First Steps

EXO SERIES: How To Fall For Park Chanyeol [EDITING]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

---

>>CHANYEOL'S POV<<

Nothing has changed since that incident.

I was really disappointed, but I should've expected it and seen it coming. I finally managed to gather some courage, but I couldn't help but to feel embarrassed after. Strictly speaking, it wasn't even that smart of a move; what if Ha Rin didn't want it at all? Or I made her uncomfortable? We ended up not talking about it at all, so maybe it didn't mean anything to her. 

It wasn't like I didn't try. That next day, I went over and met Ha Rin to go to the station together, but she acted like nothing happened. For a moment, I even doubted myself. Did I imagine it? But no, it happened, I kissed Seong Ha Rin. I still can't believe it to be honest.

Considering how Ha Rin brushed it off like nothing, I got nervous to confess my feelings. Instead, I was planning to show her differently. To be fair, I was quite sure she didn't have the slightest idea about my feelings. And by now, I knew it wasn't a mere crush anymore, I really liked Ha Rin. A lot. More than I wanted to admit at first.

So one fine day, I saved up enough to buy something for her. I had gone to a shop and carefully chose a basket of twenty roses to be sent to Ha Rin directly. However, when I came home that day briefly, I met my sister carrying an oddly familiar basket.

"What's that?" I walked towards Yoo Ra and took out the card from the basket to check.

"Aren't they pretty? Ha Rin gave them to me. Someone sent it to her but she gave it to me because she isn't a big fan of flowers." My sister replied with a big smile. "I told her to keep them, though. Poor guy who sent them."

"What? She doesn't like flowers? How could that happen?" My eyes went wide and I put the card back in. That was mine. I had written something into the card and even changed my handwriting, like back when I made the chocolate for her.

"You didn't know? I thought you did after all those years, Yeol-ah. Flowers are just not her thing, I don't know. Who do you think her secret admirer is, though? When I look at the card, the handwriting somewhat resembles yours." Yoo Ra knew for sure and she smiled knowingly. She was probably amused to see me so shocked.

"No idea, really." I sighed inaudibly and forced a smile. My plan failed. 

"So if you find out, tell that person Ha Rin received the flowers and was thankful as she understood the message. At least I think she did. But next time, you should reconsider giving her flowers." Yoo Ra patted my shoulder and was about to leave with the basket.

"Tch, why me anyway? I would never send her anything. But if I know who it is, I will make sure to tell that person." I mumbled, trying to hide my disappointment. My plan failed.

"Of course. But it was a good start, Chanyeol." My sister smiled encouragingly before leaving me back in the room. That same day, I sat at my computer, looking up different gift ideas. Maybe I should knit her something? A hat to warm her ears during winter, a pillow or a scarf. But it's spring, Park Chanyeol, wrong season.

Later, I ended up asking my sister and my mother anyway. My mother was a bit surprised over me wanting to learn while Yoo Ra probably had an idea as to why. I approached my sister to ask her for some advice. I contemplated whether to ask her at all because I was a bit clumsy and embarrassed. She's my sister, but still, if she knows, why doesn't Ha Rin know? Am I not showing it enough?

"To be honest, there is someone that I've been liking for a while." I started and pretended to look at this very interesting spot on the ground.

"Is it Ha Rin?" Yoo Ra questioned me straight out and smiled softly. My eyes widened and I knew I was growing red, especially my ears. I hid my face in embarrassment. I'm caught. "Sorry, I wanted to let you finish, but you seemed to be struggling."

"How did you know?" Maybe it was a stupid question. Of course, Yoo Ra would know. I was bad at lying and she was my sister.

"I'm not dumb, Yeol-ah, and it's very obvious. To me, at least. It might not be the case for Ha Rin." Yoo Ra explained and went on to talk about me having to confess. "The always so confident Park Chanyeol isn't confident about confessing? I'm afraid in this situation there is no other way around it."

"Yoo Ra, it's not about being confident about it. I know that I will get rejected. Whether she knows or not. I'm certainly not saying this because I'm scared but I know she doesn't feel the same way. A rejection will not only hurt my pride, but also make things awkward between us. I don't want to lose Ha Rin as a friend." I lowered my head and was ready for Yoo Ra's nagging. For being a coward. "The problem is, we are too comfortable with each other. She doesn't get nervous around me, she talks to me easily, she doesn't see me the same way I see her."

"Ha Rin is my best friend and you are my only brother. I can see you two getting together but of course, we don't know what will happen in the future. Your worries shouldn't keep you from confessing, though, she will probably need some time to think about it anyway. Do you need me to help?" My sister tilted her head slightly to see my expression.

"No, thank you. I'd like to do this on my own, Yoo Ra. Maybe it will pass naturally, too, I don't know." I let out a sigh and my sister gave me a pat on my back. "I needed this talk, thank you. But don't tell Ha Neul about it, please. If he finds out I like his sister, no matter how close we are, I'm a bit afraid."

Yoo Ra grinned. "I won't, don't worry."

The conversation got some weight off of my shoulders. The only person who knew was Dong Hyuk, but he for sure was getting tired of me talking about Ha Rin. With my training schedule and school, it was difficult to see Ha Rin at all.

I collapsed into my bed and stared at the ceiling. I didn't know liking someone could be so tiring.

>>HA RIN'S POV<<

"Seong Ha Rin! Don't tell me you are still sleeping!" I heard someone's voice as I was slowly waking up and opening my eyes. That was some good sleep. I stretched myself and looked at the time. Shoot. The door swung wide open and Chanyeol entered my bedroom. "I knew it."

I slept through my alarm but it seemed Chanyeol did too. Even if I got up and dressed quickly, ate no breakfast, we wouldn't make it in time for our train to school. Luckily, the trains came regularly and we wouldn't have to wait an hour, but we'd still be late and get penalty points. Not that Chanyeol cared much about it. They were still piling up.

"Get ready, we might need to run to catch the train, but with your short legs I'm not sure." Chanyeol grabbed my school bag and left my bedroom. "You have ten minutes!" He shouted as he walked further away.

I didn't need long to get dressed and be ready to go. Chanyeol was nowhere to be seen when I put on my shoes, though. Maybe he already went outside first. I left the house and was surprised at the sight. 

"What are you doing? Hop on." Chanyeol said casually and handed me my bag. I approached him a bit mistrustfully and gazed the bicycle. "Are you scared?"

I wasn't scared. The bicycle didn't look safe enough for us both and I couldn't remember the last time Chanyeol rode it. To be honest, I wasn't trusting Chanyeol's bicycle riding skills either. In the end, I carefully took a seat on the back of the bicycle. Chanyeol wore his school bag at his chest so it wouldn't be in my face.

"You ready? Hold on tight, Ha Rin-ah." Chanyeol said cheesily and I grabbed on the bicycle instead.

"Tch, who are you kidding." If he was hoping I'd put my arms around him, he could forget that. But when Chanyeol w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter