Impossible

EXO SERIES: How To Fall For Park Chanyeol [EDITING]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: STILL EDITING

---

>>CHANYEOL'S POV<<

Sigh. Where should I start? Kwak Sae Byul. She was a year younger than me. She was a gentle and smart girl. Quite the opposite of Seong Ha Rin. I met Sae Byul coincidentally. I was on my way to the SM Entertainment building when I ran into her. I imagined falling in love at first sight when you would spill coffee over your clothes, share an umbrella when rain was pouring or take the other person's hand because you bumped into each other. It was nothing like this. With Ha Rin, I fell in love for the first time on our first day of high school. 

I didn't have a special reason to like Ha Rin. She was just her. In my eyes, Ha Rin was beautiful. Although we knew each other since birth, there were no romantic feelings until that day. 

Kwak Sae Byul was a good person. I didn't tell anyone I met her. Why would I? I didn't want to be teased by my friends. Anyway, I also didn't think of introducing Sae Byul to them. About Ha Rin, I could tell her but was she ever interested? When I introduced her to Ah Reum noona, she didn't seem to care too. If I told my friend, she could see it as an attempt to get over my feelings. 

Did I meet Sae Byul in order to move on? I tried. I was not the type to date several other women after an unrequited love. I was simply not interested. Ha Rin was lacking a lot and Sae Byul was not. Regardless, my feelings were still for Ha Rin. Unfortunately. I should've fallen in love with Sae Byul instead. I was aware that Ha Rin was lacking. I knew her since my whole life after all. And still, Ha Rin was the only person I ever saw as a woman. Shall I just date Sae Byul and move on in that way? 

"Oppa, thanks for walking me home." Sae Byul smiled at me. It would be so much easier for me if I liked Sae Byul. I couldn't help my feelings, though. If Ha Rin acted the way Sae Byul did, it wouldn't be the same. I wouldn't want Ha Rin to change even if she was lacking. No matter what, Ha Rin was beautiful. 

"See you again." Sae Byul said before entering her house. I smiled on my way home. Why I was still seeing Sae Byul if my feelings for Ha Rin didn't change? Well, I simply still had a spark of hope that maybe I could somehow move on from my unrequited love. 

On my way home, I received a call from Dong Hyuk. I was wondering why this punk called me at this hour. However, I answered his call. "What's up?" 

"Wow, I guessed it right." I heard Dong Hyuk laughing on the phone. "Yah, Do Kyungsoo. You owe me a meal." 

"Are you drunk or something? Why are you together at this hour?" I questioned them and let out a laugh. "What are you doing? What is the reason to treat you to a meal?" 

"Hyung said you would pick up your phone and I said you wouldn't. Well, you answered the call so I obviously lost." I heard Kyungsoo saying and finally understood. Why would I not pick up, though. "Are you at home? Has Ha Rin talked to you?" 

I raised my eyebrows in surprise. "Talked to me? About what?" I couldn't remember the last time we were able to talk to each other alone, without anyone around us. We were always with our friends. On our way to school, we would not say a lot. 

"Then you aren't at home right now?" Dong Hyuk asked me back but I denied it. "So it's like this, Chanyeolie. Whatever, just wanted to know. Go home safely then." 

They left me confused. My questions were unanswered. Before Dong Hyuk and Kyungsoo hung up, I still heard Kyungsoo saying something. "I feel sorry. Ha Rin hasn't talked to him yet." Even this didn't help me. What was this supposed to mean anyway? 

I headed home and met Yoora noona in the kitchen as soon as I arrived. She was still up. It was late and she needed to get up early the next morning. Getting a glass of water, I leaned against the kitchen counter and waited for noona to say something because obviously she wanted to. Noona gazed me with an undefinable expression. Was she suspicious? I told her I met a friend though. 

"Tell me if you want to say something, noona." I said and sipped the glass of water. "You shouldn't stay awake too long, though." 

"You should rather tell that Ha Rin." Noona mumbled causing me to tilt my head slightly. She looked up again and crossed her arms at me. "Where have you been that you come home this late?" 

"I was hanging out with my friends." I couldn't tell noona now even though I never kept any secrets with my sister. I never told Yoora noona about my liking towards Ha Rin or that I was meeting Sae Byul these days. For now.

Noona raised her eyebrows at me. "Really? Kyungsoo and Dong Hyuk were all here today, though." I frowned slightly and placed the glass of water on the counter. Now I was completely confused. "Not to play games, Chanyeol. Whatever, I won't tell you. If there is something you need to tell noona, you should do it. I am your sister. Do you think I won't notice anything." 

Yoora noona patted my back and let out a sigh. "Don't get startled. She waited really long for you to come home." My sister was on the verge of leaving when she turned around to ask me something. "Did you fight or why are you avoiding Ha Rin?" I was avoiding Ha Rin? 

"You seem like you have no idea, but you are unwittingly doing that. Even I can see that. Good night, Chanyeolie." Noona gave me a weak smile and entered her bedroom. I was left alone in the kitchen and tried to understand the meaning of what she just said. I was unwittingly avoiding Ha Rin. 

Still thinking about the weird things my friends and even noona said to me today, I was confused. Entering my bedroom, I was startled. I exhaled, understanding what Yoora noona reminded me of earlier. Ha Rin was sitting on a chair and her head was lying on my desk. When Ha Rin was asleep I would always recall why I started liking her. Right now, Ha Rin looked innocent. She wasn't of course. I softly smiled and headed towards my desk to see her face. Carefully, I caressed her cheek with my fingers and sighed inaudibly. What is she doing here again? 

This might be the last time I would be so close to her and the last time I would feel that way towards Ha Rin while looking at her. I would move on one day and experience a new love. I didn't want to feel that unrequited love anymore. At least, I was happy before I decided to confess. I felt relieved when I finally did, but honestly without knowing what Ha Rin thought of me, I felt better than now. I was slowly getting tired of waiting. I was almost desperately trying to make Ha Rin like me for the past years and I failed. 

Did Ha Rin wait for me? Thinking it might be true, I smiled again. What if she really did? I was outside with Sae Byul the whole time. I had fun. I remembered Yoora noona saying our friends were here with a different reason from usual. Including what Kyungsoo and Dong Hyuk said on the phone, they were here for real.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter