Sungjong’s Suspicions

From Black and White to Color

[Sungjong’s PoV]

Myungsoo walked into the café taking off his jacket and closing his umbrella, I smiled at him. We were still a little awkward together, after what happened, however, I was getting over my feelings and am moving onto Dongjun, who was a star soccer player on his school’s soccer team. Myungsoo and I have been best friends since we were kids and we both are happy because despite our time dating each other and kind of harsh break up, we were both back to being best friends. When he sat down, we all discussed the movie, after that we just sat around and talked.

“Did you guys hear that there is a new student entering the film/photo department of the high school…he’s apparently from Busan,” Said Key.

“Yeah, I heard about him,” Said Hoya, “Apparently he’s won a lot of National film and photography awards.”

“Yeah, he’s my step brother…” I said, “He really is a great photographer, but he’s weird…”

Myungsoo rolled his eyes, “He’s getting used to the new family.”

“How would you know?” I asked, still a little frustrated.

“I’ve done it twice, it’s not easy. Just give him some time,” Said Myungsoo, “I’m not continuing any farther…we’ve already had this argument over the phone...”

He then sat in silence, he’s been like this around me ever since we broke up…I guess he wants to crush my hope of us getting together again…I sighed and laid my head on the table.

“So, tell us about your brother.” Said Key, “Is he hot?”

“Key, stick to Jonghyun.” Said those of us here, Key rolled his eyes.

“Jonghyun and I have loved each other since we were little kids, do you think a new kid would break us apart?” asked Key, “If you do you all are idiots….Jjongie and I have been going out for six years, almost seven and we are still madly in love…”

“Well, at least you are…” muttered Niel.

“Anyways…Ignoring Niel’s rude comment…What is your hyung like?” asked Key.

“Mute towards me pretty much, he hasn’t even been here for 24 hours and he’s managed to disappear into thin air…He’s obsessed with photography, always carrying a camera around. He doesn’t really like his appa, because they haven’t seen each other in ten years…” I said, scratching the back of my head, “All I really know about him is that he loves his photography, if you touch one of his albums, he’ll flip out.”

“What does he look like?” asked Ricky, curiously.

“You’ll meet him, you are in photo aren’t you?” asked Kevin, “So, what does he look like? When is he entering school?”

“He’s coming to school in the second semester since this one is almost finished…” I said, sighing, “He’s taller than me by a few cm…He has brown-ish black hair, he’s rather skinny too. He seems cold, and is not interested in making friends; he’s made that clear to my appa and I.”

“Does he have a somewhat distant look in his eyes?” asked Myungsoo suddenly.

I nodded.

“I think I met him at the park, he had a camera bag…we walked here and he suddenly left…” said Myungsoo, I looked at him seeing an odd emotion in his eyes.

“Hyung are you ok?” I whispered so only he could here.

“Yeah…” said Myungsoo, he looked like he was in deep thought.

“Are you sure?” I asked.

“I’m fine.” Snapped Myungsoo, I flinched a bit. He stood up suddenly.

“Myungsoo?” I said we all looked at him; he threw on his jacket and opened his umbrella as he exited the café. I looked at his retreating back through the window with hurt and sadness in my eyes. I sighed and stood up, “I’m going to go…I have to memorize my scene in Romeo and Juliet scene still…”

“Alright, by Sungjong!” called the others, smiling at me. I forced a smile back and threw on my jacket, running to the bus stop not too far from the café, waiting five minutes for the bus to come. When it came, I boarded it in silence and sat in the only open seat in the back, laying my head against the cool glass of the window, my breath steaming up the glass.

 Myungsoo dumped me, so I should be the one aggravated with him, so, why is he upset with me? I frowned, better yet, why did his expression look so weird when I mentioned Sungyeol…Why did it darken? I sighed, hitting my aching chest. Why did I like him after all this? After the way he dumped me? I closed my eyes, I said I moved on, and I have…somewhat…Aishi, that’s not the point right now! Why is it that Myungsoo changed when I mentioned Sungyeol?

Hmmm…maybe they knew each other? They both lived in Busan after all…

I shook the thought out of my head as I walked into the house and to my room, to actually see that Sungyeol was asleep in his bed. I sighed; guess I wouldn’t be attempting to talk to him again today. I sighed and changed out of my wet clothes happily changing into dry warm ones, sliding under the covers of my bed, where I then sat the rest of the night, studying the script, while also getting distracted by thinking about the possibility of Myungsoo and Sungyeol knowing each other from Busan. I bit my bottom lip, what if they were more than friends? It’s a possibility because Myungsoo seemed uncomfortable all of a sudden…

I sighed, laying my book on the bedside table, shutting off the lamp, laying back on my bed, staring up at the ceiling, frowning.

Sungjong, relax, you probably are just overthinking the situation…Myungsoo was probably upset about something else…right? Aishi…sleep…sleep! You need to sleep, or else Mr. Kim will scold you for falling asleep in his class again…

 

Double update! :D