Date?

The White Rose: A Love Story Between Two Worlds

 

Vivian's POV

Myungsoo and I were slowly getting closer. He came to the balcony almost every day and told me stories about Infantasy. I finally had a friend.

 

“Myungsoo-ah, why does everyone hate me because I’m a mixed blood?”

 

“People here just can’t accept anyone who isn’t like them. I would know…”

 

“You would? What do you mean?” I noticed how he shifted his gaze down when I asked him that question.

 

“Because… they don’t accept me either. I’m an orphan.” He raised his eyes and looked at me slowly. “I don’t like it when they make fun of you or bully you. If anyone bothers you, just call my name, and I’ll appear.” His sad expression lightened up and I thought I saw him smile a little.

 

“Thank you Myungsoo.” I smiled back.


 

No One’s POV

 

InSpirit High was gearing up for the annual Frost Dance. All students were expected to attend, but those without a date hid away in shame.

 

All anyone talked about was who was going with who, and all the girls made secret wishes to go with their dream date.

 

Vivian walked down the halls and shook her head at the beautifully decorated posters.

 

Myungsoo stopped to read a poster on his way to class and smiled.

 

Sungyeol, who wanted to live up to his princely status, pondered about who he should take to this year’s dance.


Vivian’s POV

As I skimmed the glittery posters, I shook my head. High schoolers waste so much time worrying about these pointless things. I thought things may be different here, but I see people freak out at every school…

I stopped by my locker on my way to class. Right when I closed my locker, I saw Angela and her clique walking by.

 

“I want Sungyeol to ask me. He’s the prince of the school and I’m the princess, so it would obviously make sense for us to go together. Last year it was so much fun!” Angela rambled on and on as her friends nodded in agreement.

 

She caught sight of me standing there and smirked, “Hey mixed blood, what are you starring at huh?”

 

She bumped my shoulder as she walked past, whispering mean comments into her friends’ ears.

 

I ignored her and went to class.

 

Before heading home, I received a text from Lord Sun.

 

To: Vivian

From: Lord Sun

 

Can you please tell Sungyeol to come home early today? I need to have a chat with him but he is not picking up his phone!

 

I frowned, Do I really have to talk to Sungyeol? Ugh, what class would he have now…

 

I looked around and saw him standing near his own locker, talking to Angela.

 

“Um, Sungyeol? Can I tell you something really quickly?” I uncomfortably pulled on his arm. This is definitely not going to be good…

 

Angela glared at me, her eyes burning.

 

Sungyeol looked annoyed, but agreed. “Angela, I told you already, I DO NOT want to go to the dance with you. I took you last year already. I’m leaving, stop clinging on to me.” He pulled me away as he left her standing there with wide open and her eyes fuming with anger.

 

Oh god, that was awkward…

 

“What do you want? Didn’t I tell you…”

 

“Lord Sun wants you to go home early. That’s all. Sorry for talking to you.” I interrupted and quickly ran off.


 

There were two more days until the dance, and everyone was tenser than ever.

 

I decided it would be good to go straight home today, just in case I ran into Angela.

 

I packed up my things and headed out, only to bump into that dreaded person..

 

“ARE YOU HAPPY NOW? IT’S ALL YOUR FAULT.”

 

Ugh. WHY HER. “Please move out of my way.”

 

“You planned it right? You wanted to see me get rejected. Well, now you have to pay.”

Angela’s friends grabbed both of my arms and dragged me into a deserted hallway.

 

I tried to push past her and her friends, but they pushed me against the lockers.

 

“You are just a stupid mixed blood who lost me my date. Do YOU have a date? Because if you do, I’m going to make sure you lose him too. Understand?”

 

“I don’t have one, okay? Just let me go.”

 

“Ha, right. Who am I kidding? No one would ever want to go with a mixed blood anyway. Of course you don’t and won’t have a date.” Angela smirked as she gave me a mean shove.

 

“Can I please go now?”

 

“NO. I’m not done with you yet.” She raised her hand and got ready to slap me…

 

I closed my eyes knowing there was no way I could get away. Myungsoo-ah, please save me…

 

A hand suddenly grabbed Angela’s wrist. The hand pulled her back so hard she stumbled backwards and fell to the ground.

 

“Get your ugly hands off of her. I wouldn’t want you leaving a bruise on her face because... I AM HER DATE.”


No One’s POV

None of them were aware, but someone had happened to walk by when this all happened.

 

He stood near the end of the hallway, astonished at what he just saw.

 

Does Myungsoo like that girl…?

 

He froze at that thought, suddenly remembering her last words to him…

“The only way you can get revenge for me is to steal EVERY SINGLE THING that Kim Myungsoo loves…”