Too Late?

The White Rose: A Love Story Between Two Worlds

 

Vivian’s POV

 

Myungsoo continued to ignore me. He ignored me at school and at home. When I tried to talk to him, he would turn around quickly and leave.

 

I couldn’t take it anymore. I grabbed the red rose off of my nightstand and stormed over to his room.

 

Instead of knocking, I decided to just go right in. What was the point of knocking when he wasn’t going to welcome me anyway?

 

But all my anger melted when I saw him asleep on the bed. The warm feeling I use to get around Myungsoo came back. Why do I always feel like this…? I should be angry at him for ignoring me, but why is it so hard now that he is right in front of me?

 

His face was peaceful. There was no coldness or anger in his expression; it was the Myungsoo I missed.

 

As I walked closer to the bed, I heard him mumble something. He mumbled it again; this time I heard it clearly. Myungsoo had said… “I’m sorry”.

 

Could he be apologizing to me? No, he probably isn’t. If he felt sorry, he wouldn’t continue ignoring me.

 

My hand reached out to touch Myungsoo’s face. This is probably the last time I will ever see your calm and kind expression. I miss you, Myungsoo-ah.

 

I placed the rose next to him and left the room.


 

Myungsoo’s POV

 

I saw Vivian holding the rose. It was completely red. I was too late; my love had changed it to the point of no return.

 

She was looking at me with a beautiful smile on her face. But in her eyes, I saw it. I saw the fear. She knew she was in danger, but she still had the courage to smile at me. She started walking towards me, the fear growing and growing.

 

My eyes flew open before I saw what happened next. It was a dream, Myungsoo, only a dream…

I sat up and looked around my empty room. I missed being able to see her smiling face whenever I wanted to.

 

But I had to remind myself that this was the only way I could protect her from whatever harm my love could bring. I have to prevent myself from falling completely in love with her…before it’s too late. I can’t let the rose finish changing, else Vivian will be in danger.

 

It was then that something caught my eye. I glanced down next to me and saw the rose. It was completely red.

 

It’s already too late…


 

Sungyoel’s POV

 

 I was deep in thought when someone plopped their lunch tray down next to me.

 

“Sungyeol oppa!! You look so handsome today!” It’s that annoying, high-pitched squeal. Ugh.

 

I looked over to see Angela’s fake smile beaming at me. “Sungyeol oppa! I’ve been so sad since we broke up, don’t you miss me too?”

 

“Angela, I don’t remember ever asking you out. Dating is only when a guy asks a girl out. So if you remember that happening, it must have been in a dream. We never went out and we never broke up.”

 

“Sungyeol-ah! We went to the Frost Dance together for two years! If that’s not dating, than what is?”

 

“Sorry to destroy your dreams, but no, that does not count. We never dated and we never will. Now please leave me alone.”

 

Angela smile started to shake and the frustration was obvious in her voice, “Ugh whatever, at least I’m not like Vivian. She was all happy thinking she had Myungsoo oppa, but now she has nothing. She follows him around like a sad unwanted puppy and he doesn’t even bother to give her a glance. Hah, serves that dirty half-blood right, I don’t even know what Myungsoo oppa ever saw in her. Those times I bullied her were so what she deserved.”

 

I felt my blood boil and my hands tighten up into fists. Sungyeol, what is happening to you? Calm down, it’s not like you to get all worked up over one girl. Especially when you are only pretending to care about her…

 

“SHUT UP ANGELA. IF I HEAR ONE MORE WORD FROM YOU ABOUT VIVIAN, YOU WILL REGRET IT!” I sprang up from my seat, glaring at her. I could feel her stunned eyes staring at me as I quickly left the cafeteria.  

 

Sungyeol, what the heck was that? Are you sure you are just pretending? You can’t really have fallen for her…right?