The Rose

The White Rose: A Love Story Between Two Worlds

 

Vivian’s POV

I opened my eyes slowly and saw nothing but the beautiful blue sky. Maybe things will get better…

 

I suddenly remembered what had happened on the stairs. I shot up and noticed that I was no longer on the floor. I was on some sort of balcony, and no one was around. How did I get up here…?

 

The pain from Angela’s slap started to creep in and I rubbed my head. School is going to be awful from now…

 

I slowly got up and walked to the edge of the balcony. The view was breathtaking. All I could see was glistening white snow. It finally felt like I was free. Thank you to whoever brought me up here, I finally have one place to escape to.

 

I looked at my watch and jumped when I saw the time. Lord Sun had insisted that I not stay out too late on my first day of school. Ugh, most likely Sungyeol left without me again, guess I’m going to have to find my own way home…

 

I turned around to walk back down to the school when a white shape caught my eye. I walked over to the bench and saw a beautiful white rose. It was whiter than anything else I had seen in Infantasy, which was incredibly white. Captivated by its beauty, I didn’t notice someone watching me from afar…


Mystery POV

 

After I brought her to the balcony, I decided to leave first. But I suddenly remembered I had forgot something.

 

As I stepped onto the balcony, I saw her. She was entranced by my rose.

 

At first, I was mad that she dared to touch my dearest treasure, but that anger melted when I saw the pink tint come back to her cheeks.

 

Her face was frozen like the world around me, but it had the slightest sense of life in it. She was different than everyone else here.

 

Just like how she was captivated by my eternal white rose, I was captivated by her innocent and lovely gaze.  

 

I’ll just get it back later…


Vivian’s POV

I decided to keep the rose. I felt safe around it and it had this warm aura that I wanted to keep so badly. I placed it in a vase right next to my bed, dreaming of what the owner was like…

 

“MISS VIVIAN, DINNER IS SERVED!”

 

The intercom once again screamed at me. I walked downstairs and took my seat, only to realized someone new was in our company…

 

I raised my eyes and in that moment, everything around me blurred away. He was sitting across from me, his unreadable eyes piercing through me. His skin was porcelain white and his side-swept hair was as black as the darkest night. He was… perfect.

 

“Vivian dear, this is my other son, Myungsoo!” Lord Sun beamed happily at me as he introduced to me his mystery son. “He wasn’t able to join us earlier since he was busy, but he will hopefully be home more often now.” He glanced quickly at Myungsoo and continued smiling.

 

“It’s nice to meet you… finally.” Myungsoo’s voice was just as mysterious as his gaze. His flawless face formed a smirk as he gazed at my mesmerized face.

 

Sungyeol, who was sitting next to Myungsoo, looked over at me in disgust and shook his head. “Have you never seen an orphan?”

 

Orphan..?

 

“Sungyeol, how many times do I have to tell you to not call your brother that?” Lord Sun sounded irritated as he shot a warning look at Sungyeol.

 

“Yeah, yeah father. I know.” Sungyeol shut up.


Myungsoo POV

The way she looked at me was almost terrifying. Why does she look so shocked..?

 

Seeing her right across from me was like a dream, she was beautiful.