Infantasy (Vivian's POV)

The White Rose: A Love Story Between Two Worlds

 

 

The ground was covered in the whitest snow I’ve ever seen. There wasn’t even a speck of grey. My body was still numb from the shock of seeing the door open, but I was slowly starting to feel the frosty air.

 

As I kept walking, I noticed that there was nothing but white trees around me.

What kind of place is this? Will I ever find my way out?

 

Just as I started to panic, I spotted a familiar white dove sitting on a nearby tree branch.

I walked closer and a white letter floated down in front of me.

 

Close your eyes tightly and recite this address.

1000 Sunray Drive.

 

Father wasn’t joking? Is this the magical world mother came from? This really can’t be true... it must be a dream… 

 

Since I was convinced this was all a dream, I decided to just go along with it. I closed my eyes and recited “1000 Sunray Drive…”


 

Everything around me started to blur. My head started spinning and I felt my feet lifted up into the air. I closed my eyes. This sure doesn’t feel like a dream…

 

My eyes fly open as I feel myself hit the snowy ground. I push myself up and gasp when I see the building in front of me. It was the largest house I had every seen and it had the tallest gates surrounding it. The house itself was white and almost blended in completely with the frosted surroundings.

 

I carefully walked toward the locked gates. Should I press the button? What am I getting myself into…

 

As I once again brought my trembling fingers toward the gate, it suddenly started to open on its own. I swallowed hard and stepped back, feeling a little afraid.

 

I walked along the long driveway of the mansion. When I got to the front door, I paused.

Who lives inside this house… what if they aren’t my friends…

 

I decided to ignore my doubts and just enter the mysterious house.

 

“Your finally here! I’ve waited for you guys for so long, you’ve grown up just fine!” Out of nowhere, a friendly looking man ran toward me and caught me in a tight hug.

 

“Um, nice to meet you too… but what “you guys”?” Confused, I tried to think of who I would come here with… oh, my mother.

 

“Where is she?? Is your mother with you?” I noticed the man had extremely white skin, almost as white as the snow outside. But after he asked his question, I felt his skin turn even whiter…

 

“I’m sorry, I’m here alone. My mother has left us already.” I could feel the tears coming, but I tried my best to hold them back.

 

The man’s face lost all the color it had and he slowly nodded his head. “I see, I’m so sorry. I am Lord Sun, your mother’s best friend.” He said this calmly, but I could see the tears sitting at the edge of his eyes.  

 

“A little white dove led me here, I’m not really sure what is going on… is this a dream?”

I felt stupid for asking, but I needed to know…

 

“This is not a dream! You have just entered Infantasy, your mother’s world, and also mine. You are special. Since you are a half-mystical, you can come into this world.”

 

“What happens to me in my original world then, do I disappear?”

 

“In a way, yes. But the people who know you in your world will just think you are on a vacation or something, you won’t really cross their minds.” Lord Sun smiled kindly and ushered a servant into the lobby of the house.

 

“Mrs. Kim will set up a room for you and you can move in right away! Rest a while and she will call you down when dinner is ready. I cannot wait to introduce you to my two sons!”


The room was amazing; it was at least three times bigger than my old room. The gold satin sheets were so soft and welcoming that I immediately passed out.

 

“MS. VIVIAN, PLEASE COME DOWN TO DINNER!”

 

My eyes flung open at the loud sound and I bolted straight up. I noticed I fell asleep on the bed and saw the intercom flashing red. I guess it’s time for dinner…

 

As I walked down the long curving staircase, I heard Lord Sun talking.

“Mrs. Kim, did they come home yet? If they are home, tell them to come down to dinner.”

 

“Yes, Lord Sun. I will check and see.”

 

Mrs. Kim passed by me on her way up and smiled sweetly. She pointed to the table at the bottom of the staircase, where Lord Sun was waiting with a table filled with gourmet food.

 

“Vivian dear, please take a seat! I hope my sons are home so they can eat dinner with us.”

 

I sat down next to Lord Sun and started to eat my salad. Just then, I heard footsteps walking down the stairs. I looked up…

 

“This is my first son, Sungyeol. Sungyeol, this is Vivian. The daughter of Lady Choi, my old friend.”

 

“Nice to meet you, Vivian.” His smile was the sweetest I’ve ever seen. He was tall, lean, and had dark brown hair that complemented his white skin. The moment he opened his mouth to speak, I felt everything warm up around me. It was as if someone had just the heater in this very, very cold house.

 

He sat down opposite me and placed a pair of soft, large eyes on me.

 

Lord Sun was smiling happily at us when Mrs. Kim whispered something in his ears…

I couldn’t hear everything but I caught the words “master”, “not home”, “out”, “gone”.

 

Lord Sun let out a sign and said, “Unfortunately, you won’t be able to meet my other son tonight. Maybe tomorrow.”

 

After dinner, I noticed Sungyeol following me upstairs.

When we reached the top floor, he suddenly grabbed my arm.

Surprised at his harsh grasp, I spun around, “Is there something you need?”

 

His sweet smile had disappeared completely and was now replaced by a menacing smirk.

“You need to know your place, half-blood. If you dare talk to me outside of this house, I will make things very difficult for you. You don’t belong in Infantasy, your mother was a betrayer and she left her own people for a…human.”

 

He threw my arm to the side and pushed past me.

 

Shocked, I felt bitter tears prick my face. He seemed so nice at dinner, what happened? Mother was not a betrayer. What’s wrong with being a half-blood?