Trip

EXO SERIES: How To Fall For Park Chanyeol [EDITING]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

---

>>CHANYEOL'S POV<<

My heart. I placed my hand on my chest and breathed out deeply. I swear I could feel Ha Rin's heart beat just as fast. Or was it my imagination? Was it just mine? Honestly, I was quite shocked about what I did. It was the very first time as well, I've never properly hugged her, even less so intimately. It felt very nice, though. Like I had the whole world. Maybe I was a bit clumsy, I didn't know where to put my hands, what was appropriate, how long to hold her, how tight. But it was something I could get used to. Imagine doing that every day if we were together.

Anyways, talking to Dong Hyuk made me ponder about a lot on our way home. I wasn't sure what to do. It might be better to put off those feelings and thoughts until at least the end of the year. Soon, we would enter the next school year and I've been having a really hard with training these past months. With all this pressure, having an unrequited crush on top of that, I was unable to handle everything.

Yoo Ra has always told me that my time as a teenager and in school was supposed to be fun. She has always told me not to pressure myself and enjoy it. Easier said than done. At this point, I was questioning everything. If what I was doing was the right thing, if I should start looking into something else. I know I'm not debuting anytime soon, especially with my dance instructors scolding me so much. I can't dance and I can't imagine myself ever doing that right.

It was all going well with my plans to put off the feelings and focus on different things. Before we knew it, we became second-year students. Our school introduced penalty points as well as strict hairstyle regulations. I wanted to grow my hair a bit more and style it but now I wasn't allowed to do any of it! So unfair. But being me, of course I couldn't just not get into trouble. I carried some styling wax and hairspray with me and would do my hair behind the teachers' backs. I did get into a lot of trouble but didn't care about racking up the penality points for breaking the rules. It was fun and I looked great with the hair so I didn't regret anything.

On a fine spring day, my two friends and I sat outside during our break to enjoy the nice weather. It was warmer and the cherry blossoms were already blooming. Sadly I couldn't walk home with Ha Rin. It would've been nice to see the cherry blossoms on our way. Well, at least she could share the view with Dong Hyuk.

Sure, I had decided to wait a bit, but that didn't mean being with Ha Rin left me cold. I'd still get nervous around her, but I've become more confident. However, to not shock her with a confession rightaway, I was planning to show her how I felt. Showing her more sides of me that she didn't know before.

Currently though, Ha Rin was very quiet. She didn't want to join in the match so only Dong Hyuk went on the field. I stayed back with Ha Rin. Maybe she had a bad day or was moody, so I was afraid to say something until I noticed Ha Rin holding her tummy. Edging closer to her on the bench, I whispered into her ear. "Are you okay? Do you want to go to the nurse's room?"

Ha Rin shook her head. "I'll be better soon." So she was in pain.

Was it from something she ate? I calculated in my head. Dang it. I rummaged in my bag but found nothing. Normally, I'd always have some painkillers in there just in case. Although Ha Rin didn't explicitly say it was her period, I figured so strongly. Great I didn't bring anything, it was unexpected, I needed to be prepared next time. They should have something at the nurse's room but there was a specific one Ha Rin took and she didn't want to take anything else. So picky. 

Looking at my watch, I checked how much time was left until the break was over. I can make it if I'm fast. "I'll be right back. Give me one minute." I got up and rushed to the exit of the school while being careful not to get caught. If I got caught, I'd get into real trouble. I didn't care about the penalty points, but not getting the medicine for Ha Rin in time would break me.

I turned back to the school exit to make sure no one was after me and ran to the next pharmacy. Hopefully I had enough money to buy the right one for her. I didn't check or prepare since I was short on time. Getting the pills for Ha Rin, I hurried back to the school and glanced at my watch. Dang it, three minutes. She better be still sitting where I left her.

However, entering the school without being caught was equally difficult. Act natural, act normal. "Seong Ha Rin!" The school bell rang just as I arrived at the benches outside. I couldn't even take a seat and I was out of breath. "Take this." Ha Rin looked up at me confused. I handed her the pack discreetly.

"Ah, thanks." Ha Rin accepted it and took one rightaway. I picked up her water bottle and handed it to her as well. "I'm impressed you got the right one. You had some in your bag?"

"Not today." I scratched the back of my head and grinned. I bought a few more this time to be safe. "That's the least I should know after getting it wrong so many times." And getting upset at by Ha Rin in return. Yeah. Now it was fine. I was used to being sent to buy some stuff for both Ha Rin and Yoo Ra. "Now let's go to class, the bell just rang."

Ha Rin nodded her head and got up reluctantly. I dropped her off at her classroom with Dong Hyuk and we continued our way to our respective classes. 

"Dong Hyuk-ah, you're going home with Ha Rin today, right?" I questioned my friend, a bit envious. If it wasn't for my training. "She is a bit grumpy and sensitive today. Take care of her for me, please."

"Of course, buddy. You take care of yourself, too." Dong Hyuk patted my back and smiled. "Oh, we're going to a music festival tomorrow. In Gyeonggi-do. We wanted to go out of the city and see some new things. But you're not coming?"

I lowered my head and looked at my shoes, shaking my head. Ha Rin had asked me about it before but I had to turn the offer down. I'd love to go, I really wanted to, but I had a new goal and in order to debut quickly, I had to improve. There were still so many things I had to improve, so I had a long way. Back in middle school, we would go to many festivals and hang out there. It was fun, relaxing, we'd watch, admire the singers and talk about performing at school festivals with the band. Good times.

"Sorry, training." I replied with a wry smile. "Have fun there." And I meant it. I'd get a bit hurt for the first times they went without me and had fun without me but I got used to it by now. Just a few more months, or years. If I finish this and get through the training, I can debut quickly and make my family and friends proud, too.

I wonder where Ha Rin and I will be, and if maybe she will still be by my side until then.

>>HA RIN'S POV<<

Thanks to the painkillers, I felt better and the day passed by without any big problems. While I was walking home with Dong Hyuk, he told me about it. Dong Hyuk didn't know either since he was busy on the school yard, however, apparently Chanyeol told him what happened after that.

"He went to buy the medicine during the break. I didn't notice him sneaking off at all but I'm not that surprised he had the courage to do that." Dong Hyuk laughed and mentioned all of Chanyeol's penalty points. "He doesn't care about those points in the first place, but imagine if he got caught."

"All that effort for that? I wouldn't have died from not having the painkillers, he didn't need to go out of his way." So that was what Chanyeol meant by he didn't have the pills with him today. I didn't know.

"But Chanyeol wanted to." Dong Hyuk explained how stubborn he could be sometimes. "And he cares about you."

I guess so. We were great friends after all. "I'll have some with me for the next time."

Dong Hyuk just sighed and shook his head. "I guess I couldn't help him even if he asked me to." My friend mumbled to himself. I looked at him confused but he shook his head again and said it was nothing. "I'll pick you up tomorrow and we go to the train station together?"

"Yeah, let's do that." I replied and saw our house from afar. We've almost arrived. Dong Hyuk said he'd be dropping me off today and he had some kind of mission. No idea what he is talking about but never mind. "Chanyeol isn't coming again." I had asked him about the music festival before. Even though I knew ninety percent of his answers, I'd still ask him to tag along. Usually he would answer with training.

"Chanyeol turned the offer down today as well." Dong Hyuk recounted and sighed. I couldn't remember the last time we all went somewhere together to have fun without Chanyeol having to leave early or having to practise.

"I do understand him so I'm not mad or anything. It's his dream." I explained to Dong Hyuk and stopped walking, finally arriving in front of the house. "We're barely seeing him now, not that I'm complaining. And it's been like over a year already?"

"So, does that make you disappointed? Just going as two is boring?" Dong Hyuk joked and let out a laugh.

I hit his arm. "You know that's not what I meant. Of course, it would be more fun if we were more people." I felt like slowly, we were getting used to Chanyeol not being with us anymore. "I'm not sure about it making me disappointed. But it's certainly unfortunate."

Wrapping up the conversation, I waved him goodbye and went inside first. Tomorrow was another day. It was supposed to be fun. I did consider

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter