Chapter 12: The Dark Forces

Two Enemies In Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As they reached the garden, they noticed a gardener looking sad. "Greetings, there. I am Prince Marcus. We need some elf berries for our journey," the prince introduced himself. "I'm sorry. You can't have them," said the gardener. "Why not?" asked Angel. "Everything in the garden are eaten by thw witch's monkeys! Including the berries!" the gardener cried. Ga Young saw that the garden is bare without any crops. "Oh dear!" she gasped. "How are we going to get the berries now?"

"Maybe if we help the gardener grow some crops back, we might be able to get them," Kyuhyun made a suggestion. "Angel, do you still have those magic seeds?" Angel searched for them in her bag. "Yep. But these are the last batch of seeds in the bag. Are you sure you want to use them all?" Kyuhyun nodded his head. "This is an emergency. We need to get the berries and head straight to the castle right away," he told her. Ga Young agree with her friend. "He is right, Angel. After all, why keep them if we can use them for a good purpose?"  

Angel smiled and gave them the magic seeds. "Sir, we can help you by growing these magic seeds. It's a gift from the nymphs," Kyuhyun told the gardener and he was pleased. "I would be eternally grateful." Kyuhyun and Ga Young plant the seeds into the soil and the vegetables, fruits, flowers and other plants began to grow normally again. The gardener became so happy. "Oh, thank you, you two! Now my garden is filled with colourful crops again!" 

"Yeah. The crops are back again. But I don't see any elf berries," said Flynn. "Don't worry. I still have some berry seeds," said the gardener. Kyuhyun planted the seeds inside and Angel watered the seeds with the watering can. Soon, a bush began to grow and out popped the berries. "Wow! I never knew plants here grow very fast," said Ga Young. "Everything in this land is magical, Ga Young. That's why it's called the Kingdom of Enchanted," Kyuhyun whispered to her ears. Ga Young laughed. 

"For your reward, you may pick as many berries as you like," said the gardener. Gabriel, Angel, Kyuhyun and Ga Young picked many elf berries needed for the potion. "Looks like our list is complete. We can go and rescue Maxinne," said Angel. "Wait! Before you go, I'd like to give you another reward that might come in handy," said the gardener. He disappeared into the warehouse and in 10 minutes, he's back. "Take this present. Whenever someone opens it, in 10 seconds, it will explode. A friend of mine bought this from a joke store. I have no use of it. You can have it."

Kyuhyun placed the explosion present into his bag. "Thank you, sir. We must be on our way now." Everyone waved good bye to the gardener as they head to where Sapphire is waiting. "Do you have everything you need for the quest?" she asked. "Yes, Sapphire. Please take us to Azula's castle now," replied Prince Marcus. "Hop on and I'll take you there in no time." Everyone got on board and she sailed off. 

 

Meanwhile, Azula was checking her crystal ball and saw the company were on their way to her castle. "Drat!! I thought my sea monster defeated them!! But they survived!!" she growled. "They even killed your monster," said one monkey. Azula zapped him with her powers. "You idiot!! I know that!!" she cried. She paced up and down, thinking of a way to stop the company from completing their mission. "Looks like I have to call upon my dark forces to help me." She called all her monkeys. "Send the message to all my evil forces that I need help in destroying Prince Marcus and his friends," she ordered. They obeyed her and flew off to send the word. 

Back on the sea, Sapphire was cruising along peacefully. The prince and Gabriel were chatting away. Angel flew around. Flynn was just enjoying the view of the open sea. As for Kyuhyun and Ga Young, they spend their time together alone. "We made it! We're on our way!" she said. "Yes. I think we better practice our fighting skills before we face the real battle," Kyuhyun suggested. "I thought we already learned them from Gabriel," laughed Ga Young. "It's better to get ready than being killed," Kyuhyun chuckled. 

They took out their swords and practiced fighting with one another. The others saw them and were shocked. "Oh no! I hope they're not bickering again!" gasped Angel. Prince Marcus smiled and shook his head. "No, they're not. They're practicing their fight for the real battle," he cleared the misunderstanding. They could see that Kyuhyun and Ga Young were enjoying their practice. 

Soon, they were tired. Ga Young massaged Kyuhyun's shoulders. "You did well," she said. "You too. You're tough now," said Kyuhyun.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter