The End

After A Long Long While
Please log in to read the full chapter

I was playing with both of my kids when I got a call from AeRi about a month ago. Seems like she’s been thinking a lot before she finally made the call. AeRi asked me if I have some time for coffee and we agreed to meet that afternoon. She already waited when I arrived, I notice AeRi’s doing all her habits when she’s nervous—playing with her feet, biting her lips, heads down with constant deep breath-taking.

“AeRi-ya, gwenchana? Where’s TaecYeon and YeoReum?” I greet her.

“Anyong oppa, They’re home.” She answers quickly.

I take my seat and smile at her, “I’m surprised to get your call.”

“Ne, sorry. Did I bother you?”

“No, call me anytime, please.”

She nods along nervously.

“AeRi-ya, is everything okay?” I lean in closer to her.

“Ng, everything is perfect.”

“Then why are you so nervous right now?”

“Because I am.” She takes a deep breath.

“Are you going to tell me what happen?”

“I will propose something to you, you can say yes or just walk away.” She goes straight to the point.

“Okay, let’s hear it.”

“He proposed to me months ago before YeoReum was born,” she begins to explain, “I said yes…”

“Congratulation.” I cut her sentence.

“Ne, thanks” she takes another deep breath.

“Are you nervous about marrying him?”

“No, not yet. I’m nervous about meeting you today actually.”

“Why? Are you getting cold feet?”

“Oppa, this might sound cruel, but…” She takes another deep breath,” will you walk me down the aisle?” She finally said her wish.

Now I understand why she’s been nervous. She just asked me the weirdest thing an ex-husband can do. Walking his ex-wife down the aisle.

“You can say no if you don’t want to. I think I’d just ask so I won’t keep thinking what ifs.” She put her head down.

“Your ex-husband handing you off to your new husband. That’s…… unusual.” I chuckles to the idea.

“I know.” She pauses, “actually I need you to walk me down the aisle as my father, or as my brother, as someone that’s close to me.”

I stare at her blankly.

“Okay, seems like it’s bother to you. I will forget about that. Sorry I asked.” She’s taking her own conclusion.

“I’ll do it.”

“Jinjja?”

“Will TaecYeon punch me if I walk you down the aisle?”

She shakes her head, “I talked to him about this before

Please log in to read the full chapter