The Alimony

After A Long Long While
Please log in to read the full chapter

‘If the cost of living in your luxurious live is my sanity, then I’d rather live in my mediocre life happily with TaecYeon.’ AeRi’s words still floating in my head. Did I really cause so much trouble when we’re together? Did I push her too much to engage into my life? Was my mom really stressed her out? Did we really couldn’t conceive a child because all the pressure we’re both didn’t know existed?

Today I’m about to do something that’ll make AeRi and TaecYeon hate me, but I cannot help myself not to, I have a big responsibility to my ex-wife and to her new life also. To start the day, I drive myself to our old apartment—the one that I left AeRi with but she chose to leave—to get some of AeRi’s old stuff. I gather her old pictures that mostly consists of both of us, I collect her old clothes, her favorite elephant stuffed animals that I bought her when we were in high-school, I also take out her jewelries that I bought her and not to forget her bank book that she stored in the same place as I left it. I put them all in a box to bring to AeRi later. Nothing’s change from our apartment except for the dust that pile up for years. It feels so weird as I take a last glance before I close the door, I bid my farewell to our past for good this time. I will sell this apartment and store the money in their baby’s name. I will make it their investment without them knowing it.

From our old apartment, I drive to AeRi’s place on the rooftop-room. I ring the bell several times only to find out she’s moved. Her landlady came to give me her new address, she said AeRi moved out with a tall and handsome guy that used to hang out here a lot—TaecYeon.

I insert the new address into my GPS and let it lead me to where AeRi lives now. They live in DongDaeMun area, which isn’t a bad place for housing, it’s a better place than AeRi’s previous location, which is a good relieve for me. At least TaecYeon is doing a right thing to be responsible. I finally arrived at the apartment parking lot, I turn off the engine and take out the box I meant to give her as I see her walking out of the main door with a trash bag in her hand, she’s taking out her trash.

“AeRi-ya.” I fasten my steps.

She put the trash bag into the depositor and turns into my direction. She looks surprised for the fact I know where to find her.

“What are you doing here? How do you know I live here?”

“I asked your previous landlord.”

“And how did you know my previous landlord? Are you stalking me? Do I need a restraining order?” She looks super annoyed.

“No, I promise I won’t bother you again after this.” I hardly say those words, it’s hard to really mean what I said.

“What is it this time, oppa?”

Please log in to read the full chapter