Reason

EXO SERIES: How To Fall For Park Chanyeol [EDITING]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: STILL EDITING

---

>>HA RIN'S POV<<

"Are you sure? Like really?" Kyungsoo and Dong Hyuk questioned me as we sat outside during lunch. Baekhyun and Chanyeol were not here currently. I didn't want to know what exactly they did, but obviously they were somewhere else during our break. "Since when?" 

"I figured it out a few days ago." I let out a sigh. I didn't feel any embarrassment talking to them like that about my feelings. They were my best friends after all and the only ones who knew until now. Not even Yoora eonni did. I would have to tell her soon, though. I just didn't know how her reaction would look like. It was her younger brother after all.

Kyungsoo glanced at Dong Hyuk and turned his head to me then. "Then what is the problem? Chanyeolie likes you and you like him too, I guess. So why don't you confess to him and start dating afterwards?" 

I gazed Dong Hyuk who put his arm around Kyungsoo's shoulder. Now I was embarassed. This girl we have seen Chanyeol with would never be able to seduce him. Chanyeol probably didn't know her for long. The time they spent together was nothing compared to ours since birth until now. Well, then again I didn't know Kim Ah Reum and she turned out to be a high school senior to this time. She was about two years older than us. 

"So that's how it is." Kyungsoo quickly understood and leaned back. "Well, I didn't notice any changes the past days. Chanyeolie was like always. However, what was her name? Kwak Sae Byul? Shall I talk to Chanyeol perhaps?" 

I shook my head saying it was alright. "You don't need to, Kyungsoo. If I wanted to talk to him, I should do it." Chanyeol told me he would wait for an answer. Now I doubted that he was still waiting. He might not care which was understandable. 

For now, I wasn't certain if I should talk to Chanyeol about Kwak Sae Byul. A pretty face but there was nothing behind it. If she was pretty, I couldn't judge it. In my opinion, Kwak Sae Byul was just average. For Chanyeol maybe, she was pretty. 

"It took you really long, Ha Rin." Dong Hyuk added and sipped his water bottle. "Chanyeol confessed to you around two or three months ago."

I know. "Isn't it funny? Our first kiss was just last year and I really didn't feel anything. But when I saw Chanyeol this morning, I liked this feeling." Chanyeol must've been wondering why my smile almost reached to my ears. "Whatever, just because I have feelings for him our label won't change. He is still my friend from childhood and I bear with him ever since." 

Dong Hyuk and Kyungsoo laughed at my comment. "It is funny, Ha Rin. Considering how you've never received his signals. We had no idea either. One day, we just found out. It was obvious to us but perhaps not for you or the others. So then, what are you going to do now? You need to tell Chanyeol before it's too late. The finals exams are soon and this girl might take your friend before you have the chance to." 

I know that too. At first, I didn't plan to rush things. However, now that I knew what I felt I just wanted to be clear about it. What was the use in running away and hiding? I needed to grow up. I would graduate soon if I passed my final exams. My plan was it to be straightforward. How should I do that when I was so nervous? 

"Do you know if Chanyeol goes to your agency after school?" Dong Hyuk and I both turned to our friend. He always went there after school with Chanyeol. I couldn't remember the last time we walked home together. It was not the case that I desperately wanted Chanyeol to walk home with me like usually did because of some incident. We would always walk in a silence, Chanyeol would be beside me or behind me. There was nothing to talk about because we were always together anyway. 

Kyungsoo shook his head. "Honestly Chanyeol always showed up late for training so he was often punished. I go to training alone these days." Chanyeol showed up late and let Kyungsoo go there alone without him? He was so stupid. Why wasting his precious time on some girl? What was so special about her? 

"You need to convince him to go to training together. Even getting punished for that, this punk." I responded and thought of the reasons why Chanyeol was really foolish. 

"Yah, I thought you like him." Dong Hyuk laughed crossing his arms. I told him that I did, but this didn't change my point of view because Chanyeol was just like that sometimes. When I would look at him, I would feel happy but flustered at the same time. I've seen his face for our whole life and now I've gotten to really like it.

"Whatever. Now that you realized you have feelings towards Chanyeolie, it's a big step forward and some progress. The last step is to find out if Chanyeol still likes you or he might have moved on already, perhaps because of another girl." Kyungsoo professed causing me to slowly nod. The other girl, Kwak Sae Byul. "I will try to find out some things." 

"Chanyeol-ah, where are you going now after school?" I questioned my friend as the teacher announced that we could go home. I have packed my school bag already and stood in front of Chanyeol's desk. 

Chanyeol didn't mind me at all while putting his books into his bag. "Not much. Just training as always." Liar.

"With Kyungsoo again? Won't you ever go to the restaurant to help?" I tried digging but there was no use. Chanyeol wouldn't tell me anything. "Can't you skip training for once?" I pouted and made my best puppy eyes at him even though I already knew the answer. He wouldn't skip training, but he would be late because of some girl. "Please?" 

"I won't go with Kyungsoo nor anyone else." Chanyeol's gaze fell on his watch. "I need to go. See you later." There was no later. I watched Chanyeol getting up and leaving the classroom. I turned around to see Dong Hyuk standing there and Kyungsoo coming back in. 

He sighed with a weak smile on his face. "If he wanted us to know, he would tell us." It was the same for me. If I wanted Chanyeol to know that I liked him, I would tell him. Heck, I wanted to tell him. But did I ever have the chance since I realized it? Chanyeol avoided me. We couldn't have a proper conversation. Kyungsoo patted my back slightly and I followed my friends out of the school building. 

"I will just go straight home today. See you tomorrow." I waved them goodbye and walked to my place in a daze. Does Chanyeol still like me? Has he already moved on? 

Yoora eonni was at home today. She still had free time. Today, I wanted to talk to her. Also about Chanyeol. He would've told his sister. Therefore, Yoora eonni would tell me either. She was my best friend after all. I walked into her bedroom. Abeoji and eomoni were still at the restaurant, Chanyeol wouldn't be here before midnight anyway. 

Yoora eonni smiled at me as I came in. "Ha Rin-ah, how was school?" 

I shrugged my shoulders and leaned back on her bed. "The usual." I responded causing my friend to turn to me while sitting on her chair. "Chanyeol's the same, but I never see him after school now."

"Right, Chanyeol is busy with training and studying. I know your struggles, but Chanyeol can keep it up." Yoora eonni replied and slowly approached the bed I was lying on. "And what about you? You seem to feel uneasy." 

I do. "It's because of Chanyeol." I admitted and sat up. "He is meeting someone these days. Some girl named Kwak Sae Byul. She is definitely not from this neighborhood, I've never seen her here before. Probably from Gangnam or something. Chanyeol must've met her during training." What if that girl was a fellow trainee? Well, she would be late to training too if Chanyeol was. It didn't make any sense. 

"What are you trying to tell me? That my brother is dating?" Yoora eonni asked me raising her eyebrows. She became suspicious and curious. "Regarding what you just told me, it pretty much sounds like that. Isn't that good for him then? I mean, Chanyeolie is able to train and study. It's fine for him if he is in a relationship, but I am afraid it might be too much pressure on Chanyeol." 

"That's not exactly what I am worried about, but you can see the whole thing from that point as well." I let out a laugh and sigh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter