Forever Winter?

The White Rose: A Love Story Between Two Worlds

 

Vivian’s POV

 

I was running as fast I could. It was after me, it wanted me dead. The frost crept up behind me as I flew through the snow-white trees. This is a land where winter never ends. Winter is forever. It is chasing me. I need to get away.

 

I looked back and saw it getting closer. It was reaching out towards me. It was about to wrap it’s icy cold grasp around me… my mouth tried to scream, but no sound came out…


The piercing sunlight hit my eyes as they flew open.

Oh my god, it was just a dream… I gasped, my breathing was ten times faster than normal.

 

“You okay, sleeping beauty?”

 

I froze at the clear voice. Slowly sitting up, my eyes shifted and landed on that familiar smirk. “Myungsoo…?” What was he doing here?

 

“You looked like you were dying or something, did you have a bad dream?”

 

I was surprised someone was actually talking to me. “Oh, it’s nothing. How did you get up here?”

 

“Am I not allowed here?” He gave me another smirk.

 

“Oh, that’s not what I meant! I was just wondering…” Gosh I sound so stupid. Myungsoo moved his gaze away from me and looked far into the distance. I looked and saw that he was staring straight at the sun, the only warmth I was able to find in Infantasy.

 

“Do you like it here?”

 

“What?” I was taken aback by his sudden question.

 

“I mean, is it better than where you come from?”

 

“No where could possibly be worse than where I come from…” My cheeks stung just from remembering my stepmother slapping me.  

 

“Is it worth it to never go back?”

 

“I’m still looking for something worth living for, but I have more confidence I’ll find it here than there.”

 

Myungsoo turned and watched me curiously, “I hope you find it soon.”

 

I force a weak smile and looked back at the white surroundings, “Is it always winter here?”

 

“For as long as I remember, yes. But I heard it wasn’t always like this before.”

 

“What do you mean? Did something happen?”

 

Myungsoo was silent for a while. He stood up slowly, “Um, I think it’s time for me to go. I’ll see you at home maybe.”

 

I watched as he quietly left the balcony.


Myungsoo’s POV

 

That was close. But it’s weird. Why can’t I see anything that she’s thinking? Before, I thought it was just some temporary problem, but even today, I can’t read any of her thoughts. Having to ask someone questions is so odd…

 

As I stepped down from the balcony, I wondered what she was dreaming about. It felt weird not being able to just read her thoughts and know exactly what nightmare she had. Also, why was she so curious about winter? No one even notices anymore…

 

Maybe I’ll tell her the story sometime later… but it might scare her away. For some reason, I didn’t want her to go back to her own world…


Vivian’s POV

 

I sat on the balcony for another hour before going home. When I got home, I immediately went up to my room.

 

After putting my stuff down, I noticed the white rose near my bedside. Hmm, the petals seemed to have curled up a bit… ha who am I kidding, the rose isn’t even a real rose, it’s not like it can come alive overnight or something…

 

I sat there staring at it for a minute longer.


No one’s POV

 

The girl sat there staring at the rose until she was called downstairs.

 

Right before she closed the door, she stole one last glance at the peculiar white rose.

 

She failed to notice one tiny thing. A small red dot was starting to form on one of the flawless white petals…