Change

The White Rose: A Love Story Between Two Worlds

 

Vivian’s POV

 

I looked into Myungsoo’s angry eyes. For the first time in my life, I felt butterflies in my stomach. Is he really planning on taking me to the dance…?

 

Myungsoo looked away from Angela on the floor and caught me staring at him. He lost the angry look in his eyes and his gaze softened. His hand raised the side of my face and he let out a relieved sigh when he realized that he wasn’t too late.

 

“Good thing she didn’t slap you before I got here.” His hand was still holding my face and his gaze held mine for just a minute longer. He turned around and walked toward Angela.

 

“If you dare touch her one more time, I won’t let you get away. You will regret it.”

 

Angela’s face darkened ten shades and she furiously got up and stomped away. Her friends, throwing dirty glances at Myungsoo and me, scurried after her.

 

Myungsoo and I awkwardly walked home together. At first none of us said anything, but just before we reached the front door, he spoke up.

 

“Um… about the dance…”

 

“Myungsoo, don’t worry about it. I won’t overthink it. Thank you for covering for me.”

 

“Vivian wait… do you want to go to dinner with me tonight? It would be good to get out of the house for a while.” Myungsoo avoided making eye contact with me and I almost thought I caught him blushing. Is he nervous? Aw, he’s really cute.

 

A small smile formed on my face, “Sure.”

 

“Great! I’ll meet you downstairs around six?” He glanced at me and smiled softly.

 

I nodded cheerfully and entered the house.


 

Myungsoo POV

 

She said yes!! After watching Vivian walk up the front stairs to her room, I ran off to mine.

 

I was going to make sure she forgot all about the stupid girls being mean to her.

 

On the way up to my own room, I became aware of the large grin spread across my face. Myungsoo ah Myungsoo, what is up with you? This is the first time I’ve felt this way… all I want is to see her always smiling…

 

I opened the room to my door and was just about to go in when someone called my name. I turned around… Sungyeol.

 

“In a hurry to go somewhere?” He gave me a nasty smirk.

 

“What do you want hyung? I haven’t seen you around in a while.”

 

“That’s because you use to never come home. Why are you always home nowadays? Is there a special reason?” His probing was beginning to make me uncomfortable... what does he want now?

 

“I just realized no where is as comfortable as home, that’s all. I’m going out in a little so I’m gonna go change.” I closed my door behind me, before he could ask more questions.


 

Sungyeol’s POV

 

There is definitely something different about Myungsoo. I haven’t talked to him in a while, but I can tell that he’s changed… could it be? That girl…

 

“The only way you can get revenge for me is to steal EVERY SINGLE THING that Kim Myungsoo loves…”

 

Ugh, I don’t want to get tangled up with a mixed blood, but if Myungsoo likes her…

 

I shook my head and walked back to my room. Suddenly, the image of the last time I saw her flashed through my mind. I felt the same painful stab that I felt every time I remembered her tortured and heartbreaking expression. I felt like I could feel her tears stinging my own face… I stepped into my room, shut the door, and promised to myself…

 

If Kim Myungsoo likes her, I WILL steal her away.