Frost Dance

The White Rose: A Love Story Between Two Worlds

 

No One’s POV

 

Tonight, a magical experience was being planned…


Vivian’s POV

 

I stood in my room, getting ready for the dance. Myungsoo had told me that his favorite color was blue. I looked over my shoulder at the icy blue strapless dress that I had picked out. When I saw it, it had reminded me of winter, but for some reason it made me feel warm when I put it on.

 

I finished up my makeup by placing small snow-like crystals around my eyes. They glistened when I looked at my reflection. Perfect.


 

Myungsoo’s POV

 

I finished tying my blue bow tie and went downstairs to wait for Vivian. I grabbed the shimmery white rose I had bought for her and smiled. This is going to be a perfect night.


 

Sungyeol’s POV

 

This was the first year I was going to the Frost Dance without a date, but I didn’t mind. I had more important things to worry about. I smirked into the mirror and buttoned the last button on my tux. It’s time for my perfect plan.


 

No One’s POV

 

Vivian descended down the stairs and smiled at Myungsoo waiting at the bottom. He held out his arm and handed her a beautiful white rose. They walked out together and headed to the dance.

 

Sungyeol headed out just a few minutes after them. He checked his pocket right before leaving and a smirk spread across his innocent and sweet face.


 

Vivian’s POV

 

Myungsoo led me into the ballroom. The decorations were a mimic of the surroundings… perfectly white snow covered the floor and crystal snowflakes hung from the ceiling. As Myungsoo and I entered, I noticed that all eyes turned to stare. But for once, I didn’t mind the stares. All I could see was Myungsoo’s adorable smiling face beaming at me.

 

“Wanna dance?” He held out his hand.

 

“Sure. I’m not very good…”

 

“Don’t worry! I’ll teach you.” Myungsoo placed my right arm on his shoulder and placed his right arm on my waist. “See, there’s not much to it.” He laughed as we glided across the dance floor.

 

For the first time since my mother passed away, I felt happy. I no longer cared about how much of an outcast people saw me as. I finally found my personal safe haven, right here in Myungsoo’s arms.


 

Myungsoo’s POV

 

As I looked into her sparkling eyes, I remembered my mother’s promise.

 

“Myungsoo-ah, I will send you an angel one day. Remember to cherish her and hold on to her forever.”

 

Vivian, I promise to protect you forever. I won’t let anything hurt you.


 

Vivian’s POV

 

While we were eating dinner, Angela walked up to our table.

 

“Look at what we have here. Why is Lord Sun’s precious “son” hanging out with the mixed blood?”

 

Myungsoo glared at her and gritted through his teeth. “Leave. Now.”

 

“Jeez, I just wanted to say how pretty your date’s dress is. Oh wait, was…” Before I could even react, Angela poured her sparkling grape juice all over me.

 

“YA!” Myungsoo pushed her back and handed me as many napkins as he could.

 

Shocked, I stood up and looked at my ruined dress.

 

“Go to the restroom and wash up, I’ll take care of Angela.” Myungsoo’s expression had turned dark and angry. I nodded and ran off to the restroom.

 

After attempting to get the grape juice off as best as I could, I headed back to our table.

 

Suddenly, the ballroom doors flew open. A freezing cold breeze blew inside and a tornado of snow started to swirl throughout the room. The snow was fogging my vision, but I caught sight of a figure looming at the door. Screams erupted as people yelled in fear, “IT’S HER!!!! GET OUT!!”

 

Panicking, I searched in vain for Myungsoo.  He was nowhere to be seen. Suddenly, the crystal chandeliers came crashing down and everything turned to black.

 

What do I do? Where is Myungsoo??

 

A pair of warm hands unexpectedly grabbed mine and tugged me in a random direction.

The hands pulled me through what seemed like a never-ending hallway and finally out a narrow door.

 

I tried to catch my breath as I looked around at the small alleyway I was standing in. I looked up to see who had saved me. Slowly, he walked out from the shadows…

 

 

“Sungyeol???”