Taxi

EXO SERIES: How To Fall For Park Chanyeol [EDITING]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: STILL EDITING

---

>>CHANYEOL'S POV<<

"I've told you that you shouldn't have come here for me." I said on our way to Kyungsoo. Once I saw all the missed calls and scary messages of Ha Rin, I realized she came to Samseong for real. From then, I was worried not only about Ha Rin but about me because she would kill me once Ha Rin found me. 

About the audition, I was actually quite confident about it. Regardless wether I would pass or not, I wanted to do the audition in order to become a singer. With my grades, I could go to a good university and I also wanted to attend college, but now that I was almost graduating I had to think of my future. 

"I said I didn't come for you." Ha Rin responded crossing her arms. "I came for the food. You owe me a meal." Ha Rin smirked and walked ahead. Even if Ha Rin only came because eomma asked her to, Ha Rin stopped being a lazy brat for once and came to Samseong for me. Because she was worried. No matter what her true reason was, I was still allowed to imagine. Even if my imagination was not realistic. For once, I wanted to believe that Ha Rin came because she was worried. "So? How did it go? Did you fail or pass?" Ha Rin questioned me. 

"What do you think?" I asked her back and gazed the food bag in my hand. Eomma packed my lunch and Ha Rin brought it. Well, it was cold but I would eat it later no matter what and I would enjoy it. "Did I pass or did I fail?" 

"Then what if you failed? Will you come here again?" Ha Rin raised her eyebrows at me, but didn't sound curious at all. "For your information, I will never personally bring your lunch again if you should ask." 

I let out a laugh. "I will come here again either way." I said watching Ha Rin's reaction. Of course she didn't understand my hint. Ha Rin wasn't as smart as me when it came to school, but sometimes it was just her. She didn't show any reaction because she didn't know. However, I sighed inaudibly and continued talking. "At first it wasn't certain if I passed or not. Turned out I did pass. I'll begin training rightaway." It might sound exciting and all that, but Kyungsoo was a trainee as well and he told us a lot about SM. I hesitated to join. It was my dream so I took the offer but I didn't see that coming to be honest. And to admit, Ha Rin was better than me in that field. Sadly or rather luckily, Ha Rin didn't even dare to think of becoming an idol. 

"You passed?" Ha Rin questioned me. "Wow, first Dong Hyuk, then Kyungsoo and now you. I have no idea why you are all so keen on training. You have planned your future. I need to get into university, at least." 

"With your grades?" I laughed earning a hit from Ha Rin. It was true though. "I am tutoring you but you are still lacking. You won't get into university with your grades." 

"See? Regardless wether you are a good or bad tutor, it doesn't help. So there's also no need to continue tutoring me. It's a waste of time, I've told you. You just focus on your training or whatever you are doing." Ha Rin responded as we arrived at the restaurant. 

At the beginning, when I was the one who offered her to be tutored by me, I sincerely wanted Ha Rin to have better grades in school because I was concerned she wouldn't be able to pass the final exams later. But knowing my friend, Ha Rin would somehow get through that and pass anyway despite being one of the students who were last place in class. Then I just thought it would be nice to spend time with her. However, we have already been together since birth and we saw each other everyday. Tutoring her wasn't easy. It was frustrating. Well now it seemed as if Ha Rin really didn't need my help. She would figure it out on her own. Like she would figure out her feelings one day, I was hoping that but I doubted she would ever. 

>>HA RIN'S POV<<

"So what are you all going to do today?"Baekhyun asked everyone. Summer arrived and disappeared again. It was around mid-August now. School started because the summer vacation ended. I didn't do a lot during the vacation. My parents and Chanyeol's family also couldn't afford to go somewhere. Besides, it were only three months until the final exams. I knew I had to prepare but I was lazy. I wanted to attend university, but until now I haven't even done anything for that. Chanyeol stopped tutoring me like I said, but my grades were still the same, I guessed. 

It was lunch time now. We were just talking about the vacation. Out of everyone here, Baekhyun had the most things to talk about. Our three trainees were busy training. Even Chanyeol had something to do and he never did something. Now that he was a trainee, he had less free time and I was always walking home from school alone. Chanyeol and I didn't always go home together. He was mostly a few meters behind me after school. But now Chanyeol always travelled to Cheongdam with Kyungsoo as soon as school would end. I didn't even want to imagine how he kept things up with school and training. Must be hard. However, Chanyeol's performances in school were still first place in the whole class. 

Baekhyun was talking about his vacation in America. He didn't look too good, though. Something probably happened. If there was something, he would've said it. 

Like Chanyeol. He had something to say and he did. He confessed. His feelings. I expected us to remain as friends, because I couldn't imagine that Chanyeol would like me so much that he would distance himself from me. It was like always after a few days and I tried to act normal and comfortable around him like I used to. But still, his confession couldn't get out of my head. How was I supposed to act as if nothing happened after Chanyeol confessed his feelings for me? However, we went on the class trip about three months ago. Did Chanyeol move on? I was wondering. I was asking myself if Chanyeol was sick of waiting and decided to move on instead and remain as friends with me.

I couldn't help it. I still couldn't figure out my feelings. I didn't know if I ever felt something for Chanyeol. Just by looking at him, should I feel something? Whenever someone else was talking, I would look at Chanyeol to see his reaction. He didn't talk unless he was joking around with our friends or when one of us talked to him first. He was in his own world, silently. In class, he would just read a comic or listen to music while Baekhyun, Kyungsoo and Dong Hyuk joked around together because Chanyeol didn't want to be disturbed. Or he simply avoided me. I could understand it if it was the case. I would be hurt, but I needed to see things from his point of view, too. 

"Kyungsoo-ya, we need to be fast to catch the train later." Chanyeol said before he sipped his water bottle. 

"Just because we missed it the last time." Kyungsoo shook his head and sighed. "Whose fault was it?" Chanyeol fell silent after his question and shrugged his shoulders innocently. "Aren't you hungry? I haven't seen you eat lunch." 

"It's fine. I ate this morning." Chanyeol responded and sipped his water bottle again. He lied. He didn't eat this morning because he was in a hurry. I even woke up earlier than him and I couldn't wake Chanyeol up just by calling his name so I took a pillow to hit him. Yoora eonni told me Chanyeol came home late at night from training and fell asleep as soon as he arrived in his bedroom. He didn't even have time to eat and if he had free time, he was studying. I felt sorry. That was why I'd prefer to attend university than training although I enjoyed music. 

"I'm going to accompany you. The company is not that far from yours." Dong Hyuk added and got up. "Lunch is over. Let's go." 

School finally ended and I left the building. Baekhyun waved me goodbye and entered the bus. Dong Hyuk, Kyungsoo and Chanyeol walked in the opposite direction. "Ha Rin, go home safely." Kyungsoo said waving me goodbye either before the three guys left. Another walk home by myself. At these times, I'd feel lonely walking home. 

Well, instead of walking home I headed to the restaurant of Chanyeol's mother. Wearing my high school uniform and my rucksack on my bag, I strolled around my neighbourhood and entered the restaurant, greeting Chanyeol's parents. Yoora eonni was there too to help abeoji and eomoni. 

"Ha Rin-ah, you are coming here directly from school?" Chanyeol's mother questioned me surprised as she saw I was still wearing my uniform. I nodded and leaned against the counter. "Where's Chanyeol? Did he go to training already?" 

I nodded again and placed my bag behind the counter. "Chanyeol went with Kyungsoo and Dong Hyuk. And I just came here to help." Mr. Park came towards me and handed me a tray. "Abeoji, I didn't come to eat but to help." 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter