Running Away

The White Rose: A Love Story Between Two Worlds

 

Vivian’s POV

 

It’s been three days since Myungsoo has gone missing. I’ve looked in every corner possible, but he’s nowhere to be found. Myungsoo-ah, please don’t disappear and leave me.

 

I walk into the cozy café that Myungsoo and I came to last time, hoping to think of some place I haven’t checked. Sungyeol had offered to come with me, but I really needed some time alone. I’ve never felt like this before. Although I’ve only known Myungsoo for a couple months, I feel like I’ve known him forever. The feeling I get when I’m with him is indescribable. I feel safe, loved, and happy.

 

I don’t want to lose him. I can’t lose him. I need him.

 

I sat down and ordered Myungsoo’s favorite drink – white chocolate crème latte.

 

I had no idea what happened back at the ballroom. Who destroyed everything? Who was that figure looming at the door? Where is Myungsoo??

 

Without realizing, my eyes had started to water. I pulled out the rose Myungsoo had left me to guard. Half of the rose had turned red already.Myungsoo has to come back… I need him to see this magic with me.


 

Myungsoo’s POV

 

I opened my eyes and found myself standing in front of that cozy café Vivian and I came to last time.

 

I saw her sitting by the window. She was as still as a statue. In one hand, there was a warm cup. In the other hand, she was holding a rose.

 

As I got closer, I noticed that the rose was half red. That looks familiar… wait…

 

My whole body froze when I realized why the rose looked familiar. It was my magical rose. The one Mother gave me… the one she said was cursed.

 

Wasn’t it white though? Why is it red?

 

Then it struck me…

 

“That rose I gave you, it’s magical. Before I passed away, I left all my powers in it. I gave it to you because it was the only way left that I could protect you. When you find the person you love, the rose will start to change. The rose will protect the person you love and keep your love safe.”

 

It’s already changing. This means I’m falling in love with her. It also means that she will get hurt because of me… because of my love.

 

I CAN’T let her get hurt. I WON’T let her get hurt.

 

I glanced up at the window, only to see Vivian’s shocked eyes looking straight into mine.

 

I turned around quickly and ran away from the cafe.


 

Vivian’s POV

 

As I looked out the window, I suddenly saw a pair of familiar dark brown eyes.

 

They were his.

 

I shot out of my seat, spilling my drink as the cup shattered on the floor.

 

Holding onto the rose, I ran out of the café. I saw Myungsoo running fast… away from me.

 

Why is he running away from me??? Myungsoo… come back.

 

“Myungsoo! Myungsoo!!”

 

I ran as fast as I could. The tears in my eyes started to pile up and blur my vision. I couldn’t feel my breath anymore. My heartbeats felt they were going to explode.

 

Right when he turned the corner, I tripped and fell.

 

“Myungsoo-ah, why are you running away from me?” Tears streamed down my face.


 

Myungsoo’s POV

 

I’m sorry, Vivian. I can’t let you get hurt just because… I fell in love with you.