Spells and Weaknesses?

The White Rose: A Love Story Between Two Worlds

 

Vivian’s POV

 

The door burst open and a boy was dragged in. He looked up and caught my eye. No… it’s Myungsoo.

 

“Let her go, jerk. I came alone, so let her go.”

 

“Not so fast, sorry. We’ve got games planned for you two.” L. Joe flashed a wicked smile and pushed Myungsoo onto the floor. Why doesn’t he fight back…?

 

“Remember, if you fight back, we hit the girl.” The red hair guy, Chunji, winked and stood behind me.

 

Myungsoo looked into my eyes with a sorrowful expression. “I’m sorry. This is all because of me.”

 

A cry escaped my throat and I managed to whisper, “Myungsoo… why did you come?” 

 

“Because…”

 

“He loves you, stupid. Now, it’s my turn to get my revenge.” L. Joe smirked and pulled Myungsoo up by his collar.

 

“L. Joe, what have I ever done to you? We were friends, remember? Then you suddenly became evil…” Myungsoo managed to spit the words out at him before L. Joe punched him in the face.

 

“MYUNGSOO!” I yelled and tried to reach out to him. Using my feet, I stomped as hard as I could on Chunji’s toes and kicked him in the shin.

 

Shocked, he stumbled back and grabbed his leg, “YAH! What was that? You want me to beat you up??”

 

I kicked him in the other shin and tried to push my chair towards Myungsoo. Chunji yelped and fell over. Ha, no more winking for you mister.

 

L. Joe, CAP, Niel, and Ricky all teamed up around Myungsoo. He didn’t even try to fight back.

 

Bitter tears formed at the edge of my eyes. Please, someone save him. Don’t let him get hurt. From the corner of my eyes, I saw Chunji grab a baseball bat from the side of the room and walk slowly towards Myungsoo.

 

I didn’t know what else to do. I yelled out and hurled myself towards Myungsoo, trying to block Chunji’s hit. Without knowing, the white rose I was going to return to Myungsoo fell out of my pocket, landing on the floor in front of everyone.

 

Almost like a miracle, everyone froze. I watched as L. Joe’s deathly expression faded and a sad look appeared in his eyes. Chunji dropped the bat, never taking his eyes off of the rose.

 

The rose sparkled in the darkness; it was like some sort of spell had just been cast.

 

“Get up quickly and get out of here.” I had completely forgotten about the grey-haired boy, Changjo, but he suddenly appeared and gently lifted me up. “Take the rose and run. Don’t ever let it go.”

 

He untied me from the chair and picked up the rose. He placed it in my hands. Something about this boy actually seems kind… I wonder why he is helping us.

 

L. Joe looked up at me, an almost kind expression plastered on his face.

 

“Take Myungsoo and leave quickly. Before things get bad again.” He helped Myungsoo up and laid one of his arms around my shoulders. “Take care of him.”

 

I looked around, completely confused. What the heck just happened?? One second, they were all evil and wanting to kill us, but now they want us to escape??

 

I shook away the thoughts, knowing that my number one priority right now was to get Myungsoo out safety.

 

“Myungsoo-ah, let’s go.”

 

He coughed up blood and looked down at me, “I’m sorry I let you get hurt.”

 

Tears blurred my vision, “No, I’m sorry. It was all because of me.”

 

Once we were finally outside, Myungsoo started to limp even more.

 

He was getting too heavy and finally we had to stop for a break.

 

He laid down on the grass and reached out towards me.

 

“Vivian, there’s so much to this world that you don’t know and shouldn’t want to know. It’s really not a beautiful place.”

 

I reached over and took his hand, not quite understanding what was going on.

 

“But please know and remember one thing… that I love you.” Myungsoo reached up and touched my face before closing his eyes.

 

“Myungsoo-ah, please stay with me…you don’t know how much you mean to me.”


 

Mystery POV

 

Walking around in her lair, she let out a horrible laugh. “I’ve finally found your weakness… that stupid thing we call love. Just wait, I’m coming for you, both of you.”