Twinkling Eyes

The White Rose: A Love Story Between Two Worlds

 

Thank you to all my new subscribers!! Hope you like this chapter! Please leave comments :))

Also check out Infinite's new MV White Confession! heart

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZu3fRDrK5c&feature=channel_video_title 


 

 

Vivian’s POV

 

I fumbled through EVERYTHING in my closet and finally found a simple and sweet dress to wear to dinner. I haven’t gone out on a date in such a long time… and it’s with Myungsoo! I smiled to my reflection in the mirror while adjusting my hair. I noticed a pink glow appear in my cheeks as I thought about Myungsoo’s awkward invitation.

 

After I finished getting ready, it was only 5:30. I sat down on my bed, noticing the seemingly redder rose on my bedside. I leaned in to take a closer look and felt myself entranced by its beauty. The red spot had spread and was almost covering one whole petal. The red glistened when light hit it and it seemed to change shades of red from different angles. It’s such a magical and lovely rose, I wonder how it changes color like that. It reminds me of Myungsoo. Cold when you first see it, but warmer the longer you’ve been around it…

 

A knock on the door woke me from my trance. Wow, I’ve been staring at this rose for half an hour already…? Is it Myungsoo?

 

I opened the door to a bouquet of stunning white roses. From behind the flowers, Myungsoo’s handsome face popped out.


Myungsoo’s POV

 

I hope she likes the roses. For some reason, white roses remind me of her…

 

I knocked gently on Vivian’s door. When she opened it, I covered my face with the bouquet. She laughed as I popped out from behind the roses.

 

She was beautiful. Her long, wavy hair looked gorgeous with her simple yet lovely pink dress.

 

I nervously held out my arm. She linked her arm in mine and we headed out.

 

I had called Woohyun, my over-romantic best friend, and asked him to set something up for us… I hope he didn’t over do it like he always does…


Sungyeol’s POV

 

I watched Myungsoo knock on Vivian’s door with a huge bouquet of flowers. He must really like her… he’s acting so different from the Myungsoo I know…

 

My insides were boiling when I saw Myungsoo so happy. It wasn’t fair. He didn’t deserve this.

 

I felt my fist clench up tightly, but suddenly… I saw her.

 

All my anger dissolved as I saw her walking out. In that moment, her innocent expression and pure smile somehow melted all my hatred. What the… she didn’t have this effect on me before…

 

Something about her smile reminded me of the happiness I lost. Before my heart turned to ice and my world became eternally winter.

 

Now, I had even more reason to steal her away.


 

Vivian’s POV

 

Myungsoo and I walked for a while until we reached our destination. It was a small and cozy café. He held the door open for me and ushered me in.

 

It was… breathtaking. The café was closed off to everyone but us. There were strings of dazzling lights hung up all over the café and glowing candles near all the stain glass windows. The floor was covered with white rose petals and a path of pastel lights led us to a small table.

 

As we sat down, I noticed how nervous Myungsoo looked.

 

“Um… sorry if it’s too much.” Underneath his breath, I heard him whisper, “Aish Woohyun, I knew you would go overboard…”

 

“Hehe, I think it’s beautiful. Thank you.” Our eyes met and I noticed how his mysterious eyes twinkled with the lights.

 

“Really? I’m glad you like it.” He smiled gently.

 

While we ate, I realized how easy it was to talk to Myungsoo. I told him about my old home and family.

 

“Do you miss them?” He suddenly interrupted.

 

“Who?”

 

“Your parents.”

 

“Although they have no way of being together anymore, I miss those times when we were a happy family. I miss my mother and sometimes I worry about my father.” I felt tears prick the side of my eyes.

 

“Please don’t cry, I’m sorry.” Myungsoo stood up and wiped my tear away. “I’ll tell you about my family too.”

 

I blinked away my tears and nodded.

 

“Actually, I don’t know much about my family. My mother passed away when I was very young too. I don’t remember what my father was like. He left us right when I was born and never came back. For as long as I can remember, Lord Sun has taken care of me. He treats me like his own son and I’m very thankful to him.”

 

“Myungsoo-ah, I’m sorry.”

 

“Don’t be. Before my mom left, she promised to send me an angel one day. She told me that I’ll find someone I love more than anything.” He grinned a lopsided grin and chuckled. “By the way, do you still have my white rose?”

 

“Which one?”

 

“The one from the balcony.”

 

 “It was yours?!?”

 

“Yep, you can guard it for me. It’s magical.” He smirked and ruffled my hair from across the table.

 

“Ya! Haha, okay I will!” I grinned back at him.

 

We kept on teasing each other for the rest of dinner. When our last plate was taken away, I stood up.

 

“Where do you think your going?” Myungsoo laughed and pushed me back down into my seat. “We still have desert!”

 

Within minutes, a waiter brought ice cream for Myungsoo and a cake covered in small flower shaped pieces of chocolate for me. “So pretty!” I muttered while I stared at the intricately decorated cake.

 

“Eat the chocolate flowers first!” Myungsoo watched me eagerly as I ate one piece at a time. Slowly, I noticed that there were letters painted on the cake with pink and white frosting.

 

The letters unfolded one after another. I gasped when I saw what they spelled…

 

Frost Dance

with Myungsoo?

 

Myungsoo chucked again, “Angela sort of ruined my plan, but I still wanted to ask officially. So… will you be my date?”

 

I looked at him with eyes brightened with joy and a smile spread wide across my face.

 

“Of course.”