Sungyeol’s Different Over Night?

From Black and White to Color

[Sungjong’s PoV]

I woke up the next morning from the sunlight shining on my face through the window, I smiled sitting up, I then realized there was someone holding onto my waist tightly, also, I realized I wasn’t in my bed, I was in Sungyeol’s. I looked down at the older boy, seeing the trails of dried tears on his cheeks, I then remembered him waking up last night. I remember him screaming out Myungsoo’s name, I remember him whimpering, and thrashing about…I remember him looking at me with tear filled eyes when he finally woke up. I remembered the sadness and pain and fear that filled those eyes, I remember him hugging me tightly and crying himself to sleep, however, the thing I remembered the most is him saying:

“Yet I still love him…”

I sighed and looked down at my hyung, this time his face wasn’t scrunched up in pain, it was relaxed and peaceful, showing that he was having a peaceful sleep; sadly, I’d have to ruin that sleep to get him ready to go to school.

I smiled and shook him a bit, he groaned a bit, but slowly opened his eyes, blinking up at me. His eyes were tired looking; red and swollen from all the crying he did last night. He rubbed his eyes, but winced, they were sore, well, that was my guess.

“Are you ok?” I asked cautiously, he nodded, and smiled sadly.

“Better than I’ll ever be…” said Sungyeol.

“Do you want to go to school?”

He was a bit hesitant, but nodded, “Sungjong…can I tell you something?”

“You and Myungsoo were best friends when you two lived back in Busan, he ended up helping people you, but you still love him?” I said, he looked at me shocked, I guess I was right; he was going to tell me about that.

“H-how did you know?” whispered Sungyeol.

“Well, you kept talking in your sleep last night, I read your journal, and I saw that the picture in your journal the same as the one in Myungsoo’s wallet.” I said, “Please don’t be mad at me…”

“How long did you know Myungsoo and I were child hood friends?”

“Not too long…” I said, “Hyung…are you going to confront him about this?”

“N-No…” said Sungyeol, fear filled his eyes as tears once again began to flood out of them, “I can’t…Jongie…”

I smiled at him, hugging him again, I was really happy that he could finally open up to me like this, I was also happy we were on a nickname basis, “Hyung, you need to talk to him about this, you really do…After all you love him…”

“I should hate him…” muttered Sungyeol, hugging me tightly and once again burying his face in the crook of my neck, “I should hate him for helping those men, but I-I can’t and I don’t know why…”

“Hyung, maybe it’s because Myungsoo had to help them for some reason? Or maybe it’s because it’s in the past now…” I said. He finally stopped crying again.

Sungyeol shook his head, “I don’t know why…I just don’t…”

“Hyung…you love him, but I think you want to hate him because you are afraid…” I said, “You don’t hate him because of the past actions he has done, you hate him because you refuse to accept the feelings you really have for him, because you are afraid he’ll hurt you again.”

“Sungjong, I’m afraid history will repeat itself and I’ll get…” he whimpered and broke into more tears, I hugged him tightly, it really hurt me to see my hyung like this, yeah, I haven’t known him very long, but I feel like I’ve known him my whole life.

“It won’t hyung, I promise! If it does and he hurts you again, I’ll kill him.” I said, Sungyeol laughed a bit and pulled away from me, wiping his eyes, smiling at me, “However, you can confront him some other day if you’d like and you can hang out with me and some of my friends today during school.”

“Alright,” Said Sungyeol, smiling at me happily, “We should probably get ready for school now, we are running late.”

I smiled and nodded, yeah, I still had feelings for Myungsoo, but hyung needed him more than I did. Plus, I knew Myungsoo loved him more than me, because Sungyeol is the reason we broke up, except, neither of us knew him at that time of our breakup…

Myungsoo had dumped me because he was still in love with his child hood hyung, which is Sungyeol, my stepbrother. Wow…weird relationship triangle here…

Anyways, we both got ready and walked downstairs happily together, when we got into the dining room I bid my umma good morning with a hug and hugged my appa too, greeting them both happily.

While Sungyeol did something strange, he bid us all good morning and hugged my umma, who was frozen from shock; he then greeted his father and sat down in his chair across from me, smiling happily. He shocked us all because he seemed to have changed overnight last night. You see, he’d usually come into the dining room, sit down, eat, and leave without me.

“You’ve gotten a different attitude.” Said appa, shocked.

Sungyeol nodded, “I decided that there is no use to be so mean anymore…After all you all are my family now…”

My appa smiled, “That’s the boy I knew ten years ago.”

Sungyeol smiled widely.

“Well, let’s eat, you boys really are running late today.” Said umma, smiling.

“I’ll drive you boys to school, so, don’t worry about being late,” Said our father.

We both nodded and ate happily, chatting with our parents, for once since Sungyeol got here the atmosphere felt like an actual family and not so tense.

After breakfast, our father gave us a ride to school like he said he would and we got there a few minutes before the tardy bell ring, making it to school safely. While I sat in Mr. Kim’s class, I thought about how Sungyeol was doing, being in the same class as Myungsoo and all…

“Everyone, this semester’s final project is coming up. Which means we are going to Mix with Yunho, Yoochun, and Junsu’s classes, you will be split into groups, chosen by us, your teachers. You all will be actors for the films that we are making for the city film festival. These movies are student made, you will have some acting assistance from the dance class, and music assistance from the music class, while one of the film students is your director while another is your camera man,” Said Jaejoong, “These films are your time to shine, and I hope you all take it seriously, because these are your finals.”

We all nodded.

“Well, we will wait for the other classes to come before we split you all up.” Said Jaejoong, smiling, just as he said that the other two classes entered the theater, I looked back to see Sungyeol talking to our cousin Onew, Onew’s boyfriend Changmin, and the other third year in the class, Kibum.

I smiled and waved at Sungyeol, who then smiled at me and walked over to sit by me, on the other side of him was Onew and then on the other side of Onew was Changmin, Kibum left to go sit by his boyfriend Kevin, who was in Myungsoo’s grade, which was a year above me.

 

[Sungyeol’s PoV]

I was so happy to be sitting by Sungjong, because there was a tense/awkward atmosphere between Myungsoo and I in the photo room. I smiled when Sungjong waved at me and explained to me what was going on, since Mr. Jung failed to explain, because he was too busy thinking about doing inappropriate things to Mr. Kim for the next week while we all were working on our final, final project.

“Alright, in the first group…The directors are Kim Myungsoo and Lee Sungyeol, we are positive your two brilliant minds came up with something good to do.” Said Mr. Jung, smiling, however my smile fell from my face, and I began praying that Sungjong would be in the group too.

“We are still in the first group, Kibum, you are in the first group too.” Said Mr. Jung, smiling, “The musicians helping in group one are Jonghyun, Woohyun, and Sunggyu. The Actors for group one are Sungjong, Key, Kevin, and Niel.”

I let out a sigh of relief and Sungjong smiled at me, happy that we got to work together.

“And the extras are…Hoya and Dongwoo.” Said Mr. Kim, smiling widely, “As for group two, Onew and Changmin are the directors, Ricky you are the camera man, Soohyun and Chunji, you are in charge of the music, L.Joe and Dongho you are the actors and the extras are Taemin and Chunji. These films are due at the end of this week, so get to work, ok?”

We all nodded and gathered in our groups.

“So, what are we going to do ours on?” asked Key sitting in Jonghyun’s lap happily.

I shrugged and looked at Myungsoo, who was looking at me.

“Give me and Sungyeol sometime to think about it…How about we meet and the Empire Café tonight at six?” said Myungsoo, “That way Sungyeol and I can present you all with the ideas we’ve come up with.”

“Alright.” Said everyone happily, “Six o’clock it is then.”

“Well, you all can go and work on other things if you’d like…Sungyeol and I will talk about it.” Said Myungsoo, but I could tell he wanted to talk to me about something else.

They all nodded and sat down again, while Myungsoo pulled me out of the theater, I looked back at Sungjong who gave me the thumbs up, I smiled a bit, but I still couldn’t help but to feel nervous around him…I guess it’s already time for confronting each other.

 

AN: Hope you enjoyed! Anyway, updates will become slower because I really don't have much time to rest anymore because my semester exams are coming up in three weeks. So, please be patient with me! :D