. Kyuhyun, feeling disgust, said to her, "Yes! It's your darling." Ga Young squealed with fright. "You're not my darling!" she said. "I know. I decide to play along," said Kyuhyun. "Now, wake up. We need to meet everyone by dawn. The sooner we finished this quest and find this Maxinne, the sooner we get home." 

Ga Young got up as quick as a flash. "I can't wait till we get home," she said. There was a knock on the door. Kyuhyun opened it and standing there was a servant. "I see that you're up on time. Good. Follow me. The prince is waiting in his private living room," said the servant. Kyuhyun and Ga Young followed him to the private living room, where Marcus was at a table full of delicious food. There were cakes, biscuits, tea and sorts of cheese. "Good morning, you two."

"Good morning, Your Highness," they greeted him with a bow. "Please have a seat," said Marcus. They sat down to have a gourmet meal. "These look delicious," said Ga Young, drooling. Marcus chuckled. "I thought I might change the meal for you, since you're my guests." Kyuhyun took a sip of his tea but it was too hot. "Ow!!" He got burned on the lips. Ga Young snickered, much to his annoyance. Marcus asked the servant to give Kyuhyun some ice and they did. "Please be careful, Kyuhyun," he told him.

"So, how does it feel to be nearer to home?" Marcus asked while he sips on his tea. "It was great! I can't wait to see my mom and Min Ri again," replied Ga Young. The prince smiled. "Yes. I have to agree that there's no place like home." Kyuhyun bite on his cheese. "I'm sorry that I didn't managed to get to know you more yesterday. Perhaps you can tell me about your lives. I like to know more. Were you two friends in your world?" Marcus suggested. 

Ga Young smiled nervously. "To tell you the truth, we're not really good friends. We were rivals since childhood. We like to compete in our studies and other things we're good at. For example, I said I was good in video games and he said he can beat me in Maths," she told her story. Marcus felt excited to hear more. "We had a little contest on equations before. I was determined to beat him. Unfortunately, we both got all the equations correct," Ga Young continued. The prince laughed. 

Kyuhyun was also reminiscing the past. "We really fought a lot back then. Whenever we want something, we demand for it." Then he look at Ga Young. "Remember the time I snatch the console game from you?" Ga Young nodded her head. "I was about to play but you took it away without asking me," she said, crossing her arms. "Hey! You weren't even playing back then!" Kyuhyun shot back. "You could at least ask me," said Ga Young. Marcus quickly broke in the argument before it gets worse. "Okay. I can see that you're rivals. But remember, now that you're stuck here, you need to work together to get home. If you're gonna bicker like this the whole journey, you're getting nowhere. Try not to fight too much." 

Ga Young and Kyuhyun look at each other. They have to try their best to work together in order to complete the quest and get home. Not wanting to disappoint the prince, they agree. "It's not gonna be easy," they said. "I know. This is the best time to start now," said Marcus. The servant approached them. "Excuse me, Your Highness. Flynn, Angel and Gabriel have arrived. They are waiting at th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter