The Box

After A Long Long While
Please log in to read the full chapter

I go home today with TaecYeon in peace. Our fight yesterday has ended and we’re both agreed to let go of the matter with KyuHyun and promised that we won’t make a big deal out of him anymore. Although TaecYeon said it’s okay for me to still talk to him, I personally don’t have a plan to do that. It’ll hurt TaecYeon if I do, and that’s the last thing I want to do to him.

We got off the bus to take a short walk into our apartment, as we pass the door we take a glance through our mail box to check if we got some mails. A box KyuHyun brought me yesterday still sitting quietly in our mailbox.

“Wow, did we order anything?” TeccYeon asks innocently.

“You can just leave it there.” I pull his hand to get into the elevator.

“Do you know what’s in it?”

“Ng, it’s my old stuff that KyuHyun has packed for me. Kajja, the lift’s coming.” I pull him stronger.

“Wait, may I open it?” he takes a step towards the box.

“As long as you won’t get mad about what you see.”

“What’s in it?” he asks again before taking the box.

“Just my old clothes, stuffed animals, pictures, and so on.” I lift my shoulder not caring of what’s in it.

“Your old photographs?” he grins with excitement. Now that’s weird, I thought he might hate the trace of my past with KyuHyun.

“Ne, which mostly consist of me and KyuHyun. You don’t want to see it.” I step closer to him to grab his hand and pull him stronger to the elevator.

“I’ll take the box, we have scissors anyway, I can cut his face from your photographs.” He takes the box and follows me into the elevator.

“I thought you don’t want me to reconnect with him.” I say nonchalantly.

“I don’t, but what you said yesterday was right, he’s the only one that witnessed you growing up. I’m curious AeRi-ya, I wanna see how little AeRi looked like. I bet you’re cute when you were little.” He bends his back to leans closer to kiss me.

“We’re here. Come on, I’m hungry.” I lead him to our front door then open it.

Once inside, I go straight to the kitchen to make a simple kimchi soup while he’s busy drowning himself looking through my old stuff.

“AeRi-ya, is this yours? What’s the story behind this?” He lifts Bong Bong.

“That’s the first stuff I ever get that’s not a hand-me-down item. His name is Bong Bong.” I explain the stuffed animal.

He studies Bong Bong closely, taking his hand to rub the little elephant body. “Did he buy it for you?”

“He won it for me in a summer fair during our first year of high school.”

“Ahh.. The classic way to get a girl’s heart. He’s old-school.” He pouts his lips.

“How did you get girls attention back in the day?”

“I’ll tell you but promise don’t laugh.” He puts Bong Bong on the sofa and walks towards me.

I give him a quick nod to let him continue.

“I work out. A lot.” He grins shyly.

“How did you get girls that way?” I curl my eyebrows in confusion, I’m a girl, and I don’t think I’d be attracted to boys who just work out a lot.

“Well, have you seen this?” he lifts his shirt and shows me his abs rather proudly.

Now I get the idea. “HAHAHAHA.”

“Ya! You promised not to laugh.”

“I imagine you lifting your shirt like that every time you see a girl you liked.” I continue laughing. “Excuse me baby, have you seen this?” I mock him in between my laughter.

“Well, not that frontal of course. You see, when i work out on the football field girls will sit around the bleachers and check me out—I know they’re checking me out—I can just pretend like I’m wiping my sweat with the rim of my shirt by lifting it up a bit, to show them these abs I got here.” He cannot help not to laugh to his own trick.

I cont

Please log in to read the full chapter