He's the jerk who hurt Sungyeol?

From Black and White to Color

[Myungsoo’s PoV]

I walked home angrily, why Sungjong’s brother reminds me so much like the boy…I shook my head, stop thinking about that Myungsoo, it’s not your fault. You were forced to do it…but that boy looked so helpless…MYUNGSOO STOP THINKING ABOUT IT! I said, resting my head against a nearby wall. I glanced at the time.

“! Umma’s going to kill me…” I said, running home quickly, as soon as I walked in there sat my umma and appa in the living room talking to each other.

“Myungsoo, you are soaked…” said my foster mother, standing up, she looked at me worriedly, “Go change out of those clothes quickly!”

“Why didn’t you call us to tell us you forgot your umbrella?” asked my foster appa, “I could’ve come to pick you up.”

“I didn’t want to disturb you guys since you’ve all done so much for me already…” I said, smiling.

“Honey, you are our son now, it’s ok for you to call us if you need help or a ride.” Said my foster mother, smiling at me and kissing my forehead, “Go change out of those clothes and get to work on you final project for your photo class, I’ll bring you up some hot chocolate and cookies, ok?”

I smiled and nodded, she then left, going to the kitchen. My foster appa smiled at me and said, “So, how’s school going? Also, are you feeling more comfortable here?”

“School is going well.” I said, smiling weakly, “Yeah, its feeling more and more like home as the days pass. It’d be a lot better if I knew that this was my final home…”

“I’m sorry.” Said the man, “We are fighting for custody with you, but the other family is too…”

I nodded and headed to my room, smiling as I entered the fancy room, portraits and pictures covered the wall in their individual frames. I smiled and set my dripping bag on the floor beside my desk, walking to the dresser and changing, as I finished getting dressed, I looked out the window of my room, looking at the gray sky, which was crying for me. Sungjong didn’t understand anything…his umma remarried before he could remember his real appa, he grew up with his step father. While I grew up with my biological parents, who died when I was five, after that I had a cursed set of foster parents who were abusive…I was there until I was nine. Then I moved here to Seoul and met Sungjong, who has been my neighbor. After that we were friends for five years and we began to date, however, I couldn’t keep my mind off my old hyung, I was wondering how he was and how his parents were, I was also worrying about how he is after what allowed those people to do to him…

I sighed walking to my desk; I opened my bag, glancing at the album in my bag, smiling sadly. I shook my head and pulled out my camera, plugging it into my computer, so I could access them on my computer. I suddenly began to think of Sungjong’s brother. He had the same distant look in his eyes, the emotion they should was exactly like the one Hyung showed after that happened. I sighed and rested my head in my hands, he really looked too familiar.

There was a light knock on the door, “Come in…”

My foster umma smiled at me and laid the plate of her chocolate chip cookies on the desk with a mug filled with steaming hot chocolate. I smiled up at her; she kissed my forehead again then looked at the monitor.

“These pictures are good…they aren’t like your usual pictures…” said umma.

“I wanted to try another style for Mr. Jung.” I said, smiling.

“Where’d you learn it? These are amazing…” said my umma.

“Sungjong brought in his step brother’s album and showed the pictures to me, I took what I learned from those photos and applied it to mine…” I said, “These are good, but they aren’t as good as his…”

“Maybe you should invite Sungjong’s family over for dinner tomorrow…” said my umma, “Despite them being our neighbors, we never see them anymore…”

I looked at her, she sighed.

“I’ll leave you alone now…” said my umma, kissing my forehead again, “Be sure to bring the dishes when you are done, alright?”

I nodded, “I will.”

She smiled and left, I sighed and looked at the picture that was up on the monitor in front of me.

 

The next day, I walked into Mr. Jung’s room while being half asleep and exhausted, throwing my final project onto his desk, he smiled.

“Thanks Myungsoo, you can sleep if you’d like…” said my teacher who would probably be gone in five minutes to stick his tongue down Mr. Kim’s throat.

“I was actually going to go to the acting department area of the school to help some of the actors with their finals…” I said looking at him, “although, I’d much rather sleep…but I promised I help.”

“Alright.” Said Yunho, “Maybe you can take Sungyeol, the new kid, he seems to be too quiet and he doesn’t seem to want friends…”

“You just want him out of here so you can do inappropriate things to Mr. Kim on school grounds…” I said.

“Exactly.” Said Mr. Jung, “Now out, my Joongie is waiting for me.”

I sighed and rolled my eyes, walking to Sungyeol.

“Hey.”

The boy looked at me, automatically closing the album he had open, putting it away in his bag.

“Mr. Jung wants you to get out of here, so if you want to…you could come to the Acting department of the school, but that’s only if you want to.” I said.

“Sure…I’ll go…” said Sungyeol, throwing his bag over his shoulder.

We walked out of the classroom awkwardly beside each other.

“You’re Sungjong’s brother right?”

“Step brother…we have different mothers…”

“I’m Sungjong’s…friend.”

“You two used to date…right?”

“Y-yeah…something like that…did Sungjong tell you?”

He shook his head, “Overheard you on the phone at the park…”

“Oh…so how do you like Seoul so far?”

“It’s ok…I guess…”

“You guess?”

He nodded, “I’m not too into moving.”

“Or is it that you are afraid to?”

“Why would I be afraid?” asked the taller and older boy.

“I don’t know…I was when I first moved…” I said, “However, I’ve moved so much since them, I’m used to it now…”

“Well, this isn’t my first time moving, I’m not afraid…” said the older boy, glancing around.

“You moved before?” I said, surprised the boy was talking to me this much after what Sungjong said.

“Look…I’m not looking for friends.” Said the boy, he looked straight into my eyes with a piercing gaze.

I sighed, “Whatever…Then, go find somewhere else to hang out until the end of the day.”

Sungyeol then pulled of his vanishing act like he did when we first met. I sighed; he really is similar to hyung… I walked the rest of the way to the department where Sungjong and the others were waiting. I sighed, prepping myself for a stressful day of filming.

 

Before we knew it, the final bell rang, making us all aware that the school day was in fact over, they others all quickly packed up and left, leaving me alone with Sungjong. He looked upset about something.

“Do you know Sungyeol?” asked Sungjong.

I looked at him shocked, “Yes, he’s a class mate.”

“Your eyes darkened, you look…guilty? Are you positive you don’t know Sungyeol? I mean you could from your childhood…” said Sungjong.

“Sungjong, I don’t know him.” I said, although it felt like I did.

Sungjong looked at me suddenly, and then looked at his watch, “Hyung…do you like him?”

“Why would I like him Sungjong, I don’t even know him…” I said, stressing out a bit, “Anyway, why would you care!? We aren’t dating anymore, how long it is going to take you to remember that?!”

Sungjong looked at me his eyes were glazed with tears, “I know we aren’t any more hyung! I was just trying to make sure you don’t hurt my hyung! He’s already been through enough in his life…I’m just trying to figure out if you are the jerk from his child hood! I swear, I’ll find the jerk that killed his mother and got away with it…I is also going to find the jerk that made him the way he is about friends!”

“Sungjong…” my voice dropped, my heart stopped beating, “What did this boy do?”

“It doesn’t concern you.” Said Sungjong leaving, angrily, fiercely wiping his eyes, he looked at his watch, “Crap…I’m late for my date with Dongjun…”

 My mind was blank…is it possible that Sungyeol is my hyung from my child hood? I sighed, shaking my head, “Impossible…that hyung is probably dead…”

I threw my bags over my shoulder and walked home while in deep thought. I sighed, pulling out  my wallet, opening it up too look of the picture of me and my child hood hyung, it was a picture my hyung took, however, when I opened it up, I was shocked to see the picture wasn’t in there, my heart dropped. I looked through my wallet and bags quickly, still not seeing it.

May-maybe it’s better that I don’t have that photo…maybe I’ll be able to stop feeling guilty and move on with my life, putting what I did in the past. After all, I was young and stupid!

 

[Sungyeol’s PoV] 

I got home before Sungjong did because Sungjong had to help put the equipment away, anyway, I lay on my bed, flipping through my old journal, random pages would be stained red from blood, or they’d have dark spots from my tears, I flipped by a page, knowing the cursed picture would be there, however, when I went to the page the picture was gone. I smiled, maybe now that it’s gone I can forget about that horrible, horrible day.

 

 

[Sungjong’s PoV]

I stood in the park, tears over flowing. I looked at the identical photos in my hands, one of which came from Sungyeol’s journal and the other that came from Myungsoo’s wallet. So this ‘L’ kid that hurt Sungyeol hyung greatly when he was younger, is in fact Myungsoo…so…my suspicions were right.

Myungsoo lied to me…

Wait a second…

Sungyeol doesn’t remember Myungsoo, he remembers ‘L’ and according to the back of this photo Myungsoo remembers ‘Yeolie.’ So, they met, but didn’t exchange proper names? So, they don’t actually know each other, but at the same time they do, but don’t know it? I ruffled my own hair, wiping my eyes and sighing. My guess is that they aren’t lying and that they know each other, but just by different names…

Ok, this is so confusing…

Anyways, I better keep this to myself until it absolutely needs to be known.

However, this doesn't change anything...Myungsoo is the jerk who hurt Sungyeol.

 

DUN DUN DUN! Triple updates today...(It's still Friday)...Hopefully this chapter wasn't too boring...Hopefully, this story isn't too boring! Anyways, hope you enjoyed! :D