Evening Stroll

EXO SERIES: How To Fall For Park Chanyeol [EDITING]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

---

>>CHANYEOL'S POV<<

The day before our midterms, every student either stayed at school for some late self-study or went home to study there. We gathered at my house this time and studied diligently for our first exams this year. I felt like my head was going to explode any second. To keep up the spirit and prevent us from losing motivation, I tried to be positive and ease the tension.

"If we do well on the midterms, I will pay for our next meal!" I declared with a happy grin, hoping my wallet wouldn't suffer too much, though. "We only need to go through this before the school retreat, let's not lose any hope."

"I thought you would pay for our next meal anyway?" Ha Rin looked up from her textbook. "Plus, you will promise to teach me how to play the guitar."

"Guitar? All of a sudden?" Dong Hyuk joined our conversation and gazed Ha Rin curiously. "I could teach you to play the drums but that's also Chanyeol's speciality." He chuckled and turned back to the mock eaxm questions.

"It'd be really cool, I need another hobby and I can use the skill for many other things. I can't be the only one without an instrument in the club. Please?" Ha Rin asked me and blinked her eyes rapidly. I held her gaze. "Never mind then."

"Alright, I will." I gave in and was internally happy about Ha Rin's request. I don't know if the blinking is creeping me out or supposed to be cute. How am I supposed to say no? "It won't be easy, though. I'm self-taught and I've never taught anyone, but let's see when this busy person finds some time for you. Now, focus." I shoved her head back to create some distance and concentrated on my studies. Dong Hyuk stayed for dinner while Ha Rin went over to her house to eat with her family.

"Is everything going well? You should get much sleep today before the exam." My mother said as we sat at the dinner table. "Dong Hyuk-ah, Chanyeol doesn't doze off during class, right? I'm worried the training will have a bad effect on his sleeping habits."

Dong Hyuk laughed and glanced at me with a grin. "I wouldn't know but from his classmates I don't think I've heard of Chanyeol dozing off."

Me and sleeping in class? Maybe once or twice. I couldn't attend as many group sessions as I had hoped, but I had a good feeling. I was confident we'd do well on the midterms. "Of course everything is going well and I'm focusing well in class. There's nothing to worry about."

"Confident as always, Yeol." Dong Hyuk laughed and continued eating. "Auntie, the food is very delicious. I look forward mostly to your cooking whenever I'm here." Yeah, I understand him. She's my mother after all! I can eat whatever she makes.

"Yoo Dong Hyuk, you surely are good with words! It makes me happy to know you're enjoying the meals." My mother replied with a big smile and told us to eat some more. She literally prepared a feast for us. When would we finish all the food? 

"Dad, can I borrow your guitar for something soon? I'll take care of it." I asked my father, earning a curious look in return. "Ha Rin wants me to teach her so I planned on doing so after the retreat and exams. Don't worry, I won't let her use your guitar, she will use mine."

My father chuckled. "Go ahead, but it certainly won't be easy. Will you be able to keep up with Seong Ha Rin?"

Teaching in general is difficult, but with Ha Rin, I'm not so sure myself. "I'll just have to make it possible." I grinned at my father and finished the rest of my meal. "Let's go back to some more studying, shall we?"

Ha Rin returned right when we finished eating and we solved some more exam questions until it was time for Dong Hyuk to leave. We took our first exams for the next few days, went home early and many students were anxiously waiting for the results. Especially the usual top students were nervous. Funny how we three were relaxed about the midterms. If we mess up these, we still have the finals in summer, so it's not big of a problem. Everyone can mess up sometimes.

On the day of getting our results, our school mates gathered around the several boards to see their ranks. The bell had barely rung and the boys stormed off, only a few stayed back because they weren't in a hurry. I wasn't either, I took my time. Dong Hyuk peeked into the door and grinned at me, not being in a rush. "Let's wait a bit, the hallway's still crowded." And we had a huge hallway! It was our school's main pride.

"We can fetch Ha Rin on the way." I got up from my seat slowly and headed towards Ha Rin's classroom. It was empty when we arrived, the girls must've run off as well. "Seong Ha Rin, you ready?"

Ha Rin shrugged her shoulders. "I've never been more ready. What's for lunch today?"

"Already thinking of lunch, we weren't talking about that. Let's see if you are still in the mood for lunch if you see the results." Dong Hyuk and we slowly made our way to the display. By now, most of the students were gone but we couldn't get very close to the results. Thanks to my height, I had a great view. Dong Hyuk wasn't short but he might have a hard time finding a good spot among all those students. My eyes scanned the first ranks and I had to lower my gaze to look for our names.

"Can you see something?" Ha Rin asked and tried to get a peek of the display. Though Ha Rin wasn't particularly short, the guys in front of her were taller and blocked her view. When the other students left one by one, Dong Hyuk and Ha Rin saw it for themselves. "Not bad. It could've been worse."

Our ranks were close to each other but Dong Hyuk was above both Ha Rin and I. "Yoo Dong Hyuk, how can you be so high up there? Two ranks above me?"

Dong Hyuk simply grinned and shrugged his shoulders nonchalantly. "I guess I'm just way smarter." And I chased him down the hallway. That's what's fun. Running around and playing together without any worries.

Seong Ha Rin and I each borrowed a small suitcase from our siblings to pack a few things for the school retreat. It was going to be a three-day, two-night trip at some kind of training centre with special instructors and guided by the teachers. Rather than a school trip, those retreats would have a program and activities. I heard from a few of my old middle school friends who went to different schools that their school retreats were basically mini military camps, but Ha Neul assured me it wasn't going to be quite like that. I'm too young to go into a military camp, I thought this is supposed to be fun and relaxing after the exams. It wasn't my first school retreat but I was worried.

"There is still some space left." I mumbled to myself while sitting on the floor and organising my suitcase. What do I need? Not many clothes, my hair and skin products, some more snacks. I wouldn't go to training for three days which was actually refreshing for a change. Having fun and making memories, getting closer to the kids from other classes. Eating lots behind the teachers' backs, sneaking out, all the fun things.

"Park Chanyeol, are you still packing?" I heard Ha Rin's voice from afar before she swung my door open. As usual, she never knocked on my door. Talking about privacy. "It's just for three days, what do you need all this for?" She joined me and took a seat opposite of me on the floor.

"I have to look at my best at day and night even if we are on a trip! And these are snacks, I'll have to hide them well." I explained and stowed the several packets under my clothes. "What about you? Are you done? No standing in front of the wardrobe because you don't have any clothes?"

Ha Rin shook her head. "I packed what I need. You know how quick I am to get ready, it doesn't take long." Right, Ha Rin doesn't really care about those like I do.

"Why are you here by the way? Are you looking for something?" I asked and figured she wouldn't have come here if she was simply bored.

"Yeah, I was wondering if you'd take this one with you." Ha Rin pointed on my guitar and its case. "It'll be difficult to transport the drums from school."

"Oh, right. Min Jae and I are taking our guitars with us for the performance at the talent show. We all need some music to create a good atmosphere!" I grinned, thinking of the last night of the school retreat where many students would show what they have prepared and perform on the stage. Whatever we'd do on the few days, everyone was looking forward to the event to wrap up the school retreat because that was the most fun part.

"And when are you teaching me? We did well enough on the test." Ha Rin questioned me and suddenly spotted the other guitar in its case. "That's your father's one, righ

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter