Chapter 4: Training

Two Enemies In Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sun rises over the hills. Ga Young and Kyuhyun were sleeping peacefully. Ga Young was murmuring some words in her sleep. Kyuhyun was snoring very loud. There was a knock on the door. "Excuse me in there!" the voice called. The sound woke Ga Young first. She opened her eyes, hopefully she was at home and everything about into the book was a dream. But no. She was still inside the prince's castle. "Who is it?" she asked while rubbing her eyes. "It's me! Breakfast is served in the dining hall. Please don't let the prince wait," the voice replied. 

Ga Young woke up and stretch her arms. She shook Kyuhyun who was still snoring. "Hey! Wake up!" she called. But there was no respond. Ga Young sighed and shook him again. "Wake up, sleepyhead! It's time to go!" she called in a loud voice. Just then, Kyuhyun, with eyes still closed, grabbed Ga Young's cheeks and began to kiss her lips! Feeling annoyed and shocked, Ga Young punched him in the face. "OW!!" cried Kyuhyun. He opened his eyes at last and saw Ga Young wiping her lips. 

"What did you do that for?!" shouted Kyuhyun. "You just interrupted my daydream!!" Ga Young smug at him. "Well, sorry to disturb your fantasy dream. But we gotta go to the dining hall. His Royal Highness is waiting," she said. Then, she punched his arm. Kyuhyun whined in pain. "Why did you do that?! You crazy girl!!" Ga Young clasped her hands. "That was for kissing me on purpose!!" she said in a loud voice. 

Marcus was already eating his meal when his guests arrived. "Good morning, you two," he greeted. "Did you have a good sleep? I hope the room is convenient for you." Ga Young and Kyuhyun put on a fake smile as they sat down. "Oh, yes! It's comfortable," said Ga Young. Kyuhyun fake a laugh. "We slept well, thank you." Both of them exchange frustrating glares when the prince is not looking. The servants brought out their meal. It was a bowl of oatmeal. 

Ga Young and Kyuhyun just stare at their meals. "Plain oatmeal for breakfast?" Ga Young asked in a soft voice. Kyuhyun scoop up a spoonful and popped it into his mouth. To his shock, it taste very flat! "What's wrong?" asked Marcus. Not wanting to make the prince disappointed, Kyuhyun said nothing is wrong. "Have some sugar or honey. It will make your oatmeal taste better," said Marcus as he passed the bowl of sugar and honey towards his guests. "Thank you." Ga Young and Kyuhyun added them into their meal. Ga Young took a bite and it taste much better. 

"It's a good thing I never ate it first," she said proudly. Kyuhyun raised his eyebrows, feeling jealous. "Yeah, yeah, yeah!" he said softly. After breakfast, Gabriel came into the castle. He bowed before the prince. "Good morning, Your Highness. I'm here just as you ordered," he greeted. "Excellent. Now, you two go out into the training ground with Gabriel. He will teach you all the fighting skills. Learn well." 

Gabriel gave two swords to Ga Young and Kyuhyun. "During the quest, you will face lots of dangerous enemies, especially those who worked for the wicked witch. First, you need to practice fighting with the swords before I can teach you the next step. Try it now." Ga Young and Kyuhyun practiced their skills as hard as they can. Ga Young felt that the sword is too heavy for her to hold. Her arms were tired.

"You're tired already? We've just started," said Kyuhyun, clicking her tongue. "This sword is too heavy!" said Ga Young. Kyuhyun chuckled at her. "You ought to do more exercises. You're out of shape." Ga Young glared at him. "As if you exercise everyday," she said. "Of course I do. Compare to you," said Kyuhyun. "All you do is play console games instead of going outdoors to play." Ga Young was getting upset by his remarks. She began to picked up the sword. "I'll show you, Mr Show off!" 

"Hey! No arguments during training! You're here to learn, not to bicker!" Gabrield scolded them. "If you wanna get home, you gotta concentrate and learn well. The prince is counting on you." Ga Young and Kyuhyun quickly apologized and get back to their training. 

 

Meanwhile, in the darkest part of the kingdom, the evil witch named Azula was holding the prince's true love, Maxinne, in hostage. Maxinne is now under a spell of eternal sleep by her. Azula was checking her face in the mirror. "Mirror, mirror, on the wall. Who's the most powerful person of all? Me, of course!" And she let out an evil laugh. The monkeys also laughed along.

Azula began to retell her story. "I remember both me and Maxinne have the most powerful magic in the kingdom. But she does more good deeds with her magic than I do! Everyone loves her! Now that I've got her as hostage, the prince will be begging me to let her go. Once I have him in my power, I shall take over his entire kingdom and everyone will bow before me!!"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter